Kniero
Banned
+1|6716|AZ

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Kniero wrote:

Man...not to be the madly enraged citizen trying to make some sort of arrest...but isn't this thread about identifying potential candidates for this upcoming contest that is going to be held for this here BF2S community? I mean, isn't it kind of ironic that chuy is trying to offer even more assistance to the visitors of this website and then (to no surprise) some of them simply turn around and totally ignore the fact that this thread was made in order to find a fit challenge for the distribution of essentially free prizes?
What the HELL are you talking about? Sit down and shut up before you get pistol whipped.
Trigger, there is little need for the attitude towards me. You must start understanding true practicality for what it is. My post has, by far, been the most constructive (next to Robin Hood's), even moreso when keeping the actual point of this thread in mind. Sit down and shut up before I get pistol whipped? What the hell is that bullshit supposed to mean? Did you also somehow miss the idiots who rambling about completely nothing, whose posts were conveniently located directly above mine for immediate, effortless reference? Had you done your job and removed their posts from this thread, I probably wouldn't have been making my rant.

And to heart attack, before you go running your mouth about what you THINK has gone on, why dont you actually READ THE ENTIRE THREAD before assuming stupid crap? I've posted more thoughtful and practical replys today than you have in your entire life while at these forums. Do you even realize that there are more words in others' posts than those found in the initial sentence? Based on your response to what you've quoted, you apparently haven't read anything after the first sentence. Despite that, you have also made it just so clear how lacking your logic skills really are. You somehow miss the unceasing babble between those discussing totally random things?

To chuy, I truly hope you give Robin Hood's idea a first, second, and thorough third look, especially making sure that you don't forget to review the support I've offered in accordance with the Robin's points, too.

Your truly,
Kniero

Last edited by Kniero (2005-11-14 20:51:07)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra

Kniero wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Kniero wrote:

Man...not to be the madly enraged citizen trying to make some sort of arrest...but isn't this thread about identifying potential candidates for this upcoming contest that is going to be held for this here BF2S community? I mean, isn't it kind of ironic that chuy is trying to offer even more assistance to the visitors of this website and then (to no surprise) some of them simply turn around and totally ignore the fact that this thread was made in order to find a fit challenge for the distribution of essentially free prizes?
What the HELL are you talking about? Sit down and shut up before you get pistol whipped.
Trigger, there is little need for the attitude towards me. You must start understanding true practicality for what it is. My post has, by far, been the most constructive (next to Robin Hood's), even moreso when keeping the actual point of this thread in mind. Sit down and shut up before I get pistol whipped? What the hell is that bullshit supposed to mean? Did you also somehow miss the idiots who rambling about completely nothing, whose posts were conveniently located directly above mine for immediate, effortless reference? Had you done your job and removed their posts from this thread, I probably wouldn't have been making my rant.

And to heart attack, before you go running your mouth about what you THINK has gone on, why dont you actually READ THE ENTIRE THREAD before assuming stupid crap? I've posted more thoughtful and practical replys today than you have in your entire life while at these forums. Do you even realize that there are more words in others' posts than those found in the initial sentence? Based on your response to what you've quoted, you apparently haven't read anything after the first sentence. Despite that, you have also made it just so clear how lacking your logic skills really are. You somehow miss the unceasing babble between those discussing totally random things?

To chuy, I truly hope you give Robin Hood's idea a first, second, and thorough third look, especially making sure that you don't forget to review the support I've offered in accordance with the Robin's points, too.

Your truly,
Kniero
ok we all get it you like robin hoods idea, and we also realise that your post is the best one on here so please stop telling us how good it is and how smart you are, and please dont accuse other people of writting babble when most other people have stuck to the topic with they're posts! , its a forum.....do you know the meaning of the word forum?
because i can tell you it doesnt mean to shoot down any post that you dont like or dont agree with......please end your craziness now!
Kniero
Banned
+1|6716|AZ
LOL, I'm not shooting down "any post I don't agree with." Moreover, what does it even matter if I do "shoot down" disagreeable ideas? More power to me. Do you not know the meaning of the forum, because simply describing what a forum is not, isn't describing what it is. Forums are designated centers for those with similar hobbies where discussion is meant to be aroused amidst a wide array of topics. Should you actually read the posts some people had put into this thread, maybe you'd understand the labeling of "babble". Simply responding to me in your sarcastic tone does little to add credibility to your comprehension of the circumstance.

Kniero
THA
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
a forum is the name of a town square in roman citys  where they held judicial activitys and discussed public buissnes.
MattCicioni
+1|6799|Arizona

Kniero wrote:

The supposed screenshot contest submissions would be thoroughly pointless and useless to the community. Read my post in the lower section of page three to better understand why the alternative is more suitable.
I agree with you that this website is a tool, or assistance to those who play Battlefield 2, but it is much more than that.  It's a community of players that care share thoughts, ideas and humor with each other.  Having a contest  with screenshots may not be "helpful" in a gaming sense, but I disagree that it has to be.  This site is also about FUN!!  Which is really what the game is about.  And if you're not having fun playing the game, then I ask why are you playing it? 

A screen shot contest would be fun, nothing more.  Might give us all a good laugh.  If you read through this forum there are many topics and postings that, while not specifically helping the player, are more fun to read.  I think anyone would embrace a good or funny screenshot.  I mean, we all like to laugh, don't we?  So I have to disagree with you that a screenshot contest is useless.  Humor is never useless.

Last edited by MattCicioni (2005-11-14 21:19:30)

MattCicioni
+1|6799|Arizona

the_heart_attack wrote:

a forum is the name of a town square in roman citys  where they held judicial activitys and discussed public buissnes.
LOL, did you go to dictionary.com, their definition is very similar to that....
MattCicioni
+1|6799|Arizona

Kniero wrote:

LOL, I'm not shooting down "any post I don't agree with." Moreover, what does it even matter if I do "shoot down" disagreeable ideas? More power to me. Do you not know the meaning of the forum, because simply describing what a forum is not, isn't describing what it is. Forums are designated centers for those with similar hobbies where discussion is meant to be aroused amidst a wide array of topics. Should you actually read the posts some people had put into this thread, maybe you'd understand the labeling of "babble". Simply responding to me in your sarcastic tone does little to add credibility to your comprehension of the circumstance.

Kniero
What part of AZ are you from?
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6715|I'm worldwide, beotch
Ok, so what does any of this have to do with HOW THE COPIES OF THE GAME ARE BEING GIVEN OUT?
THA
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra

MattCicioni wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

LOL, did you go to dictionary.com, their definition is very similar to that....
well that just shows im right doesnt it did a project on it about 12 years ago in yr 8
Hakiki
+0|6731
how about making a "rambo-moments caught on film"-contest?
would be fun for the jury and later on community to watch, and ofcourse is quite hard at times...
and also a free copy of SF to the best contest-idea (which without a doubt is this one
-=Scott=-
+2|6804|San Diego, CA
Well if you do happen to do some sort of screenshot contest xfire has a nice new feature for screenshots. Press scroll lock + S and it captures it. Then when you get out of game it asks which ones to upload to your profile and what caption. From what I understand you can't upload pictures already taken. They have to be taken from xfire. So this would prevent people from stealing screenshots from other forums, sites, etc.

More info - http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?nam … mp;t=40395
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
Well after reading every single post in this thread and not discounting that yes I would love to have a free copy too I think the best suggestions so far are:

* Giving a gift to the biggest supporters of BF2S.com according to vote by Chuy and all Mods internally.
* Screenshot and nice caption for entertainment.
* Storyboard format using screen shots. Could be serious or comedic
* Dress up and show your support for SF

However let me add my own suggestion.

* Photo contest to show your support for BF2S.com

Sites have done this in the past with some rather cool results. For example, thespark.com had a contest for it's members to come up with pictures that supported thespark.com. There were a great many pictures sent in. Some were of scenes with thespark.com in it, some were worn on clothing, some posed and some just down right sexy. Here are two examples: (at least the ones I saved )

Sexy gun girl with the website painted on her shirt for thespark.com Sexy Gun Girl Image Here

Girl immitating the girl from American Beauty with the rose petals American Beauty Image Here

I think I would like to see this. Not limiting people dressing up or down in SF fashion but letting people do just about anything and show anything for their support of BF2S.com   I would suggest putting a large disclaimer saying that BF2S.com is not responsible for anyone breaking any laws and that any picture submited is responsibility of the owner. Also since these need to be shipped out, real name and email contact at very least should be required. Of course the pictures would be posted and the finalists and then the winner. As always Chuy reserves the right to not post any pictures he may deem inappropriate for public viewing. *smirk*

Added: Also imageshack can host pictures if need be for those that don't have webspace to host their pictures for submission. Also I would suggest that each member can only submit "one" photo for the contest so make it a good one. Also submissions would be given to Chuy or designated submission area privately. This way they can be a cool surprise event when posted for all members to see.

Anyways that's my idea.
And may the best man or woman win.

Cheers.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-11-15 00:21:44)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Kniero
Banned
+1|6716|AZ
Okay, I'm kind of confused as to how nobody ever revisits even the words remotely reminiscient of "practical map/vehicle guides". Did you all seriously, somehow skip page three? Matt, the reason I despise the notion that this contest be held on the grounds of some silly screenshot parameter is that this website's main purpose is to aid others whose hobby is playing (and analyzing) Battlefield 2. Were a contest like the aforementioned map/vehicle guide to take place, there would definitely be a fairly large motivating factor, that of which would ultimately lead to a larger database for all of us to fall back on when in times of lacking resource. Seriously, I'm confused as to why you all are so fascinated with someone's rendition of one "screenshot" or another when the only attraction is a miniscule sensation of humor, as opposed to the construction of numerous, comprehensive, meticulous guides, where the attraction is logical use and application, all available to function throughout the present and onwards.

YOuuUr5 Trr0oo0LeE3ee,
Kniero
vedds
+52|6725|Christchurch New Zealand

Kniero wrote:

Seriously, I'm confused as to why you all are so fascinated with someone's rendition of one "screenshot" or another when the only attraction is a miniscule sensation of humor, as opposed to the construction of numerous, comprehensive, meticulous guides, where the attraction is logical use and application, all available to function throughout the present and onwards.
Simple, They are cool.

Amazing as it may seem when you consider how much of peoples lives this "Game" eats up, I think the majority of us just play because its fun.

Maybe that reflects in the reason people like the idea of lots and lots of funnys

Chur

Vedds
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6812|Cologne, Germany

I like kilroy's idea.

I also think that if chuy should choose to hold a contest of some sort ( instead of rolling the dice and picking lucky winners through a lottery ) the best solution would probably be to make a combination of different contests ( as, I believe Robin Hood has suggested ), so that no one has major disadvantages.

for example:
4 copies for a screenshot contest
3 copies for a poem contest
3 copies for a picture supporting bf2s.com contest ( as kilroy has suggested )

and for those of you who cannot make screenshots, don't own a camera and have no poetic talent....

WHO ARE YOU ???

whatever decision chuy makes in the end, I think it's great he is sharing so much with the community. he pwns...

kudos to him.

@Kniero: Personally, I like the idea of a practical vehicle guide for BF2 ( I have started to make one myself ) but I don't think a contest could be pulled off in 10 days, as the material is rather complex. The expansion is coming out on Nov. 24th ( in germany, that is.. ). We should do s.th. that ensures that we can get it all done ( starting a contest, picking a winner, sending out copies ) in no more than two weeks. Just my 2c, of course..

rgds,
B.

Last edited by B.Schuss (2005-11-15 01:59:05)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
I've just had a horrible thought! What if the actual competition is a lottery between BF2s members that DON'T post a reply in this thread!

Fry take!!

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2005-11-15 02:36:19)

THA
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
a radio station here in aus has a comp who can get there logo out to as many people as possible, one guy was seen on the olympic swimming telecast with the drum logo, i think he won as its seen by millions of people.

so maybe somthing like that might be cool but with bf2s.com
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX

Kniero wrote:

Okay, I'm kind of confused as to how nobody ever revisits even the words remotely reminiscient of "practical map/vehicle guides". Did you all seriously, somehow skip page three? Matt, the reason I despise the notion that this contest be held on the grounds of some silly screenshot parameter is that this website's main purpose is to aid others whose hobby is playing (and analyzing) Battlefield 2. Were a contest like the aforementioned map/vehicle guide to take place, there would definitely be a fairly large motivating factor, that of which would ultimately lead to a larger database for all of us to fall back on when in times of lacking resource. Seriously, I'm confused as to why you all are so fascinated with someone's rendition of one "screenshot" or another when the only attraction is a miniscule sensation of humor, as opposed to the construction of numerous, comprehensive, meticulous guides, where the attraction is logical use and application, all available to function throughout the present and onwards.

YOuuUr5 Trr0oo0LeE3ee,
Kniero
Actually while I am all for a map/vehicle guide there are few things that prevent a good one from being done.

Although a map guide is fairly easy and I've seen a few out there already, to really make it special we would have to go rather indepth into each flag defensive area for a 16/32/64 map. Over time this could be done and I look forward to it. My intial idea on that would be a series of screen shots with x3 Commander zoom and then piecing together the pictures to show the complete flag area. If I knew java I would say make each flag point on the map actually be a link which takes you to the detailed flag area picture. This would all take quite a bit of work and photoshopping not to mention javascripting and webcoding.

Example of map sites:
http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/game/maps/
http://www.totalbf2.com/game/maps/

However for vehicles as you can see when you look at any of the unlock weapons, they have stats. These stats are listed and can be researched. Besides the name of the vehicle, a picture of the vehicle and stating the weapons that each has, there are no published stats on them. No speed, rate of climb, rate of acceleration, total armor points, vehicle weapon damg. etc. stats.  So unless we can read the code and magically find out all this info, we would be limited to a rather nice photo gallery of vehicles. While this is cool in itself it doesn't really help us the players. BTW a vehicle section is already included in some other sites.

Example of vehicle site:
http://www.totalbf2.com/game/vehicles/
(note: I remember seeing a better one on a clan website but I can't find it now for some reason.)

So, while I would love to see some kind of map/vehicle UBAR type page, I would also like to see some kind of fun and entertaining contest in which people have fun and show just how fun BF2 and the BF2S community really is. Levity is better I think than making a contest out of work. Don't worry, we all love the game and I'm certain one of us will take the time to do a Map or Vehicle guide or at least start it off. It will happen, just a matter of time.

Cheers.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-11-15 02:17:57)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
kn0ckahh
+98|6709|netherlands, sweet lake city
how about the first one who had all the medals in bf 2        woww thats a lot  to do    but im gonna trie see you in 10 years
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6767|Barrington, RI

kn0ckahh wrote:

how about the first one who had all the medals in bf 2        woww thats a lot  to do    but im gonna trie see you in 10 years
sure give Raxor a free ride.

Last edited by sewermasta324 (2005-11-15 05:24:23)

kn0ckahh
+98|6709|netherlands, sweet lake city
if its about screenshot how about this one
https://img273.imageshack.us/img273/5571/beertjes5tn.th.jpg
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6791|Belgium

Hey guys, come on...
The initiative here was to produce some ideas for having a contest, not discussing each others suggestions, start a bloody flame the world or start posting pictures ad libitum...
B's got some great ones, although I still believe that a strategic/vehicle/map guide contest is useful... But being quick about it is a valid remark.

Cheers,
R

PS.: Of course it can also be a contest of producing the most useful remarks here… hehehe me want some of the goodies to…
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6812|Missoula, MT
That's hilarious kn0ckahh! 

How about giving a copy to whoever can find Agent ()r@ng3?

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-11-15 05:44:49)

Lord_Arkhan
+0|6749
I have an Video from my Clan --> http://www.bf2-nss.de/content/download/bf2-nss.wmv <-- it is a Windows Media Video play this with the Windows Media Player.

Screenshots please -->
https://www.bf2-nss.de/images/galerie/pics/17/baba.jpg
https://www.bf2-nss.de/images/galerie/pics/12/fly.jpg
https://www.bf2-nss.de/images/galerie/pics/19/screen002.jpg
https://www.bf2-nss.de/image/screen029.jpg

Pictures from the last LAN -->
https://www.bf2-nss.de/images/galerie/pics/20/hund.jpg
https://www.bf2-nss.de/images/galerie/pics/20/huch.jpg

[NSS] Shooting Girl
https://www.bf2-nss.de/images/galerie/pics/20/10.jpg

[NSS] Shooting Baby
https://www.bf2-nss.de/images/galerie/pics/20/kind.jpg

Yes i want to win a Copy from BF2-SF.

Last edited by Lord_Arkhan (2005-11-15 06:13:12)

Lord_Arkhan
+0|6749
Sorry but my English is not so good, i cant understand you.

Hilfe ich brauch ein Übersetzer und zwar einen guten.

Last edited by Lord_Arkhan (2005-11-15 06:42:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard