PspRpg-7
-
+961|6718

Hello and welcome to my [as] review thread. This is a place where I review the programs on [as] and tell you what I think of them; whether you like it or not. I also give ratings to for the show . ***WARNING*** This thread is highly a opinionated if you disagree with what I've said, feel free to post so.

Adult Swim is a program-block thing that comes on 10 central, Mon.-Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. Don't know if this comes on outside the U.S...But I was bored. Hope you enjoy.

Futurama 7/10. A good show, but lack of new episodes bring it down.

Characters:

Phillip J. Fry: The main character. Gets frozen in a Cryogenics lab in the year 2000 while delivering a prank pizza, gets frozen for a thousand years.
Leela: The job assigner, the first person Fry meets. When Fry escapes, Leela ends up quitting her job.
Hubert Farnsworth: Fry's great great great (et cetera) nephew. Owns the Planet Express delivery company.

Amy Wong: An intern at Planet Express. Her parents own half of Mars.
Hermes Conrad: Planet Express' official Bureaucrat.
Bender: The 'workhorse' of Planet Express. Though in his case 'workhorse' is a oxymoron.
Zoidberg: The man-lobster doctor of Planet Express, does shotty work.

Opinion: 7/10. A good show, but lack of new episodes bring it down.

The good: Interesting plot line, funny characters, and IMO every episodes a treat the first time around. The second, you understand it a bit more, and third, it gets old.

The bad: Lack of new episodes, it's only funny before the 100th time you've seen it.

The ugly: NEEDS NEW EPISODES!

Family Guy 8/10 Hilarious show, but the excess of flashbacks almost makes it predictable.

Characters:

Peter Griffin: The head of the family and a complete idiot, this is why he's funny.

Lois Griffin: Peter's wife, and potential psychopath.

Meg Griffin: The daughter, everyone hates her.

Chris Griffin: The first son, a complete retard, but again, that's why he's funny.

Stewie Griffin: Perhaps the most interesting character. He tries to kill Lois at every chance, also a genius. (Can they understand him, or what? =\)

Brian: The talking pet of the family, also an alchoholic.

Glennwood Quagmire: The perv. of the group, hilarious. Says 'gigidy gigdy - goo.

Cleveland: The slow talking one. thinks women with power are sexy.

Joe Swanson: The crippled cop. Has the "Johnny Extreme" attitue.

Opinion:8/10 Hilarious show, but the excess of flashbacks almost makes it predictable.

The good: Theres a new season out, yay. Oh and it's funny, the first time.

The bad: The predictability and the constant flashbacks, and the occasional bad joke brings it down.

The ugly: too many god damn flashbacks and dragging out of some 'funny' scenes. Example: The episode where Peter wins a ticket to his favorite brewery, trips an says 'eeeesshh, ahhhhh' for about five minutes. Gay.

Venture Brothers 7.5/10 A fifteen minute show, has it's funny moments, and the action-y moments.

Characters:

Hank Venture: The 'tough guy' brother.

Dean Venture: The wuss brother.

Fattius Venture: The father of the two, a scientist.

H.E.L.P.E.R: No idea what it stands for, but he's basically the robot maid.

Brock Sampson: The insane, homicidal body guard.

The Monarch: Ventures arch nemesis. Wears a butterfly suit.

Dr. Girlfriend: The Monarch's deeply voiced girlfriend. Manly.

Opinion7.5/10 A fifteen minute show, has it's funny moments, and the action-y moments.

The good: Random, every episodes different, funny.

The bad: It's short

The ugly: No real story line.

Robot Chicken: 7/10 Short clips of clay figures making fun of todays life.

No solid characters here, so I'll cut to the opinion.

Opinion Short clips of clay figures making fun of todays life.

The good: Somethings are just so suddenly random, it's hilarious

The bad: Clay figures...C'mon

The ugly: Get's repititive. Fast.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force:

Characters: 8/10 Another 15 minute short of random mis-adventures.

Frylock: A 'box' of fries, shoots lasers from his eyes, hovers.

Shake: The 'gangster' of the group. Is a giant milkshake. No arms, just hands...

Meatwad: The popular one. An idiot, a ball of meat, and acts like a kid.

Carl: The next door neighbor. Hates the Aqua Teens. has a pool.

Opinion

The good: Funny, outrageos, totally crazy.

The bad: If an episode starts out bad, it's going to suck all fifteen minutes.

The ugly: Havn't seen a new one in a while...

Moral Orel 1/10 More clay-animation. Stupid. Not funny. I don't see why people think it is.

Characters

Orel: A god-happy kid, who's only life is to appease god.

Orel's dad: A belt-happy father, who beats his son for doing something stupid, which is all the time.

Orel's Mom: A conformist mother.

Opinion

The good: Morels an idiot.

The bad: It's CLAY

The ugly: Hardly funny.

Tom goes to the Mayor 2/10 this show BLOWS chunks never funny, cheapest 'cartoon' ever, too much gay crap (literally)

Characters: basically the mayor...And Tom.

Opinion:

The good: Enh? There's good?

The bad: Everything.

The ugly: It's on TV.

Mission Hill 9/10 A funny show of what it's like (sorta) to live in the big city.

Characters:

Andy French: The mostly un-employed brother, lazy, tries to be a cartoonist. Interesting.

Kevin French: The genius of the two brothers. Strong work ethic. Likes to say 'bling-blong'

Posey: The buddhist (I think?) of the group, calm, vegetarian, likes to grow stuff. A hippy.

Jim: The successful businessman. Owns an advert. company.

The gay couple: The gay couple. Owns a diner.

Opinion
The good: Original, funny. Good show.

The bad: Kevin's friends are annoying.

The ugly. Hmm, not really much here.

Inuyasha

I don't really watch this show. Nothing to say here.

S-CRY-ED 4/10 WTF is this show about?

Don't know the characters names...

Opinion time I guess...
The good: Has lots of explosions.

The bad: He has a lame power, it's some kind of gay super-punch.

The ugly: Typical anime.

Paranoia Agent 2/10 This show blows. It's about this stupid kid on gay-boots (rollerblades) with a crooked bat that beats the hell out of people.

Don't know characters...

Opinion! It sucks. No offense to the fans.

The good: people get beat up.

The bad: makes no sence

The ugly: How is this on TV again?

Boondocks 10/10 Personally, I love this show, I find it to be hilarious. Most of it is true as well.

Characters:

Huey Freeman: The 'revolutionary' ten-year-old.

Riley Freeman: The 'gangsta' ten-year-old.

Grandad: The crazy, and rich grandfather. The 'belt-ninja'

Uncle Rukus: The self-hating black man. Hates his own people. Has crazy eyes.

Opinion:

The good: Funny, original, based on a cartoon strip.

The bad: They say 'nigga' alot o.O

The ugly: Needs new episodes.

Full Metal Piece-of-crap, I mean alchemist 0/10 It's about a kid who tries to bring his mom back to life, but loses his arm, and his brother gets trapped in a SUIT OF ARMOR, FFS. And the suit of armor wears an apron.

Characters:

I don't care, this show sucks.

Opinion: 0/10 It sucks.

The good: There's nothing good here.

The bad: It's on TV

The ugly: A suit of armor...WEARING a god damn APRON.

I havn't seen the rest of the shows. But I would like to see FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun back on the lineup.

Got any additiosns, see any mistakes? P.M me.
Disagree with anything? Well, like I said. Post.

I may add more later.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-07-03 07:45:27)

-=5TON3D
+42|6554|u.k
lol you must have been bored as shit to feel like doing this.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6736
adult swim is teh own
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6718

-=5TON3D wrote:

lol you must have been bored as shit to feel like doing this.
Yes...Yes I was. And yes, Ninja, it is teh own.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6648|IRELAND

I came to this thread expecting naked skinny dipping..............
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6577
I think you're just hating on some of the Anime's 'cause you're being faceless. I mean, come on, you're hating "Paranoia Agent" with the citation a character who runs around and beats people up with a bat, and then support adding "Fooly Cooly" back when it's a cartoon of a kids who gets beat up by a girl with a guitar?

On top of that, you just go on to make some whacked assumption about FMA concerning aprons, as if that somehow detracts from plot development if a character manages to wear one during the course of the story? Confusion engages here.

Most Anime's are about ethical lessons, and to judge them just because some of them play "cool rock-ish techno" and others play songs sang in the native language of the creator just seems kinda...fake. Stories of adventure should be judged upon the various levels that are often used to critique and analyze literary works and filmed productions.

Just following your directions, so don't get too incensed.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6662|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

JahManRed wrote:

I came to this thread expecting naked skinny dipping..............
me too... but then Psp explained over xfire..
spawnofthemist
Banned
actually.. i've noticed a few mistakes in the original post..

1) you've messed up the bbcode and some parts are underlined that shouldn't be..
2) WHERE THE HELL IS QUAGMIRE IN THE FAMILY GUY DESCRIPTION?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6718

spawnofthemist wrote:

actually.. i've noticed a few mistakes in the original post..

1) you've messed up the bbcode and some parts are underlined that shouldn't be..
2) WHERE THE HELL IS QUAGMIRE IN THE FAMILY GUY DESCRIPTION?
DAMNIT he's the funniest too...
spawnofthemist
Banned
Giggidy Giggidy Goo!
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6783

and btw futurama is getting new episodes
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6577
When and on what station?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6718

Coolbeano wrote:

and btw futurama is getting new episodes
Yeah, but they're not currently out...That's my point.
Coolbeano
+378|6783

Well calm down then hehe
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6569|Southeastern USA
weird, I just heard that AS was getting exported to some of our euro neighbors and was going to post something to promote it, and maybe a warning as well, there is no real explanation for adult swim, tom goes to the mayor, sealab, and aqua teen are some of the most random shows since pee-wee's playhouse, which is going to be played soon as well.......

I'll find out what channels it's getting exported on and post it, welcome to the suck!!
Coolbeano
+378|6783

Okay really who +1'ed me saying "yeh sure i dont care ..i wondered if it was really you that negd me back ? then i rememberd i dont care " becuase this really has me confused...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6569|Southeastern USA
you forgot samurai champloo
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6577
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is good stuff.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6718

kr@cker wrote:

It wasn't worth it.
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6616|Bellmawr, NJ, US
I like that you gave Moral Orel 6 out of 10, yet said it sucked.  Which is it.

The only non-anime Adult Swim shows that don't suck are ATHF, Robot Chicken (its not all clay) and Venture Bros.  The rest is just crap.  Adult Swim used to be awesome, now they suck.

The anime is really good anime, but they haven't gotten a new one in some time, and their getting very old.  How many times can I watch Trigun?  Only a few times, then I shut off the tv and play BF2.

Note: I said "Adult Swim shows".  This excludes Futurama and Family Guy.  They are Fox shows.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6718

Sin-nisterMinister wrote:

I like that you gave Moral Orel 6 out of 10, yet said it sucked.  Which is it.

The only non-anime Adult Swim shows that don't suck are ATHF, Robot Chicken (its not all clay) and Venture Bros.  The rest is just crap.  Adult Swim used to be awesome, now they suck.

The anime is really good anime, but they haven't gotten a new one in some time, and their getting very old.  How many times can I watch Trigun?  Only a few times, then I shut off the tv and play BF2.

Note: I said "Adult Swim shows".  This excludes Futurama and Family Guy.  They are Fox shows.
I made this guide at 430am...But thanks for pointing that out.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6646|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Adult swim sucks balls, the dubbing is a sin against God, Fan-subs FTW!!!

What they did to FMA was just evil, all of the gore has been edited out, so it ends up being compared to crap like Pokemon..

Cowboy Bebop kicked ass as did the sound track, i would like to see Hellsing on there, but unedited.. and perhaps the odd movie like Grave of the Firefly's or Akira, i have only ever watched AS streamed and any Anime i get off fan-sub sites, dubs piss me off....

We should have a list of peoples favorite Anime and see what comes up top
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6718

I assume that FMA is full metal alchemist? God I hate that show. And lemme guess, you read lotsa manga?
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6646|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Yes, seriously download a Fan-sub it kicks ass, as does the movie!!

I have not read that much manga but i have started to read Hellsing Manga since the OVA release.

Last edited by =|A mere Shadow|= (2006-07-03 08:57:12)

easy-skanking
+43|6556

PspRpg-7 wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

It wasn't worth it.
fuck you man

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard