Sheep of War
+40|6613
*update*

JULY 3rd 2:48 am (EST)

-If you messaged me, and I did not get a chance to get back to you, do not worry, its been noted who responed. ( I have to sleep somtimes, too)

- More on the practice/scrimmage, which will be either JULY 8th or JULY 9th (Next weekend)....

- Although the official date and time hasn't been set in stone yet, there are a few notes as to what will be happening there.

-  The first two games will be everyone that hasn't been pre-selected on the medic side, the preselected will be snipers.

-  The highest score from your best round will determine who fills up the remaining slots.

- Its not required for the pre selected to be there (due mainly to the fact that we have more than 1 full servers worth of people that signed up.) However, if you signed up, haven't been pre-selected, and still want to be in the game, you need to be there to get a good score.

- After everyone is picked, we will then spend somtime picking squads and going over tatics. This has to be taken care of then rather than now because I'm pretty busy at the moment reading stats, and I'll be on and off xfire.

Once again any questions, concerns, or comments either on this thread/ my Xfire/ my BF2s PM. We have some good enthusiasm, so keep it up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Orginal post*

JULY 2nd, 3pm (EST)
Ok I'm going to try to make this as clear as possible for all of the medics that signed up for the medic/sniper match.

-There will be an OFFICIAL Medic scrimage, next weekend, either July 8th or 9th. I will edit this part of the thread when the date and time are set in stone.

-The official date and time of the match are as follows:

July 15th, 2006
1900 GMT for those who don't know how to calculate local time from GMT:
UK & Ireland 2000 BST
Most of Europe 2100 CEST
California 1200 PDT (noon)
Colorado 1300 MDT
Texas 1400 CDT
New York 1500 EDT

- The first thing I need to know from those who signed up is if you definatly CANNOT make it.

- The second thing I need to know is the people that don't know if they can or cannot make it.

- Everyone that can make it, just hang tight. No need to get flooded with craziness.

- There will be players selected right off the bat that are considered VIP players for the game. I will go through the list and select those players, followed by an Xfire message to confirm their participation. The number of VIPs is yet to be decided.

- I am sorry it this doesn't seem like the best way to do it, but it must be understood that this has all come about quite abruptly. Since most of us don't know each other, and probably have not played with or against one another, it could prove to be quite time consuming to handle it differently. (It would definatly be a good idea to stay in contact with me via Xfire.)

- The remaining slots will be filled at the scrimmage by performance. Everyone else will be alternates.

- Chances are that some alternates will be needed! So, hopefully we have some dependable ones.

If you have any suggestions or concerns, there are two ways to address them. Either on this thread or my Xfire. Suggestions are always welcome as well. Thanks.

All of the information was taken from here :

http://duffry.com/dmz/events/m_vs_s/index2.php

Show your thanks to duffry for organizing this new, different, and possibly great idea by + karma. I'm sure he won't complain about moeny either (try not to flood him with messages, though.). The percentages at the bottom of the page show that the projected outcome of this match is a near split. Pretty good stuff.

This is all I can think of for now.

Last edited by 908741059871059781 (2006-07-03 05:36:01)

Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
Ok good idea. All medics listen to this guy he will make our lives easier
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
+1 for you 'cos you made a good topic
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6725|United States of America
Ready, and waiting.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6550|England
same i can make either night if needed
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6544
I can make it, it's gunna be fun. <VBSEG>
sgt.napalmcb
C4 CRAZY!
+73|6618|United Kingdom
yeh i can make it too
Mustang99
+9|6494
my schedual is free as far as i know BUT it is my last sat in Germany so thing may change but as far as i know now im in
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6616
i like to medic medic, i like medic medic i like to...MEDIC
Entertayner
+826|6540

Meh, you did this better than I did
Zulu_Soldier
+15|6480
Its becuase hes a medic.
Entertayner
+826|6540

Oooooh fighting talk
Sheep of War
+40|6613
Good job with the responses...don't worry about any distractions. We're going to take care of that when the time comes. Keep 'em coming as far as who can make it and who cannot.

Last edited by 908741059871059781 (2006-07-02 13:18:45)

Zulu_Soldier
+15|6480
I can make it numbers, to the slaughter and any practices.
levesly
+1|6506|UK, Derbyshire
Ive signed up. And can make it should I be selected.
I signed up and can make it. I'll PM you if something comes up.
r00ts
xD
+81|6512|Netherlands
im all available as far as i know
hope i can play i wanna beat those pesky snipers!

Last edited by r00ts (2006-07-02 13:40:54)

Sheep of War
+40|6613
Sorry if I didn't get back to you right away, I had to sleep there for a while. Anyways, good responses But, if I didn't get a chance to get back to you right away, don't worry. An add on Xfire, and/or the messages left are all noted.  I'm not going to have the inital selected one until tomorrow night or tuesday morning.
Defiance
+438|6641

My schedules open but my ping is going to be a bitch so sorry, I guess I'm out.
Sheep of War
+40|6613

Defiance wrote:

I'm pretty sure its going to be on a british server. Mine was around 150 today on a German server. Obviously, the server can't be in the perfect spot for everyone.

But, if you want to play on some British servers to let me know what the actual number would be around, if its decent then obviously its not a problem

Last edited by 908741059871059781 (2006-07-03 00:19:32)

TehMyke
D:
+343|6679

908741059871059781 wrote:

- There will be players selected right off the bat that are considered VIP players for the game. I will go through the list and select those players, followed by an Xfire message to confirm their participation. The number of VIPs is yet to be decided.
<insert image of my big epenis here>
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6809|Cheshire, UK

Defiance wrote:

I'm pretty sure its going to be on a british server. Mine was around 150 today on a German server. Obviously, the server can't be in the perfect spot for everyone.

But, if you want to play on some British servers to let me know what the actual number would be around, let me know if it turns out to be decent.
It's most likely  going to be hosted on one of our unranked servers.
If you test pings on the War Room or Co-Op server you will be playing on the proposed machine.
All server details in the panel on the right.

I would love to have a mid Atlantic server but it's dead hard to find a host.

If ping becomes a big issue for the State-side players we will look to hold the next one in the US.

TehMyke wrote:

<insert image of my big epenis here>
Don't you already have that in your sig?

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-03 00:20:15)

Defiance
+438|6641

Defiance wrote:

But, if you want to play on some British servers to let me know what the actual number would be around, if its decent then obviously its not a problem
I'm in the US.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6740|New York
Medics FTW.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Papa Smurf 314 wrote:

Medics FTW.
Ok noted.

Board footer