elite
+89|6729|Sheffield, England
oh does anyone think they would be good enough to outsmart the worlds best tank....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNrZg_J8 … ger%20tank
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6564|Southeastern USA
ha so do you get kickbacks from youtube
elite
nah i was jus browsing and saw this.....
Ben>You
+90|6541
... was this a commercial for range rover?
elite
nah it was a bbc programe for TOP GEAR....good shit
Shadovve
+10|6618|Columbus, OH
In what ways is the Challenger better than the Abrams?
elite
its armour and speed..and its accurate shot....i was just watching a programme on tanks like an hour ago....and it says the challenger 2 is the best in the world.

it was saying a story in iraq...the tank went in alone and got ambushed and hit its 2 window sites, and it sat in a hole for 10 hours blind...and they shot rockets for 10 hours straight and AT missiles and all the crew heard was small thuds, when they got back the tank was hardly damaged....now u tell me when a abrams has survived such attacks...and i saw a few abrams tanks being destroyed by one!!! rocket...enough said..
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
there are less than 400 of them made, enough said
it's rifled bore, adds range (longest claimed shot was around 5.5 clicks i think), not accuracy, but also limits the types of round that can be fired as some (rounds) actually have wings and guidance systems

you have no idea what exact rounds were fired at which tank, and considering how many more hundreds of abrams have actually seen battle then yes, there will be more casualties

they're different, not better than each other, each does something the other can't, kinda sad when you think about how some abrams are pushing 25 years old, yet can still hit a pie plate at a mile and a half at top speed over rough terrain, an israeli Merkava tank division could probably teach everyone a good lesson...

too bad this fat tard didn't really get blown up, he's an ass and probably the biggest reason I can't watch top gear.....

though this is a great vid for next time one of my friends try to tell me rovers suck (I'm a Ford fan)

edit: one of these nutjobs could probably get it done, they're usually pulling 100 mph or so on terrain like that

http://www.off-road.com/ford/ford.html

watch your volume when you hit the videos, they're all over the site and impossible to link

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-03 15:31:29)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6680|NT, like Mick Dundee

Hmm... Reminds me of an idea I wanted to try.

One Abrams tank (latest model) carrying as much ammunition as it could against 100 Russian T-34 tanks. Hehehe, splat goes the T-34. That would be funny to watch, like making 100 sheep face a tiger in combat...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
this is what he should have used

https://img458.imageshack.us/img458/5789/photozbronc8co.jpg

Nuge/Norris '08!!!

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-07-03 15:58:06)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51

elite wrote:

oh does anyone think they would be good enough to outsmart the worlds best tank....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNrZg_J8 … ger%20tank
Nice vid
RDMC
+736|6580|Area 51

elite wrote:

its armour and speed..and its accurate shot....i was just watching a programme on tanks like an hour ago....and it says the challenger 2 is the best in the world.

it was saying a story in iraq...the tank went in alone and got ambushed and hit its 2 window sites, and it sat in a hole for 10 hours blind...and they shot rockets for 10 hours straight and AT missiles and all the crew heard was small thuds, when they got back the tank was hardly damaged....now u tell me when a abrams has survived such attacks...and i saw a few abrams tanks being destroyed by one!!! rocket...enough said..
Lol, I once watched a show about tanks, and I said that the Leopard II was the best in the wordl
RDMC
+736|6580|Area 51

kr@cker wrote:

there are less than 400 of them made, enough said
it's rifled bore, adds range (longest claimed shot was around 5.5 clicks i think), not accuracy, but also limits the types of round that can be fired as some (rounds) actually have wings and guidance systems

you have no idea what exact rounds were fired at which tank, and considering how many more hundreds of abrams have actually seen battle then yes, there will be more casualties

they're different, not better than each other, each does something the other can't, kinda sad when you think about how some abrams are pushing 25 years old, yet can still hit a pie plate at a mile and a half at top speed over rough terrain, an israeli Merkava tank division could probably teach everyone a good lesson...

too bad this fat tard didn't really get blown up, he's an ass and probably the biggest reason I can't watch top gear.....

though this is a great vid for next time one of my friends try to tell me rovers suck (I'm a Ford fan)

edit: one of these nutjobs could probably get it done, they're usually pulling 100 mph or so on terrain like that

http://www.off-road.com/ford/ford.html

watch your volume when you hit the videos, they're all over the site and impossible to link
Don't forget that the Abram tank uses a Jet-engine, which is cool, but at the end its a like a heaven for Heat-seeking missles
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
horsepower = heat, no matter what type of engine is used, it is a Honeywell turbine that uses jp-8 jet fuel, but can also run on diesel, gasoline, and just about anything else available, though the power drops somewhat
bigp66
+63|6563|memphfrica-memphis,TN
nice but the M1A2 Abrams is the best tank not the challenger II and the Abrams smooth bore is more accurate and powerful that the challengers
bigp66
the Abrams is alot better.......there was an Abram stuck in heavy mud and was under attack by 3 t-72 tanks and was hit by a heat round..did nothing the Abrams put a round though the turret knocking it strait off...the other hit it with a heat round doing nothing and the Abrams took out the other t-72...then th last t-72 fired a 125mm armored piercing round and it did nothing more than a slight groove in the armor....it hid behind a truck and the Abrams put on thermal sights and fired a 120mm armor piercing round into the tanks side blowing it to hell......then the army recovery vehicles could;t make it to pull out the tank so the soldiers in the tank bailed out and got two other Abrams to fire 120mm armor piecing rounds at the top of the turret where the ammo was.....it hit and didn't blow up the tank....later it was pulled out and send to Analise and was still  able to preform at peak combat performance
and thanks for the negative karma......im sorry your jealous........but the Abrams is a lot better but don't get me wrong the challenger is dam good too.........it is second best by a Lil bit

Last edited by bigp66 (2006-07-03 16:21:02)

bigp66
and another one..........an Abrams vs. two t-90 or t-80 tanks and the Abrams fired a 120mm armor piercing round into the turret and when right through both of the tanks blowing both of the tanks turrets off.
i got a lot more reasons why it is better also

Last edited by bigp66 (2006-07-03 16:21:34)

BMF-Nichman
+6|6552

elite wrote:

the challenger is accurate and it cant hit a car? a car only going 40 mph?
the abrams can shoot down helis! beat that!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6576

kr@cker wrote:

5.5 clicks
clicks = kilometres?
Capt. Foley
+155|6602|Allentown, PA, USA

Bubbalo wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

5.5 clicks
clicks = kilometres?
Yes. Somehow I knew that when I was 8, how old are you? Havent you EVER watched a war movie?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6576
Well, you'll excuse me, but I live in a country which feels that for technical measurements you ought use proper terms.  And the only time I've ever known anyone to use the term "clicks" was in a Star Wars book.
Capt. Foley

Bubbalo wrote:

Well, you'll excuse me, but I live in a country which feels that for technical measurements you ought use proper terms.  And the only time I've ever known anyone to use the term "clicks" was in a Star Wars book.
Why do I even answer your questions. Your a idiot.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6576
The question you should be asking yourself is "Was he insulting me to insult me, or because I insulted him?".  And I'm curious as to how not watching movies could make me an idiot, care to clear that one up?

Edit: a few typos in your post:

Capt. Foley wrote:

Why do I even answer your questions? You're an idiot.
Can you see the irony?

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-07-03 22:04:37)

Capt. Foley
Just one question, scince Im from America is that the reason you think Im a idiot, I was just asking why you didnt know that ok. Mabey because your country dosent use words like that, and almost the only time they are ever used in the USA is in our Military, even though it is one of the most technology advanced and highest trained militarys in the world would you please find a reason to say we dont use proper terms. Also scince your from Australia and you say that they use proper terms how about you read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klick   "Its origin is sometimes linked with the Australian Army in Korea."

Last edited by Capt. Foley (2006-07-03 22:10:16)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
LOOK! BOOBIES!

vvvvvvvvvv

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard