bruisehound
+14|6806
props to oug for his first sentence (except for the typo).

Let us all remember that there might be a difference between ISLAM and WHAT PEOPLE HAVE DONE IN THE NAME OF ISLAM.
I am sure many of us would like to believe that there is a difference between CHRISTIANITY and WHAT PEOPLE HAVE DONE IN THE NAME OF CHRISTIANITY (see also: the massacre of Jerusalem in the 1st Crusade).

Islam says a great deal about tolerance as well as about intolerance, it's just a matter of what elements the imams and mullahs can make popular this century.
X3M*Selkie
+13|6603|Belgium
Amazingly and daring, but correct.
If the majority of the people would think like her, war would be limited to videogames....

https://www.bf2player.com/sig/413515.png
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6870|Bryan/College Station, TX
First "oug" let me say that apparently America as a whole has pissed on your head and so you hate us all. But please do not judge the country for the beliefs of a few. The same can be said for Islam or any religion including Christianity. The actions of a few may be wrong but as they says, "All it takes is one rotten apple to ruin the bunch."

I fully believe that what she states is very much the case. Many religions have moved forward with the times and have recanted or modified scipture to better fit the modern world. One has to look at all the changes the Vatican has made in their beliefs over the last few decades to see this happen. Though every religion has it's fanatics. Judaism which is the base religion of the Jews still has it's fundamentalists. You see them wearing all black with the black hats, the curled hair and the long beards. Christians have their Monks. Why would Islam be any different in this? The only problem of course is that their fanatics are actually killing hundreds or thousands a people a year for their religious cause. They have yet to move forward into the modern world and realize that their docterine and their scriptures were written for a time when they were fighting fo their very existance. Now the religion of Islam is the largest religion on the planet. I hardly think that they are fighting for their survial anymore. So to follow the scriptures to the letter is ignorant and being simply minded. Modernization in not only lifestyle and living but also thinking is very much needed in the Middle East.

Wafa Sultan has the courage to say this as a former woman in the nation of Islam. She not only says it publically she debates it to the priests and she does it all in Arabic. I support her and hope her fight really makes a difference.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-07-03 23:16:34)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6545|Πάϊ
Listen "kilroy0097": I have no idea what makes you say I hate America as a whole. If somehow this came out of  what i have said, then I apologize for the misunderstanding. I generally like to avoid generalizations like this. I realise that due to systematic efforts by the American Government the public is being kept in the dark and to my mind that accounts for most of the false (to say the least) opinions appearing in this forum. I'm afraid though, that those beliefs, are "not the beliefs of a few" any more. The way I see it, quite a large amount of the population is directly influenced by your government's dogma and subsequently, very little is done by the people as an opposition to the neo-conservative agenda put forth by J.W.B.

As far as religion is concerned, I myself prefer to act according to what I know for a fact rather than what I believe. To me religion is just a more effective form of government, trying to manipulate the people. I see no differences whatsoever among religions and could never name one to be better than another. All religions will kill for their cause, whether they call it jihad or the crusades.
I don't even know who or why brought religion into this conversation. Frankly, it has nothing to do with anything... appart from the fact that the west is using certain parts of the koran to make the arabs look bad in the eyes of the illiterate.

And those of you who -karma me, please leave your name cause i'm curious Dont worry i have no intention of doing the same, and even if i wanted to i cant cos i aint got enough posts yet. Ok wussies??

Better yet instead of -karma u better answer back so we can debate. Isnt that what its all about...?
ƒ³
shice
+9|6541|every1 h8's Germany
I dunno if some1 else already mentioned it but i liked the following:
"I was ordered to fight the people until they believe in Allah and His Mmessenger."
That for me pretty much describes the muslim behaviour for what i know.

Intelligent women i have to say. No joke.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6545|Πάϊ
-2 karma for my 1st post on the subject and here's the excuses:

1. - LOL! go ahead and hate america, we'll shape the world to our liking as you babble on nonsensically. 

2. - US Army are "terrorists"? Boy, you have no fucking clue. They have smart weapons to avoid civilians where possible, not kill their own people like terrorists.   

I see no reason to comment on any of these moronic comments. Yet i would appreciate it if you had the decency to write your name underneath so we can laugh at you next time.
ƒ³
bruisehound
+14|6806
Shice, I hope you read this.

"There is no compulsion in religion."

- The Qu'uran

"In all things, the best path is moderation."

- Mohammed

"...we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain."

- Deuteronomy 2:26-35 (The Old Testament).

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

- Matthew 10:34-36 (The New Testament)
specops10-4
+108|6769|In the hills

Bubbalo wrote:

Rygar wrote:

"We have not seen a Jew blow themselves up in a German restaurant..."
Hmmm.........and how much exactly are the Germans paying the Jews to continue the attack on Palestinians?
How much money are we sending over for oil?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6587
What?  I honestly don't understand what you're saying..................
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6863
snicker...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard