howler_27
+90|6701
I'm sure that the North Korean's attitudes would change if we surface our BOOMERS off of their coast.  You know that we have at least two of them in the vicinity just waiting to unleash hell on them if they decide to launch.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6772|MA, USA

Bubbalo wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I think that China, if it wants to have good trade relations with the U.S. should give Kim Jong a time out.
The US is China's trade bitch.
Nope.

bad-card wrote:

theres a difference between a benefit and a reliance
And here are the figures to prove it.

Economist; World in Figures wrote:

Least Trade Dependent
Trade as % of GDP
1) Myanmar 3.0
2) Somalia 4.4
3) North Korea 5.3
4) United States 9.0

Most Trade Dependent
(no relevant countries in top 21)
21)  Papua New Guinea 54.5

Biggest Exporters
% of total world exports (visible & invisible)
1) Euro area 17.48
2) United States 12.72
7) China 4.85
26) Australia 0.98

Biggest visible traders
% of world visible exports
1) Euro Area 16.34
2) Germany 10.46
3) United States 9.95
5) China 6.09
26) Australia 0.98

Biggest invisible traders
% of world invisible exports
1) Euro area 19.25
2) United States 18.30
16) China 1.92
24) Australia 0.95

Largest Surplus as % of GDP
42) China 3.2

Largest Deficits as % of GDP
(no relevant countries in top 40)
40) Barbados -6.4
Yeah, they're putting a real hurtin' on us.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6693|Broadlands, VA
Normally I'd say that Kim Jong Il is just hurting for attention.  He's a notorious press hound and, usually, once the Security Council meets and starts talking about him he calms down and goes about his business.

However, this just feels different.  Actually throwing missiles up in the air is just plain irresponsible.

And it's also a bit unusual for China to not have reigned him in by now.  They might be letting him tie his own noose.

Dunno - just kind of wondering and rambleing.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6541|Portland, OR USA

whittsend wrote:

I find these figures dubious at best.  The US is a petroleum based economy, and those numbers are FAR too low to account for the vast amounts of oil we import.  We don't necessarily NEED to import that amount, but we do choose to.  Yet another example of perfectly legitimate statistics being used to tell a story.  Statistics are meaningless without knowing how they were figured.  I could say that 100% of people play BF2.  Nevermind the fact that I only asked people who I already knew played the game as my population base.  A statistician told to yield a certain result or looking for one will find it.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6851

DesertFox423 wrote:

They've gotten away with crappy threats before. It's similar to the Soviet Union. We see them as enemies before we find out that they are incompetent.
I predict all hell will break loose over this statment !
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6563|Southeastern USA
Lil Kim is an attention whore, he's just launching to gain attention in the hopes that someone will give him welfare or a car factory in exchange for him dismantling his LRBM program, although it appears that all he has to do to dismantle them is just launch them
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6851

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Normally I'd say that Kim Jong Il is just hurting for attention.  He's a notorious press hound and, usually, once the Security Council meets and starts talking about him he calms down and goes about his business.

However, this just feels different.  Actually throwing missiles up in the air is just plain irresponsible.

And it's also a bit unusual for China to not have reigned him in by now.  They might be letting him tie his own noose.

Dunno - just kind of wondering and rambleing.
He has all those hollywood actors over there and yet he is` SooOO RoneRY ! So RoonE Ree ! "

Now would be a good time for everyone to watch " Team America "

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-07-05 13:14:25)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6772|MA, USA

puckmercury wrote:

whittsend wrote:

I find these figures dubious at best.  The US is a petroleum based economy, and those numbers are FAR too low to account for the vast amounts of oil we import.  We don't necessarily NEED to import that amount, but we do choose to.  Yet another example of perfectly legitimate statistics being used to tell a story.  Statistics are meaningless without knowing how they were figured.  I could say that 100% of people play BF2.  Nevermind the fact that I only asked people who I already knew played the game as my population base.  A statistician told to yield a certain result or looking for one will find it.
We are also a petroleum producing economy, so we might not be importing quite as much as you think.  Besides, the point is that the vast majority of our trade is internal, and we are still one of the largest international traders.  The numbers aren't really that surprising if one takes the trouble to keep up with actual trends in world trade (the US is 1/5th of the world economy, all by itself, after all).

The Economist hasn't got much reason to skew its statistics in favor of the US (it is a British organisation), and is widely recognized as a valid resource on most political and economic matters; so you will, I hope, forgive me for not being too worried that you don't like the numbers.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-07-05 13:25:35)

manitobapaintballa
+32|6633
nk won't attack PERIOD they know that the us would just drop bombs for a week level the whole country and go about their buisiness.....

and every country has the right to defend themselves just because they are testing a missile don't mean they are ging to attack the us
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6543|Global Command

Bubbalo wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I think that China, if it wants to have good trade relations with the U.S. should give Kim Jong a time out.
The US is China's trade bitch.
Not

p.S.

Thanks, whoever left this!
Today 18:15:14      -1      North Korea fires missiles!      you stupid nigger...go to liberalville, aka - Hell!

Called me a liberal!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
=CDN= AndrewGood
+11|6521
Idiot, china owns the us. They use them to sell their crappy goods and they are one of the reasons for high gas prices (because there are billions of them). Hate to say it but eventually China will be alot more powerful than the US.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6641|Los Angeles, California, US.
North Korea, /fail . http://nkoreawar.ytmnd.com/ . Lol.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
ATG
Banned

DaReJa wrote:

Well, if as your link says they declared war on that, then they most likely won, no?
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6641|Los Angeles, California, US.

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

Well, if as your link says they declared war on that, then they most likely won, no?
!!
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6587
I've always known someone would take advantage of the U.S being in Iraq. Right now North Korea is just fin with the U.S. Soon the worst might come I have a feeling. It would be hard for the U,S to worry about both problems. I believe a world war 3 will be starting soon. With the united states already at war with terror, and some of there military in iraq, that would me that the United states would be easy to penetrate. unfortuatly the U.S is lucky to have a massive military force which will minimize ground intrusion. If they do proceed to go to war it will be sea combat battles subs and airships. Nothing will ever touch the United States ground. They have missles enabled to lock onto missles to destroy. It would be so hard for another country to come in and over run the United States. Just think about it everyone in the U.S just about owns a hand gun so that's a plus. Well if anyone is actually worried about north korea having missles, don't. They would rather want us to be scared. but in the long run. I don't think anything would even happen on the U.S's soil. I kind of contradicted myself but it can go both ways. Besides its only a test for now. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited by xixspyder (2006-07-05 21:27:49)

d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6699|Hell's prison

Bubbalo wrote:

Neg. Karma wrote:

No, China is US's trade bitch, faggot. They wouldn't be anything without our trade. Now go hang yourself freedom hating cocksucker
You're right, China wouldn't be anything without trade with the West (not just US).  But now the US relies on China's cheap, cheap products.
Even I gotta say as an American, that was pretty harsh Neg. Karma, I think we coulda lived without 'faggot' and 'bitch' and the talk of 'hanging oneself'...Im pretty patriotic to my land, but thats a little far for even me....
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6699|Hell's prison

xixspyder wrote:

I've always known someone would take advantage of the U.S being in Iraq. Right now North Korea is just fin with the U.S. Soon the worst might come I have a feeling. It would be hard for the U,S to worry about both problems. I believe a world war 3 will be starting soon. With the united states already at war with terror, and some of there military in iraq, that would me that the United states would be easy to penetrate. unfortuatly the U.S is lucky to have a massive military force which will minimize ground intrusion. If they do proceed to go to war it will be sea combat battles subs and airships. Nothing will ever touch the United States ground. They have missles enabled to lock onto missles to destroy. It would be so hard for another country to come in and over run the United States. Just think about it everyone in the U.S just about owns a hand gun so that's a plus. Well if anyone is actually worried about north korea having missles, don't. They would rather want us to be scared. but in the long run. I don't think anything would even happen on the U.S's soil. I kind of contradicted myself but it can go both ways. Besides its only a test for now. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
It wont reach US land at all.  We have the best Air and Naval force in the world.  If they deploy their navy, Our Navy will send em home packin, the Air Force Stationed in Japan will put the nail in the coffin, we still have enough Marines, Soldiers, and Airmen here to take care of business in the unlikely event they do reach land.  I dont exactly remember numbers, but we do have F-15's, F-16's, possibly A-10's.  And I hear some of the Pacific Forces just got a few shiny new F-35A's.  But dont quote me cause I really dont know, all rumors at this point.

Last edited by d3v1ldr1v3r13 (2006-07-06 04:50:47)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575

bad-card wrote:

you underestimate companies desire to meet demand and you overestimate americas reliance on china. there is no chance whatsoever that comapnies couldnt keep up with demand.
YOu overestimate a company's ability to defy the laws of physics, specifically as they relate to time.

bad-card wrote:

no sorry thats not coherant. can i get that in english
Say you get product X from China, and product Y from Canada.  You do not get much or any of product X from Canada, rather you get it from China.  Does that make mores sense?

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

veitnam and bangladash already have sweatshops =P
And there are some in Africa.  But it's a matter of how much they can produce in a given time.

whittsend:  Those numbers fail to take into account what is imported/exported, and what could be generated internally.  China is the 3rd wealthiest nation in terms of natural resources, they have everything they need in their territory.
Asianwaste
+7|6519
When it comes to diplomatic relations, the NK has not a friend in the world.  As far as I can tell, even China is sick of their antics.  Kim Jong Il is nothing but a fat man who is been spoiled from his father's fame.  He's been notorious for using charity money to feed his people to buy an anual series of mercedes automobiles.  He is also notorious for using his intelligence community to kidnap celebrities from Taiwan, China, SK, and Japan to feed his hobby (which is making and watching movies).  I'm Korean in Japan right now, but I've talked to some of the NK expatriates in Yokohama and they've told me of movies that are pure propaganda starring a lot of kidnapped celebrities.  He's a huge James Bond fan which supports my theory that he fantasizes about being a real life Bond-Type archvillain of some sort.  If he gets a missile that works, he'll use it just to satisfy his childish fantasies.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6582|Oxford
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
I've been looking like crazy for those pics of him dressed up as Elvis, does anyone have one?
ATG
Banned
Anything for you Kr@cker;

https://i6.tinypic.com/1z4l9av.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6698|United States of America
Seriously, this seems a dumbed down version of the Cuban Missile Crisis. What we need is an intimidating president who presents a strong stance against this issue and can pown the NK if necessary.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Anything for you Kr@cker;

http://i6.tinypic.com/1z4l9av.jpg
I wonder who is better at it, him or Koizumi?
(weird how they both like Elvis, but I don't think Koizumi does the impersonations)
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6693|Broadlands, VA
Dammit k@acker - I can't concentrate with that sig in my face. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard