-r3-anubis
+73|6555|florida

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

Anti-Tank class is a 7 year old who has a gun way bigger than he penis.
If that 7 year old has a penis...
TheSoprano
Tony Cipriani
+32|6532|Woodbridge, Ontario
omg likes a  love thes news at classs it is so fun cause the rockets and the machine gun make it a two punch combo I AM FRESH OBBESEd witht he at-class congrats +1 for oyu
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6637|Cork, Ireland
Did ANYONE understand what he just said? ANYONE at all?
cablecopulate
+449|6756|Massachusetts.
No, but apparently he gave somebody +1.
RaVeN.sco
+15|6552|Scotland

Coolbeano wrote:

Solution: Don't zoom. If you don't right click they don't get a warning.
dont quote me on this (bad pun i know)

but i heard that even looking at  atank with the unzoome dAT the tank still gets a buzz.

can someone confirm this ?? im at work so i can't check.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6622|Cambridge UK
Well it wasn't me! And he seems to take karma very seriously judging by his sig!

Glad there are so many other peeps who share my opinions... It CAN be hard to take out a tank, you just have to be a bit cunning in your placement and not just fire a rocket at a tank in open ground, wait until it gets near some (preferably lots of!) cover. This is obviously much easier in urban maps.
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6623|Lancashire, UK

cablecopulate wrote:

someone called Oyu, I think.....
TheSoprano
Tony Cipriani
+32|6532|Woodbridge, Ontario

The Last Black Winegum wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

someone called Oyu, I think.....
lmao haha +1 if i could for OYU
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6658|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
i used to love AT back when the jump and shoot was around, dao couldnt be stopped......

but now i think AT should have at least a flashbng or two, it would really throw the odds around to the AT guys

tanks wouldnt know where the shot came from.....
twiistaaa
+87|6686|mexico

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

If only there were more people like you that could see the versatility of AT. The DAO pwns teh everybodies at teh close-range while the Rockets ownzors teh n00b snipers who don't see it coming!
and thank god not that many people still speak like you..

anyway yeah AT is pretty good, but i havent unlocked DAO yet so im stuck with that mp5 thing..
lead_head
+15|6702

Gulf_War_Syndrome wrote:

8645 AT rocket kills and counting....
10,250 AT rocket kills and counting..... you are catching me! :p
xbrandomx
+9|6668
I found that Sharqi is in desperate need of AT runners (being that I can either play AT or medic now for the clan I'm on) thats all I do.  The kit is extreamly versitile.  The only thing I usually need is a medic pack and more ammo cause I'd kill too many kids.

And although I don't use it as much (I use all stock weapons) I think they've nerfed the DAO lately.

Last edited by xbrandomx (2006-07-04 09:48:21)

t0mhank5
+319|6730|Surge
dao = weak, use the P90! patch one.three gave it a much faster fire rate. use it if you can.
CrazeD
+368|6691|Maine

earthazrael wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

It's only good if you have one tank traveling alone, with no boxes or engineers in sight. If they have a box/engi, then you might as well sit in a corner and wait for them to go away. 5 rockets isn't enough to kill a tank if it has a repair source (because DICE sucks at making games), and if they are traveling together as engineers, then they are invincible to AT rockets. I've even shot an APC dead nuts in the middle of it, and it was on fire, then just instantly repaired and killed me....WTF!

All the n00bs say to improve the AA missles....screw that, improve the AT missles.
Yeah, but only if they don't see you. If they do, they just shoot you with their 'ub3r-cannon-that-goes-through-anything'. Plus, you only have five rockets. At best, that's one APC and one tank. Now, if they are traveling together as engineers, then five rockets isn't enough.

I think the AT rockets should be as powerful as TOW's. Maybe that will discourage the fags in armor who just sit in a protected area where they pretty much can't be killed.
Actually with 5 rockets you can take out 2 tanks and an unarmored transport.  Personally I don't mind the power of the AT rocket all that much, but what bugs me is that the drivers get a warning before you fire because of the lock.  That why I play SF so much, because that RPG just owns vehicle whores.  It isn't anymore powerful, but they have no idea you have the thing out and targeting them.  It makes hitting tanks from the rear a lot easier, hence more kills.
You can only kill a tank with 2 shots if you hit it deadnutz in the front of the tread. How often do you get that chance once, let alone twice?

To counter the AT lock, aim over the tank and then right as you fire pull down quickly. By the time he hears it, he's already been hit.
Defiance
+438|6689

I to have suddenly liked the AT class. I was just caning infantry on wake with the eryx/sraw, and it wasn't a one time thing.

I hopped on another server at a different time and I wasn't just "having a good day."

AT is badass, but for SF I still prefer to have an m95 then a dao on top of a roof.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6754|200m out and smiling at you.
P90 ftw get it, it's the reason i play AT, and I was using it while it was still at 600 RPM, and it was patch 1.22 that they upped the RPM, it wasn't until 1.3 that they updated the sound file to the 900 RPM.
Defiance
+438|6689

I'll get the damn P90 after the next 20,000 facking points!
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6637|Manitowoc, WI
yeah, since i read this thread i have started to be AT more.  and from my experince, the MP5 and PP19 can be deadly.  i NEVER use the DAO.  it is so cheap.   in CQC you just go around a corner and BAM BAM BAM.  the guy is dead without any chance.

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2006-07-05 19:52:18)

Brissles
+2|6530
Everyone who uses AT on Karkand have about 5 points at the end of the round, literally.

A potentially good class, but not rewarding enough.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6637|Manitowoc, WI

Brissles wrote:

Everyone who uses AT on Karkand have about 5 points at the end of the round, literally.

A potentially good class, but not rewarding enough.
complete bullshit.  whenever i play on karkand i am AT, you have to be with potentially 6 pieces of armor running around, and i usually lead the team or am in the top 5 or so. 

i guess the AT class isnt good around the hotel because its of no use.  but if you where you are supposed to  be, INSTEAD OF WASTING TICKETS AT THE HOTEL, and at the nothern spawn points and the EAST ISLAND you should get alot of points
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6807|Singapore

BolvisOculus wrote:

complete bullshit.  whenever i play on karkand i am AT, you have to be with potentially 6 pieces of armor running around, and i usually lead the team or am in the top 5 or so. 

i guess the AT class isnt good around the hotel because its of no use.  but if you where you are supposed to  be, INSTEAD OF WASTING TICKETS AT THE HOTEL, and at the nothern spawn points and the EAST ISLAND you should get alot of points
Where the fuck is this mysterious island?
AK5489
+16|6525|US
ive been wondering if there are weak spots you need to aim to hit tanks, because whenever i get hit by anti tank i seem to go down in 2 shots, yet i can send 4+ rockets into a tank and for nothing. never thought of engineers on board
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6807|Singapore

www.secretsofbattlefield.com

Or whatever the address is. Its all there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard