Buzerk1
+44|6846

atlvolunteer wrote:

As I posted in the other identical thread (again, why did you create two identical threads?):
If you don't like it, you have three options (at least)
1. get in a tank and kill his ass
2. spawn as AT and kill his ass
3. spawn as spec. ops and kill his ass
Did I miss any?
Yup, spawn as an Engi and kill is ass...
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6787

atlvolunteer wrote:

As I posted in the other identical thread (again, why did you create two identical threads?):
If you don't like it, you have three options (at least)
1. get in a tank and kill his ass
2. spawn as AT and kill his ass
3. spawn as spec. ops and kill his ass
Did I miss any?
Yes. Join his team, let him TK you several times while trying to get 'his' tank, punish all times and watch him get kicked and banned.  It's very funny.
LuGia
+0|6761

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

nah, people are whining coz they cant kill them coz they aint got skill to do it .
Maybe your brain dosen't have skills ?

EVERYBODY can kill a tank. But if you have a teamates who kills you constenly just for using tank, that is pretty low. And YES, tank is a weapon and I am not whining dumbass...

I just said it was low and mindless to kill your mate for a tank, and just killing all people you see..

Includeing your team !
Bravery
+-1|6779
Leave the whine in the cellar.
elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6765|Columbus, Indiana

LuGia wrote:

I just played Strike A Karkand, and some dumb NOOBISH clan named iLL.bf2 just tanked whoring the whole server.

A F U C K E D up player named Kuddel ( Gay bird ), made 86 points as a tank ONLY.
Tank is soooo easy, and if you went to close at the tank spawn, he just shoot you.
He TEAMKILLED and TANK WHORING and think he was good. "Hi my name is Kuddel, I am a big fat nerd. I am in a clan named iLL.bf2. and I just teamkill all my players if they may take the tank. And I am just whoring around like a Hill Billy and WOW ! I must be good, coz I got a lot of kill in that tank"

Do any people in here, feel the same way about tank fuckers ? I hate them so much.

No combat skills or teamwork... Tsk
DO NOT FLAME. I just asked
And to think we paid for this lol...........Welcome to BF2
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6749
I love/hate tank whores at the same time. I find it unfair for the other team since players enver get to use the tank. I love tank whores coz they suck, they are easy to C4, Just a free kill.
Jodah3
+1|6748
I agree with the pretty standard argument against the OP: Tanks are there for a reason, and if somebody wants to spend all their time on it, who cares?  They paid for the game the same as you did.

I also agree that TKing for the tank is wrong, just the same as doing it for the jet, but it's not like you're forced to play that server.  Punishing exists to deter that action, and if the person is unaffected by it, then just leave and find a new server.

If your complaint is that tanks are overpowered, I'd have to disagree with you there.  In a 1v1 fight, a tank vs. infantry is an obvious mismatch, but that's the way it should be, the last time I checked armor > skin and cannon > rifle.  However, there are plenty of counters to tanks.  AT missiles, mines, c4, TOWs, jets, other tanks can all drop a tank fairly easy.  Not to mention they have almost zero mobility, a slow moving turret and are a big fat target sitting in the middle of the road.

There are other, more powerful vehicles, with less counters that are whored even more... but we'll keep that out of this thread.
clncmmndr
+5|6784|Laguna Beach, CA
I don't mind people who use tanks efficiently and for their team success - they're as entitled to use them just as the next person. But a bad spawn point is the Square at Karkand in the 32 and 64 player maps. I hate it when USMC tanks sit on the west road and just cap your ass every damn time.

And one round, that was the only spawn point we had on the map and my team was too stupid to form squads.

In times like those, people need to get out of their tanks and cap the flag instead of tank-capping our whole team.
Bloody Sky
+2|6854|Texas
Actually I like Tank Whoring SOMETIMES. It can be kind of fun. I know I tank whored to easilly get my Expert Spec Ops 40 kills in one round. And as CMDR_Dave can tell you, when I tank whore, I can tank whore with the best of them!
One time I had like 46 kills and 13 Deaths tank whoring with CMDR_Dave in the server and my squad. He didn't really talk that much that round. Either he was jealous or he hated me for being a cheap tank whoring bastard.

I got called a hacker after that round, of course (there is always SOMEONE that is just WAITING to call someone a hacker!) but Dave was there to back me up.
Then I played like normal (like I usually do), just running around as Spec Ops, killing people.

I guess you CAN say Tank Whores have no skill. But that's a bit harsh. I like APCs more than Tanks though. So I guess I'm a Armor whore, then. But no skill? I have skill..... but I just like to have fun sometimes to, by getting in a big armored monstor and blowing people to Hell.
Michael82
+4|6791|Copenhagen, Denmark

clncmmndr wrote:

In times like those, people need to get out of their tanks and cap the flag instead of tank-capping our whole team.
Why? If i'm gonna die, going out and you guys take my tank, you'll be able to get other flags... why would i be that stupid, when i can ripe in kills... just spawn as AT for christ sake

P.S. As you might notice, i find whiners utterly comical
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6753
yea, i'm still waiting for the knifewhore term to show up....

seriously, if they make an ANTI-TANK kit, a tank is nothing big.  annoying? sure.  harder to kill?  of course. 

and on the n00b tubers:  the grenade launcher is a WEAPON.  if some guy nails me from 50 yards out with the thing, i'd be freakin' impressed.  the little lackey bunnyhoping around shootin' grenades at my feet from 5 feet, not so much respect.  annoying?  hell ya.  but that guy sure as HELL ain't gettin me twice.

don't get mad, GET EVEN!!!
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6753

Michael82 wrote:

clncmmndr wrote:

Why? If i'm gonna die, going out and you guys take my tank, you'll be able to get other flags... why would i be that stupid, when i can ripe in kills... just spawn as AT for christ sake

P.S. As you might notice, i find whiners utterly comical
i'm with you on that.  EXCEPT for the few that have the EXACT LOCATIONS of the spawn sites memmorized and sited in...

that's kinda cheap...

it'd almost be nice if EA could come up with a way NOT to spawn you directly in someone's sites.  or in the path of an oncoming vehicle.  or a rocket that's head for the tank about to run you over....

that one was bad...
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6776|Arizona
Um...I think Lugia was beat out of a medal. 
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6779|Columbus, Ga.

Michael82 wrote:

Ok

I won't flame you (since your pissed already ), but i TOTALLY AND UTTERLY disagree with you

1: If he kills you with a tank, respawn somwhere else
2: If he pisses you off in a tank, respawn as AT. A tank needs 2 well placed rockets to die (from top or from rear) and 4 max. A tank stands NO chance vs. 2 good AT's
3: Defend your tank flag better, so that you guys have a tank to fight back.

I do nothing but laugh when people call me a tank whore (even though i'm a helo pilot mainly). I remember on Kark, the 2nd flag near the high building. I came from the small pass (where a tank can squeeze through) from MEC side. They'd lost their tank flag, so i spawned and took it.
Well anywho, i drive towards the flag, start to kill people who spawn (their last spawn as i recall). I keep moving back n' forth, so a C4 won't wipe me. I even noticed that they didn't respawn as AT's, which is their own fault cause they want points as certain kit *sigh*

Suddenly a guy says "stop raping us and try to take flag u n00b".

Here's my philosifi. Should i drive my tank SMACK in the middle of the flag, where MEC's can spawn ALL AROUND ME and try to get a flag, which i 99.9% WON'T get. Then letting them spawn and they might get another flag

OR

Do as i did, and just slaughter the durca durcas, let the grunts move in and give them heavy tank support and let them take flag faster, with less casualties?

People who whine about tank whore's need to learn how to kill a tank. I don't remember Iraqi soldiers in the golf war, calling Bush saying "your tanks are too strong for us, let us have better weapons to kill them with. Our AK-47's don't work".
Thank God, it's lovely to find another intelligent post. thank you my friend. i quoted the whole thing so maybe the original poster would read it again.  (ayb i am not cheating on you, lol)
ayb
+0|6764|Orlando, FL
you told me i was special :`(
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6851|Missoula, MT

Bloody Sky wrote:

Actually I like Tank Whoring SOMETIMES. It can be kind of fun. I know I tank whored to easilly get my Expert Spec Ops 40 kills in one round. And as CMDR_Dave can tell you, when I tank whore, I can tank whore with the best of them!
One time I had like 46 kills and 13 Deaths tank whoring with CMDR_Dave in the server and my squad. He didn't really talk that much that round. Either he was jealous or he hated me for being a cheap tank whoring bastard.

I got called a hacker after that round, of course (there is always SOMEONE that is just WAITING to call someone a hacker!) but Dave was there to back me up.
Then I played like normal (like I usually do), just running around as Spec Ops, killing people.

I guess you CAN say Tank Whores have no skill. But that's a bit harsh. I like APCs more than Tanks though. So I guess I'm a Armor whore, then. But no skill? I have skill..... but I just like to have fun sometimes to, by getting in a big armored monstor and blowing people to Hell.
You know I've got your back buddy!  Maybe I was a little quiet...it could have been a touch of jealousy.  Just glad you were on my side! 

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-11-16 05:08:08)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6802

LuGia wrote:

I just played Strike A Karkand, ...

A ... player named Kuddel ... made 86 points as a tank ONLY.
No combat skills or teamwork... Tsk
DO NOT FLAME. I just asked
No combat skills or teamwork?  So killing 40+ of the opposition isn't good?  If, as you say, he tk'ed a bunch of people, that's probably more like 50 combat kills.  Unless you're on a stat-whore server with thousands of tickets, that's pretty good work.
Metaltop
+1|6772|The Netherlands
another tank/chopper/jet whore complain,,

Instead of the word "whore" you could say "expert".
Because you are getting killed by someone who knows how to use his vehicle.

btw, tanks aren't hard to run away from or to blow up with C4 or AT.
Just practice and maybe one day they will call you a "whore" for something you did.
LSD_Wash
+64|6823
If the guy was tk'ing to get tanks he should be banned for life.... period. 

If you are bitching that you kept getting killed by tank, you should be pissed at yourself and/or your team.  Tanks are easy to kill if you can A) get close enough to C4 or B) get a cleverly placed landmine or C) convince your squad to spawn as A.T. and take him our or finally D) get your own tank or APC and take him out.  There are few things in BF2 that are more satisfying that getting a couple of C4's on a tank and blowing him all to hell.... you should try it sometime. 

All in all, the game is pretty well balanced between armor and non-armor.  If tanks are annoying you, blow them up.  If you want a pure shooter where are is no armor, you should try another game.  Quake 3 or 4 perhaps.
nating75
+0|6786
The original poster was not not complaining about getting killed by a tank people! He was complaining because some clan dildo was camping the tank spawn point and TKing for the tank. That's a tank whore by definition.

Your rants about owning people in a tank are useless against his argument.
ArkAng37
+1|6854|San Antonio, TX
I have a question. When your waiting for a player or two to join so that the round can start do yall get mad when someone gets a tank and base camps while waiting for players and when they have more then two places to spwn at? I have this happen today. I was the tank guy and someone was pissy that I BC one spwn point at karkand. He was american, and I was mec. I was behind the far spwn point for the US and I killed em two or three times before someone c4ed me!
Bloody Sky
+2|6854|Texas

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Bloody Sky wrote:

You know I've got your back buddy!  Maybe I was a little quiet...it could have been a touch of jealousy.  Just glad you were on my side! 
Ha ha! That was the best Tank Whoring, EVER!!
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6816|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Bloody Sky wrote:

I played as commander a couple of rounds in Sharqui with this guy in a tank on my team, and he IS GOOD. I think he ended up with 53 kills and 10 deaths....He can whore all he wants in tank when he's on my team!

Aren't we all BF2 whores anyway?
Maj.Do
+85|6761|good old CA
well tank whoring at that bad with me on kark cause im special ops and im always hiding then runnin up and planting c4 on the tank.  But if they are spawn killing and not capping . thats annoying as hell.
RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6770
To the original poster:

You should just switch team. And take him out, Karkand is such a lousy map for tankers. The turns are tight and ATs have plenty of places to hide. Why dun you just admit that you suck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard