redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6774

Horseman 77 wrote:

Sorry I lost you, I assumed I had a more literary Audience.
I read that to mean you were calling him illiterate, perhaps dshak and I both misread that one?

In defense of dshak, he's a coach who gets free tuition at ?? (what school are you at if you dont mind my asking dshak?), and uses the opportunity to continue learning, something very few people have the chance to do, and even fewer actually pursue.

Im a college student and do a lot of work from computer and im ADD, (lol, j/k) so I'll program or solve some homework problems and then get on here and write for a bit and then go back, only taking 14 hours this semester so I have more free time than usual

also, I wanted to tell you horseman, I think you are trying to make some good points, but you arent elaborating enough on the right parts, I struggle with this alot myself, but 3 years of debate helped to stop some of it, try going back and reading over a post and set yourself fromt he persepective of someone who has never read on the topic before, it will help to make your arguements much more clear

Last edited by redfoxster (2005-11-14 10:47:12)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
I am 40 have been retired the last 11 years I just paint sculpt ski Ride and watch people fall of horses.

" Get up, your are embarrising me "

I lost three people in 911 not to mention all the Fire fighters I worked with when I was with the Phone company. fire fighters are allways Rescuing some fat fuk like me from a fire they started to begin with. I allways ment to bring them a case of Corana, miller and heinaken ( as tastes Vary ) every time I saw a Rescue like that. To late now. NYC Fire houses Are Worse than NYC prcnt houses. absuloute slums
NYC spends NO money on them. i used to do an Extra good job for them when I was There. Id tune up there shity old PCs too.
redfoxster
+3|6774
much <3 for FDNY and NYPD, and all firefighters in general
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
dshak please fill this poor kid in

CANADIAN_rocker wrote:

My uncle, dad, and granda are all fighter pilots for Canada and yes pilots are vary smart and i will be one when im older. And jets is my favorette thing on earth and i can name almost every jet in the US, Canada, Russia, Japan ect. You have to try hard and be mentaly and phisicaly smart. I think you must have good grades and go2 Univercity.
He will feel so lonely learning to fly with Ex frie machine operators and such.
dshak
+4|6815
Thw univeristy is Wright State University located in Dayton Ohio, I am an assitant men's soccer coach there.... but alas, now I have given away my secret identity.

also, Horesman you really completely miss the point whenever you try to counter hard evidence I've presented, but I agree your posting of the opinion of a young man who comes from a family of pilots definitely counters the technical description I gave of what essentially is an aircraft that flies itself.

ha
theoflow
+1|6759
Hmm...where to freakin start.  First off, i would have to say i'm anti-bush, but i am a teacher and i do moderate debates between people well, since my social studies classroom is ALWAYS eventually debates about this.  So don't think of me as a wild eyed liberal or anything.

The biggest thing that annoys me about President Bush is that he lacks the properties of a good Presidents; grammer and speech being one of the biggest one.  Although grammer is not a reflection of intellegence, if you consistantly make errors like that, your communiaction skills are poor.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE.  i have so many lawyer friends that correct my speech that it is frankly somewhat annoying, and this guy is suppossed to write laws for us?  Uhh...i think not.

2000 Election, conspiracy theories aside, if the minority of people voted for someone and they are elected to office, they don't belong to be there.  Yes, it wasn't necessarily his fault, because the elctoral college is in place, BUT you would think a president would like to fix soemthing wrong with their country.  Its like in sports, if you win by a batched call, you usually admit to it in the end in good gamesmanship.  Ohh and by the way, to try and correct everybody for the LAST FREAKING TIME...WE LIVE IN A REPUBLIC, NOT A DEMOCRACY.  ITS IN THE FREAKIN PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE FOR CHRIST SAKES!

"...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands..."

LoL

ok, with that out of the way, some other gripes.  I don't like hands off Presidents.  i think if you are elected to office, you know what your doing so you can tackle the job head on.  Beign President is still a job, and it should be difficult and not something you should just breeze through.  True, as president you can't possibly do everything, but that doesn't mean when u hand off things to others u can 'deniablity' of when things go wrong (ie Hurricane Katrina).  Sure you might not have messed up, but because we elected you (obviously i didn't vote for him, but WE did) and you picked those people, then it is your mess.  You can't blame other people as scapegoats.

Actually i'm pretty much gonna end this here.  There is 2 much to list without going on forever, but the next thing would have been religion and i really don't want to get into that. 

But i would like to end this with the point that Americans are jsut damned lazy.  Really we all are.  Yes, people work hard for money and whatnot, but if you are in a republic, the government is meant to serve the people, and if the concentration of goals is on money, then the government will fail, because profit and government do not mix well to a point.  The problems with the civil war are coming back to haunt us.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.
First off, I think most politicians are liars; that's what makes them good politicians (also probably why a lot of them are/were lawyers ).
I would have loved to have seen McCain win the Republican Primary; if he would have won, I would have definitely voted for him.  As it was, I voted Libertarian.  Living in GA, it didn't really matter; I knew Bush would win my state.  Plus, I didn't really see anything about Bush or Gore that made me like them.
However, saying Bush didn't win the election is BS.  Under our system, he got the most Electoral votes, which makes him the President.  If you don't like the system, get it changed.
I agree with Bush's reasoning for going into Iraq.  Sadaam had continually thumbed his nose at the UN over the weapons inspections, but the UN was to pussy to admit what had to be done.  How many resolutions have to be passed before you take action?  Plus, after the Oil for Food scandal, you start to see why some countries voted against going to war with Iraq.
Based on the evidence we had, everyone thought Iraq had WMD.  That appears to not be correct intelligence, but you can't fault Bush for that.  To try to say Bush lied is BS.
In the second election, I voted for Bush.  I just couldn't trust Kerry not to pull out of Iraq before the job was done.  If we left Iraq before things were stabilized, it would turn into a hornet's nest.
There are a few things I disagree with Bush on.  I don't agree with his stance on Stem Cell research, for one.
Well, I've done enough thinking for now...
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
A Brief History of the Convair F-106 Delta Dart a 102a pilot writes  "I put in 24 years in the AF, 23 flying, 3300 hours flying the F-102a and numerous assignments at NORAD/ADC/ADTAC dealing with the F-106 and its employment. The descriptive words in the article on the F-106 sounds like it was written by Hughes Aircraft in selling the airplane....The MA-1 NEVER had full control of the aircraft, which capability so many publications erroneously extol. The MA-1, using its data link target information or command information, would provide directives for altitude, airspeed, xyz coordinates and command directions, which would be flown by the autopilot, however, the MA-1 NEVER regulated the throttle at any time, for forward and aft movement, thus the MA-1 could never really fully control the airplane except to provide requested directions that required coupling and thrust selection by the pilot.  The pilot HAD to take it off, climb, descend, and land the aircraft, every time!..

The challenge was to get the landings to equal the number of takeoffs! 

Ahem... Cough Cough.

The F-106 proved its ultimate performance capabilities in providing aggressor "enemy" delta-wing familiarization training to the Navy's best pilots during the time they were implementing TOP GUN. The Navy jocks learned valuable lessons  that the Delta winged 106 was almost unconquerable in the dogfight arena, with guns in the air-to-air environment, which you read so little about in the Navy publications.  Wing loading of 43 lbs/sq ft and a .8 -1 TWT put it in a class of its own against the A4s, F-104s, F4B,C,D, F-105, F-100, F8 fighters of its time.....not to mention the many many '14s and '15s that blew engines in attempting to fight when it took them above 40,000 feet,  to a guns-only environment.  Good thing they finally fixed those great fighters to handle the altitudes the 106s formerly ruled. Sorre I couldnt copy the link better

http://webs.lanset.com/aeolusaero/Artic … istory.htm
dshak
+4|6815
wait... so you're saying someone who flew the plane won't admit that it was an easy operator... man, I'm staggered. The descriptive words in the article weren't written by Hughes Aircraft selling the airplane, they were written by THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE.

The pilot had to take it off, climb, descend,a nd land the airplane everytime... wow, thats some list there.

Look, you're still pinning your only argument on this on his ability to fly an aircraft that is most well known for its advanced autopilot features, bottom line is you have to do better. You haven't even made one comment about his record as a CEO? why don't you do a little research on that and get back to me.
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University
Wow, I neglect this thread for a weekend and come back to be educated on aircraft, thanks for  the info.

I started a new Topic on N. Korea, stop by sometime.
redfoxster
+3|6774

pfcilng wrote:

Wow, I neglect this thread for a weekend and come back to be educated on aircraft, thanks for  the info.

Thank God, Ill be over there if anyone wants to find me.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
record as a CEO? Easy He is doing Everything that should have Happend Imediatly after WTC 93

Next.
dshak
+4|6815
uh, no next. you didn't answer the question at all. I was refering to his failed attempt at running an oil company. miserably failed I might add. stop dodging questions and answer them. actually, nevermind, dodge away. I'm officially retiring from this thread.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
the Fact is You Ignore Qualified opinions from Professionals working in the field of topic if its something you don't agree with.

Many people fail be fore achieving success Read about Thomas Edison or Eddie Rickenbacker, Goddard, Pasteur, Wilbur and Orville Wright for Christ sakes

I Cant Believe I actually have to type this.
Perseverance Is what you need Bush must have it didn't stop him

Maybe literacy was the issue.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
he failed in an attempt at running an oil company. oh well thats just cut and Dry .. he he
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
Here is a nice political satire picture for what I think of George Bush and the Middle East.

https://ops.tamu.edu/kilroy/BF2S/MidEastPlan.jpg
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
What would you do in the Middle East? Israel will not go Away.

Do you think Ignoring Attacks on WTC in  93, the Bombings of Kenya, Tanzania's  U.S. Embassies, Somalia, USS Cole and Probably Pan Am Flight 007. Was I viable Strategy

or that Perhaps it emboldened them and Led to 911.

I Feel clinton Felt " I will Ignore this and finish my Term , it will be the Next guys problem" and of course ours as US citizens.

Bush Said, Before the we Fired the OUR first shot. "This will not End on my Watch."
Were you not listening?

Think How long it took before we saw Success in WWII. It  took Eight Years to Get Germany up and Running and Germans live there. The Last Japanese Soldier Gave up in 1972 and We Occupied them for I don't know how long and Rebuilt Europe Our Selves with Our money under the Marshal plan. Were you aware of this?

We lost more people to combat in the first 30 minutes of WWII
We Had more Combat Deaths on one ship.
Get the big picture. Are you a soccer coach by any chance?
Vidi
+0|6771
I hate Gearge W. with a passion. I have nothing but contempt for him.

The election of 2000 was stolen from Gore ( Not that I thought he was a much better choice, just the lesser of two evils really ) I believe that Bush intended to invade Iraq BEFORE 9/11 and 9/11 only POSTPONED the war with Iraq. People are always claiming that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 but every declassified CIA report says that just isnt the case. If one looks at the Project for the new american century. You can see their agenda, It's like reading Mein Kampf in 1930. The far right has a very specific agenda and they are following their plan exactly. They even state that their plans may depend on a "new pearl harbor" and that was Sept of 2000 a full year before 9/11.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Add to that the Bush family ties with Saudi Oil,  the Bin Ladens,  and the Carlyle Group

http://www.hereinreality.com/carlyle.html

and I can not imagine a more fertile enviorment for complete corruption. And that is exactly what we have got.

Bush is a man that campaign on personal responsibilty and accountability but refused to answer the questions about his cocaine arrest, his alcohol abuse or even his six month long AWOL.

I hate W.
RDMC_old
+0|6738|Almere, Holland

redfoxster wrote:

Back in 2000, I really liked him, lots of hopes for locking in good judges on the supreme court.  Now adays, I am kind of neutral, though im not sure why.  I think the Iraq War is a good cause, I think he responded to 9/11 very well, I agree with most domestic policy he has backed, though not certain parts of the Patriot Act.  I love his picks for the supreme court, but he's just not the great end to the Clinton hell that we saw.  What do yall think?
Dont like the man aswell he looks like a clown to me..
chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
Bush is a retard and just a puppet for the right wing neo cons who push an agenda based to only profit elitists. Dont simplify the iraq war as simply about "oil" but it is all about money. If you think Cheney is a squeaky clean genuine busniness man youre simply too right wing to have a bad opinion about a republican or just stupid and brainwashed. These "fiscal conservatives" spend more money than any administration than ever and turn clintons balanced budget and record surplus into record deficit. If you look at the Iraq's contracts from now on they will comprise COMPLETELY of us corporations. From now on the defense and rebuliding and thousands of other needs that before would have never gone to the united states wil now goto Cheney and all the other corrupt politicans corps who have them in thier pocket. I cant believe that people still think that Bush isnt a total liar and misguided the public for his own intentions. There are lots of sources who said that bush sought out "exscuses" and fake intelligence on Iraq long before 9/11. It no mystery that Bush and all his buddies are getting filthy ritch from this so peopel need to wake up and just realize the obvious truth about our motives.

If you think Clinton was a nightmare and Bush is great then you are truly a complete retard and need to not reproduce any more of your ignorant inbread demon spawns.
nzjafa
+2|6767

redfoxster wrote:

pfcilng wrote:

Thank God, Ill be over there if anyone wants to find me.
yeah, this took a turn for the weird.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA

Vidi wrote:

The election of 2000 was stolen from Gore ( Not that I thought he was a much better choice, just the lesser of two evils really ) I believe that Bush intended to invade Iraq BEFORE 9/11 and 9/11 only POSTPONED the war with Iraq. People are always claiming that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 but every declassified CIA report says that just isnt the case. If one looks at the Project for the new american century. You can see their agenda, It's like reading Mein Kampf in 1930. The far right has a very specific agenda and they are following their plan exactly. They even state that their plans may depend on a "new pearl harbor" and that was Sept of 2000 a full year before 9/11.

Add to that the Bush family ties with Saudi Oil,  the Bin Ladens,  and the Carlyle Group

and I can not imagine a more fertile enviorment for complete corruption. And that is exactly what we have got.

Bush is a man that campaign on personal responsibilty and accountability but refused to answer the questions about his cocaine arrest, his alcohol abuse or even his six month long AWOL.

I hate W.
Dude, you probably believed every word of "Fahrenheit 9/11", too...
Vidi
+0|6771

atlvolunteer wrote:

Vidi wrote:

I hate W.
Dude, you probably believed every word of "Fahrenheit 9/11", too...
I believe the parts of it I can verify through legit news sources ( usually outside our country )

Let's face facts, the Bush administration has lied to us from the beginning. Look at the CIA reports that Bush was quoting but said was classified when we went into Iraq. He kept saying they had weapons of mass destruction and the CIA reports proved it.

And yet when the CIA, declassified their reports we find that Bush flat out lied to us. The reports themselves said that Iraq was NOT a threat to the US and there was NO evidence that they had ANY WMD's. The very same reports Bush claimed were our evidence to go to Iraq, told him NOT to go.

So what does he do? He changes his story. Oh we didnt go to Iraq because of WMD's, we went to topple an oppressive dictator who was killing his own people. Well, while that IS true, Saddam did all thjose things, he did so while the US was funding him.

And as far as the Taliban?

God, doesn't ANYONE have a memory??? These are the people WE funded against the Soviet Union. And who fought on the side of the Soviets during their Afghan war? The Northern Alliance. And who did we give power to once we took over Afghaninstan? The Northern Alliance!

And the election of 2000?

check the facts:

Foxnews ( PDF file ) first to call the election for Bush:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/stories/02/02/cnn.report/cnn.pdf

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/media/election2000/election_night.html

Here's CBS news confirming that Ellis is the COUSIN of W.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/11/14/politics/main249357.shtml

And a link to a PDF that counted the votes that were strangely disqualified the VAST MAJORITY of which went to Gore, not Bush:

http://www.aei.org/docLib/20040526_KeatingPaper.pdf

EVEN the recounts that were supposed to happen were only partially completed leaving out the "blacker" areas which voted predominately Democrat.

What was the final vote count WITHOUT counting the districts that would have had the MAJORITY for Gore?

Bush: 2,912,790
Gore: 2,912,253

A difference of 537 votes!!!

And who was in charge of the counting???  Katherine Harris. And who might she be?

Take a look at Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Harris

And what did she do?

She refused to allow the recounts to continue ( or rather FINISH )

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/12/13/got.here/index.html

Why? Because she was the Co-CHAIRWOMAN of the elect George W. campaign in Florida.

And look at this report on all the iirugularities of the 2000 Florida Election:

http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/main.htm

Pay partiular attention to to the first hand accounts from people who testified at the hearings.

here's just some of the things the report lists:

Key officials anticipated before Election Day, that there would be an increase in levels of voter turnout based upon new voter registration figures, but did not ensure that the precincts in all communities received adequate resources to meet their needs;

·        At least one unauthorized law enforcement checkpoint was set up on Election Day resulting in complaints that were investigated by the Florida Highway Patrol and the Florida Attorney General;

·        Non-felons were removed from voter registration rolls based upon unreliable information collected in connection with sweeping, state sponsored felony purge policies;

·        Many African Americans did not cast ballots because they were assigned to polling sites that did not have adequate resources to confirm voting eligibility status;

·        College students and others submitted voter registration applications on a timely basis to persons and agencies responsible for transmitting the applications to the proper officials, but in many instances these applications were not processed in a timely or proper manner under the National Voter Registration Act (“motor-voter law”);

·        Many Jewish and elderly voters received defective and complicated ballots that may have produced “overvotes” and “undervotes;”

·        Some polling places were closed early and some polling places were moved without notice;

·        Old and defective election equipment was found in poor precincts;

·        Many Haitian Americans and Puerto Rican voters were not provided language assistance when required and requested;

·        Persons with disabilities faced accessibility difficulties at certain polling sites;

·        Too few poll workers were adequately trained and too few funds were committed to voter education activities

And Florida wasn't the only place these things occured. Most people forget Wisconsin, Iowa ( both went to Gore...barely ) and New Hampshire, Missouri and Ohio ( which went for Bush )

I could go on and on and on. But just ONCE, I'd like to see some Bush supports provide evidence that the election WASN'T a FRAUD.

It seems everytime there's a debate on the subject of Bush, one side throws out the evidence and claims Michael Moore leftist views negate the facts. That's like the Democrats saying ( and to their eternal discredit, they have said it ) that because Rush Limbuagh presented the fact it must be fiction.

It is the extremism on both sides that is tearing this country apart and down. It is the only when those with a more Centrist view are in power that it can be saved. The Republicans are NOT always wrong. The Democrats are NOT always right. We need leaders who can see this and lead accordingly.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
If you had read my post, you would have seen that I did not vote for Bush in the 2000 election.  I voted Libertarian.  I didn't care whether Bush or Gore won.  I didn't really care for either candidete.
I wasn't talking about the election, anyway.  I was refering to your link to hereinreality.com.
If this link to the Carlyle group was legit, wouldn't Democrats be jumping all over it as a way to discredit Bush?
http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysi … it-911.htm
This website discusses the many distortions in Fahrenheit 9/11, including his claims about the Carlyle group.
As for "the Bush administration has lied to us from the beginning. Look at the CIA reports that Bush was quoting but said was classified when we went into Iraq. He kept saying they had weapons of mass destruction and the CIA reports proved it.", does that mean that Hillary Clinton is also a liar?  Is she in some conspiracy with Bush?  I saw her in an interview say that they drew the same conclusion from the intelligence when Bill was in office.  The CIA provided faulty intelligence, plain and simple.
Possum61
+9|6750|Philly PA USA

BladeRunner wrote:

In all honesty, I've never liked him. I never trusted the way he won his postion. I don't trust him. He has displayed levels of ignorance and stupidity that it amazes me Americans haven't stormed the Whitehouse and dragged him out to be burned as an effigy of hate and corruption.

Put Jello Biafra on on the throne, dudes. He'd be great
I agree with every word     George "Freettface" Bush  lol   lol

Last edited by Possum61 (2005-11-21 14:09:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard