Tyshalle83
+1|6758|Raleigh, NC
I am by no means a spectacular sniper. However, I do greatly enjoy the art of sniping, and do find that I have a particular knack for it, even if my aim isn't perfect. I tend to find decent perches to set up shop, and when I can't snipe someone I just spot, like if they're in tanks and stuff.

Generally I can kill someone in about 3-5 hits tops. I've had plenty of two shot kills, and some one-shot kills as well, but in general I find that I'll miss them once or twice, sometimes three times. Generally I stick right around the 3 shot range.

Last night, I had to have fired at this guy like 19 fucking times, and he didn't die.

I had just shot someone who was further away than he was, so I don't think it was my graphics, but for the sake of discussion, all my graphics options were turned down to their lowests, except for how far I can see, that was turned all the way up.

This guy was probably 75 meters away from me, and in general he was just standing around.

I was shooting at him from an elevated position though. I was at the top of a crane while he was about 40 meters away from it, but he was just standing there. Well, sitting there. He was in an AA turret. I lined up the head shot though, fucking fired, and he didn't move. I fired again, this time aiming for his midsection, since I figured that'd be more accurate. At that point the AA turret started spinning around frantically, I think I hit him and he wanted to blast me with a rocket or something. He gets out of the turret and starts running for about 10 meters, then stops, and looks around. I fire at him again. And again. And again. He finally takes off running for cover, and at this point I'm just completely stunned that the bastard is still alive. He pokes his head out from his cover, and I fire again. He jumps back, comes back out a few seconds later, this time prone. I fire at his back, nothing happens. Fire again, and he starts crawling backward back behind his cover. Then he takes off running behind the cover of the dam, and I fire at him like 3 times while he's running. He pokes out, I fire again. He runs away, but when he stops, despite the fact that he's in the dam, a big chunk of the wall is torn away and I can see right through it, and can see him. So I fire again, and again, and again.

The fucker didn't die.

This has never happened to me before. I was wiggin' out over it. I just can't imagine that I missed him with four full clips of ammunition. So what's the deal? Could it have been my graphics glitching for being so low? Maybe a connection problem?

Is it possible there's some kind of invincibility hack out there (though I doubt it)?

Or do I just fucking suck?
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6756|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
Great way to test a hack, I suppose...never bothered to determine if there are health-hacks, but I'm sure there are...

OTOH, sitting in AA gives you some weird angles and such. I've tried knifing someone in AA and just couldn't...ended up shooting him with the DAO...what was really sad is he didn't ever figure it out...lol
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6799
here's some words to solve your dillema...
"I need a medic here!"
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6787

DesertEagle357 wrote:

here's some words to solve your dillema...
"I need a medic here!"
eh... did i miss something?
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6793|The Void
I think you target was a medic and kept healing himself.
I would have too.
Amazing the L85 didnt tear you up.
Know your target...
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6843
medic was my guess, and it might have been me. I have been chased around by a sniper. Every time I thought i knew his LOS . i got tagged again.
Buzerk1
+44|6842
Must be a medic... head shot would have solved your problem..
Tyshalle83
+1|6758|Raleigh, NC
Maybe, that's a good point I hadn't considered I guess. With my graphics turned down so low though I can't see shit. So I wouldn't be able to see him toss health packs.

Hm. Mystery solved I guess.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6768

If I had an invinsibility hack, I don't think I would be running away from you and hiding. In fact, I'd encourage you to shoot me so I can spot you and take you out...
thinner44
+1|6815

GotMex? wrote:

If I had an invinsibility hack, I don't think I would be running away from you and hiding. In fact, I'd encourage you to shoot me so I can spot you and take you out...
Sounds right to me

I've often shot someone several times with the sniper rifle and thought, 'he should be down now', only for him to run off. I've seen him later in the round and got him with a single headshot.... it'll do it every time
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6749|Vienna- Austria
still when using the m95 he should have shot him faster than he could heal himslef
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6772|Trondheim, Norway

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

still when using the m95 he should have shot him faster than he could heal himslef
Not if he had medpac's allready tossed out in vicinity. Offcource is all upp to the sniper and his skill level, easy to throw of aim with just a few tapps on the directional keys while proning on med pac's.

Dunno whats the range between market and square in karkan, but it's well wihin comfortable sniperange. Was a medic in prone on market roof, facing a sniper at square roof. Really interesting fight since he was just out of my range with the L85A1 and he keept taking cover between shots.

Anyways i took about 10 shots from the m95 before i managed to kill him. Luckily i had a healthy ammount of med pac's in a cluster where i was in prone fiering back.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6749|Vienna- Austria
yeah when lying on the ground he heals himslef instantly.. but still 15 shots on karkand  between square and market.. thats sounds radicilous, well i actually SUCK with the m95.. really i do.. prefer the m-24 1-2 shots and every infantrist is down.

and it took me also somekinda 5 shots sometimes with the m95...
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6772|Trondheim, Norway
He was most likely new to the sniper role thats for sure. A seasoned sniper would have made kebabs of me by the time i could say "spesial sauce" I know i would if the tables where turned. But i dont snipe on Tara, leve that to Alphabreed.

Yeah i have 4 different toon's *blush*
Sturmvogel
+1|6781

Tyshalle83 wrote:

I am by no means a spectacular sniper. However, I do greatly enjoy the art of sniping, and do find that I have a particular knack for it, even if my aim isn't perfect. I tend to find decent perches to set up shop, and when I can't snipe someone I just spot, like if they're in tanks and stuff.

Generally I can kill someone in about 3-5 hits tops. I've had plenty of two shot kills, and some one-shot kills as well, but in general I find that I'll miss them once or twice, sometimes three times. Generally I stick right around the 3 shot range.

Last night, I had to have fired at this guy like 19 fucking times, and he didn't die.

I had just shot someone who was further away than he was, so I don't think it was my graphics, but for the sake of discussion, all my graphics options were turned down to their lowests, except for how far I can see, that was turned all the way up.

This guy was probably 75 meters away from me, and in general he was just standing around.

I was shooting at him from an elevated position though. I was at the top of a crane while he was about 40 meters away from it, but he was just standing there. Well, sitting there. He was in an AA turret. I lined up the head shot though, fucking fired, and he didn't move. I fired again, this time aiming for his midsection, since I figured that'd be more accurate. At that point the AA turret started spinning around frantically, I think I hit him and he wanted to blast me with a rocket or something. He gets out of the turret and starts running for about 10 meters, then stops, and looks around. I fire at him again. And again. And again. He finally takes off running for cover, and at this point I'm just completely stunned that the bastard is still alive. He pokes his head out from his cover, and I fire again. He jumps back, comes back out a few seconds later, this time prone. I fire at his back, nothing happens. Fire again, and he starts crawling backward back behind his cover. Then he takes off running behind the cover of the dam, and I fire at him like 3 times while he's running. He pokes out, I fire again. He runs away, but when he stops, despite the fact that he's in the dam, a big chunk of the wall is torn away and I can see right through it, and can see him. So I fire again, and again, and again.

The fucker didn't die.

This has never happened to me before. I was wiggin' out over it. I just can't imagine that I missed him with four full clips of ammunition. So what's the deal? Could it have been my graphics glitching for being so low? Maybe a connection problem?

Is it possible there's some kind of invincibility hack out there (though I doubt it)?

20 Hous of play and 4 gold medals + .6 K/D ratio = You suck.
unforgiven5150
+0|6785|Phoenix, AZ
I find it very hard to snipe someone when they are in a permanent emplacement. Don't know what it is, but I will get their head, directly in my crosshairs and it seems to bounce off the emplacement.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6745
Well I met someone to stayed alive after exploding C4 right by his foot. Don't tell me I missed because he went flying up high in the air and opened the parachute and landed safely, wtf?
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6746|England
lol!
Jodah3
+1|6744

Sturmvogel wrote:

I had actually planned on defending the OP against this statement, but after I read it again, I realized he asked for this answer... twice..
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6813

Sturmvogel wrote:

Tyshalle83 wrote:

He doesn't suck, he just isn't a karkand 24/7 whore...
Galen1066
+1|6765|Colo. Springs
Tyshalle83,
Sounds to me like a hack, and I have heard there is an invincibility hack out there somewhere.
But like was said if after 1-3 shots, go for the head-shot = Kill.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6768

Sturmvogel wrote:

Ouch, burnnnnn...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard