M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6742|Peoria, Illinois
I'm surprised no one has posted the official statement yet. It gives a link to report errors and one to give feedback.

Community Update - 7/05/06

Greetings!

We are beginning the first phase of our 1.4 patch beta testing! This initial phase of testing will only include a small number of servers whose focus is to ensure stability in a live environment. At the completion of this phase we will be rapidly expanding the number of servers hosted to allow everyone an opportunity to review this latest patch.

I would like to stress that everyone who downloads the beta files should take the time to read the included text file so that you can properly safeguard your current BF2 install.

Also please note that EA Customer Service can not provide any support for issues related to the Beta Patch. I encourage everyone to log into the EA-Battlefield forums and participate on the 1.4 Patch Beta discussions that will cover both 1.4 issues, tuning changes, and new features.

Issue Reporting
Feedback

Beta Full (522MB)
Beta Incrimental (138MB)

A few of the servers hosted will be set to the new ‘No Vehicles’ server setting that will allow players to focus on infantry vs infantry combat on all BF2 and Special Forces Maps. Other servers will include the new "Road to Jalalabad" map, sponsored by Comcast, which will allow US and MEC forces to engage in a new urban warfare environment!

Everyone here at EA and DICE look forward to working with the community to ensure this next patch is a solid step forward for the Battlefield Franchise.

-The Battlefield Team
RR
+7|6535
god damn so funny the new map is
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6630|Cork, Ireland
You sound like Yoda
BulletStorm.fin
+1|6646|Finland-->Kymi-->Kotka
I tested that and I must say it's pretty nice. If they in EA and Dice can make the game even a bit better what it is now it will be great. Still the Road To Jalalabad is too much like Karkand and Mashtuur but still a good map. Maybe a little bit too maze for me xD. I liked it and now I'm really waiting that day when official 1,4 is coming out
rootbeer73
+24|6596|in a small dark place
any news on official release?
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6553|Sammamish, WA
This is kind of funny to me...so many of the BF2 patches released so far have been horribly buggy and in some way created problems for users. This time they FINALLY figure it out and release it for public beta. A step in the right direction, in my opinion. Maybe this will help them to find some of the bugs that they've created along the way.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6658
any info on what they did to reduce the cartillary?
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6630|Cork, Ireland
No, not yet
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6851|Toronto, Canada
How do I do it so that I can play both 1.4 and 1.3? So I don't have to reinstall when I want to go back to non-beta gameplay.
DirectFire
+6|6571

TrashBlinD wrote:

Is Jalalabad included in this beta?
yes it is. I downloaded the 1.4. beta and for some odd reason I am having connectivity issues hmmmm. I was ale to play single player though. Jalalabad IS NOT an infantry only map. It has the option of being infantry only as all of the previous maps have that option as well. Imagine playing Wake Island without a bunch of noobs staying on the boats waiting for planes to spawn. Or planes base raping the boats!?!?!? I expect we won’t see a lot of plane and tank whores playing the infantry only maps. My opinion about Jalalabad so far. There are numerous hiding spots which will make this map a snipers paradise. Tanks will not be able to own this map like previous maps. We will get killed without every seeing who pulled the trigger, Cartillery is no more. Commanders cannot drop vehicles on top of buildings to take out troops. No further. What are you opinions.

Last edited by DirectFire (2006-07-05 13:30:04)

Ben>You
+90|6537

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

A few nerfs in the current beta build:

-Prone spamming is no longer practical (theres a long delay between crouches and prones so youre just slow)

-Dolphin diving is also no longer practical, same reasons as prone spam

-C4 can't be chucked very far anymore
Sooo... what the fuck are we to do? Go prone and get rushed? Christ I hate EA.

Another thing, about this whole Infantry Only deal.. Wtf? This isn't HALO. We dont have magical sheilds protecting us from grenades when we stand on top of them. We don't have big green mechanical suits that allow us to run as fast as an olympian for a half hour. When I shoot someone in the head with a .50 Caliber rifle, they better fucking either die, or lay down and pretend to be dead and gimme the 2 points. None of this 2 headshot bullshit. 4-5 bars of health for paddling some1? What the hell? Last time I checked, getting zapped while your still alive didnt hurt, it just immediately stopped your heart. It didnt scathe your knee and give you a wound equivolent to belly flopping a foot above the pool. Usually when I stab someone in the face with a military grade and issue combat knife, they die. Then again, a .50 Cal to the head doesn't fuck 'em up, why should a knife?  Flame on.

Well thats twice now that people have misspelled "Whining" in their reason for negging me. If you're going to neg me and leave a reason, at least take the time to look up in the dictionary some words that you were supposed to have learned in 2nd grade that you're putting in your reason.

Last edited by Ben>You (2006-07-06 10:09:16)

LockerFish
+47|6716
When I downloaded it, it was a .rar file and my media player tried to play it... can anyone help me get a patch?
Hyper
Banned
+154|6761
http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar36b6.exe
you need to install winrar

Last edited by Hyper (2006-07-05 13:46:19)

Chuckles
+32|6558
I don't like this.  If I don't beta test, I can't complain about how crappy it is.  If I do, I can't complain about how crappy a job EA does of testing their stuff........

Damn you Robin Hood for bringing this to my attention.  My ignorance was blissful.  Damn you to hell.
Swiss
+20|6556
use winrar to extract the installer. www.rarlab.com
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6579

Eboreus wrote:

any info on what they did to reduce the cartillary?
You can only drop it on roads or free space, not on buildings anymore. If you point to a building it fades red in the Commo Rose, if you use the Commander Screen the options is faded red.

And you cannot drop it accurate anymore, they added a deviation like you got with supply drops.

Last edited by fierce (2006-07-05 13:52:45)

N)i(N Herby007
Anti Unlock Police
+39|6531|Gamrie UK - Proud of It!
Just finished playing a round on the new map. Very good with lots of close quater combat once in the city. However, since it was on without the infantry only setting, people where complaining about being spawnraped by tanks. While i was playing though i only saw the enemy tank once...and i was USMC. Got to say DICE did a good job!
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6638|The Netherlands
this beta suck
only 2 servers one whit 8 players !?!?!?!?! and one whit 40
and most o stuff dont work right(yes i told to EA)
Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6578|Where I don't know where I am.
Untick Punkbuster and Ranked to find more servers.

So far, Red/Blue tag bug from a teammate and I have had 2 CTDs and 1 set of connectivity issue.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

While everybody hrere seems to be ranting about the patch. I think I'll be quite happy with it if BF2 runs again with it on my computer.

Friggin game collapsed after 1.3...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6780|New York
300 ping on all of the THREE servers I found.  It seems there's no US server yet.  If a sniper and support person get on the hotel, it's practically impossible to kill them.  There is only 1 ladder.  There are no jets or helicopters that can be used to parachute down on top of them.  The building is also too high to throw grenades on top of.  GG EA.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6750|Omaha, Nebraska
I don't think people understand what the word beta means. I think there are a few links to express your thoughts on bugs and performance issues. Use them.
l41e
+677|6659

New thing I noticed: Artillery, UAV, and vehicle drops all reload at the same rate.

Edit: And another thing: The ammo boxes on the Browning machine guns have covers.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-07-05 14:25:11)

JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6703|Sweden
Look at what I managed to do in singleplayer in this new patch, (The "BETA 1" sign is downthere if you download the pic and zoom in)

https://img439.imageshack.us/img439/1267/screen1665lk.jpg
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8561/screen1637kv.jpg

It took some tries thoe to succeed
But when I tried to drive in the car blowed up... hmm...

EDIT: The first pic isnt the same situation when the car landed corectly, but thats the same place that I clicked on, and that car on the first pic actually landed upside/down.

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-07-05 14:46:23)

TexRob
+3|6531
The lowered damage in infantry only, or the new higher health (whichever it is), doesn't make any sense.  Maybe EA just made a mistake?  I mean, how do you reason 2 headshots to the head otherwise?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard