Bananaman
+9|6638
Im having a few friends round to my house next week, everyone is bringing a computer and I want to hire a ranked server.  Can someone tell me exactly what hiring a server involves?  Do you just download a program, sign up and it goes?

I really do need very concise details so please answer as thoroughly as you can.  Thanks in advance.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6737
No you can only get ranked servers from a licensed host. Ive never heard of renting one for a week.
You can download a unranked server and run it locally but not ranked.
Bananaman
+9|6638
I am willing to pay for it for the month.  I dont want unranked.

Could you please explain the procedure, do you sign a contract? does the server company send you hardware/software? do you pay in advance? can you change games?

I have never rented a server before so I need it explaining in really simple terms.

20 players should be plenty.

Also, can you play a 64 map size if you only rented 16 slots?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6737
everything your asking depends on the host.
for more information go here.
http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/www/faq/
or u can do a google search for bf2 server hosting

BTW is just like renting any other server from a host. they host it for u on their server. so find one close to you.

Edit: wouldn't tell them right off hand that u wanna rent for a month to use it for a week. just ask them what if i decide i dint like your services can i get my money back if i cancel in the first month, ask if there is an early cancellation fee and if there's a satisfaction guarantee
Bananaman
+9|6638
Thanks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard