FourStars
+1|6745|Australia
must be all those sheep
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6745
25x8 damage with a 11-87 says it all.  I am pretty high ranked with a shotgun, and a shotgun is REALLY deadly on urban maps..
Sturmvogel
+1|6782

nzjafa wrote:

haha, first vet badge i got was pistol.
its my second most used weapon, and second in kills too.
i dunno, maybe it is a kiwi thing lol
Are you not trying to get a gold medal? 40 hours and not even one gold medal is just sad.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6780|Golden, CO
Hey, I milked one APC for a half-hour just by not sticking around for that second AT missle and patching up before going back in.  And the Jackhammer is awesome at close range, as long as you don't run out of ammo.

The best reason to be an Engineer is, strangely enough, to repair things.  Even though you probably won't get a ton of points repairing stuff, your team will be better off.  Some teammate ditch his almost dead APC for the newly spawned one?  As an engy, you can fix up the dead one and now you have 2 APCs ready to roll, and now the kills can roll in!  Or if you're trying to cap a CP and the tank with your squad is taking damage, just pop behind him and patch him up so he can keep on dishing pain.  After all, having the tank there makes it much easier for your team to get the flag.

I love playing engineer.
eatmywheaties
+2|6764
Some things I like to do as an eng:

-Pretend to be a spec ops.  What I mean by this is, sneak around to their base.  Don't steal the tank, but better yet, carefully plant 2 AT mines directly touching the front rollers of the tank.  Usually the person just jumps in and takes off, happy that they actually got a tank to themselves, and blam.  rinse and repeat.

-Use shrubbery and dark colored dirt to your advantage.  Don't place a mine on yellow sand and expect it to not be seen.  Water is a great place too, ahem songhua.  Dragon valley has that nice little brook to put mines in b/c that's usually the first place the enemy invades in an apc or tank thinking they are safe.  dead wrong.

-Think like a commander.  Assuming the other team is pistol whipping, your side they must be following direct commanding orders and playing well in squads.  Anticipate where the commander is going to attack next by taking a quick overlook at the maps and choke points.  Which flag cap would make that team feel very comfortable?  Stay close to it and monitor from a distance so you can hide the mines and watch the show.  This will help in eliminating those AT mine tk's.

-Use the shotty as though you're trying to get your knife badge.  Sneak around everywhere you go.  Little to no armor makes this almost imperative unless you want alot of deaths every round.  Listen to your commander and carefully picture the map in your head where the person is on the radar so you can come up from behind.  It makes that one shot from the bad little shotty that much easier.  Quick and easy.  Nobody said this wasn't a dirty job.

-When in the m12a gun on armor and it needs repair, hop out and crawl directly underneath it to repair.  It makes you much less likely to get sniped out or even noticed in the process.  The other team will think that they are wearing down the armor when it's still at full strength.  Only requirement is to have good communication and trust with the tank driver.  It's quick to jump back in and duck inside. 

I'll post up some more stuff if I think of it.  I'm sure there is.  Take this stuff for what it's worth.

-Alex
ospi
+0|6783|Finland, Espoo
Only because I'm an engineer irl

No seriously, keeping the friendly assets and vehicles intact is important. Even in the most fierce firefight the second I see friendly artillery blown to bits : I switch to wrench, leave my foes in their potholes, find a transport (not getting paid enough to walk=) and go for repairs!

Same goes for the UAV and radar, w/ blind commander the team will shortly become disorganized.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard