Ryan
+1,230|6850|Alberta, Canada

everytime i get in close combat, i panic and i get shot down first. i cant seem to control the mouse and aim. and even when its far away, my mouse goes all jiggity and i usually miss the target. he runs up, sees me, goes prone, and i usually fire at him, but he gets me before i can aim at him. i usually zoom in with my g36c, but should i just stay at the normal view so i can see him better? the iron crosshair blocks my vision somewhat and i miss him. but its more accurate. i dunno. any tips?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6828|Delaware
BF2**S**, you got the wrong help area buddy
chickenmuncher
+2|6758| U.S.A.
Um... just calm down a bit, not take it to seriously, if theres a near by bunker get behind it.(this will help you for you panic problem) then use your zoom to pick him off.
Ryan
+1,230|6850|Alberta, Canada

everyone else asks how to get badges and stuff on this forum, so why cant i
also thanks muncher for the ttips.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2005-11-13 14:06:29)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

ryan_14 wrote:

everyone else asks how to get badges and stuff on this forum, so why cant i
also thanks muncher for the ttips.
that's because they don't pay attention..

this should either be in BF2:Help or BF2:Chatter. I'll move it to help because you are actually asking for help.

Now, as far as your question is concerned, I am not sure if using the zoom modus ( be it ironsights or the laser pointer ) actually enhances shooting performance. Logic might suggest it should.
Personally I find it is always better to use the zoom modus, especially if there is some distance between you and the enemy. there is no use in doing so in Close Combat.

I also suggest to play around with different levels of mouse sensitivity. If you find yourself moving the mouse too fast while in CQC, lower it a bit and see if your performance gets better.

Also try not to move when facing a enemy ( possibly a bunny hopper ) in close quaters combat. Sounds weird, I know, but your aiming will improve considerably when standing still while you opponent is bouncing around and cannot hit shit ( that's what should be the case ).

this is of course not a good strategy when facing noob tubers or AT because if you stand still while shooting they will most likely kill you with their superior firepower.
Am I making sense..?

By the way, I think those are not real panic attacks. Does your brain lock up ? Heart beat goes beyond 180 ?
Are you suddenly unable to move hands and feet according to normal standards ?

My guess is you simply get a bit too excited and that is hindering your ability to shoot precisely.

Possible solution: Play more. Get used to it. Relax while playing.  And remember, it's just a game. No one really dies out there.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6820
Drink a small glass of whiskey before-hand
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6793

ryan_14 wrote:

everytime i get in close combat, i panic and i get shot down first. i cant seem to control the mouse and aim. and even when its far away, my mouse goes all jiggity and i usually miss the target. he runs up, sees me, goes prone, and i usually fire at him, but he gets me before i can aim at him. i usually zoom in with my g36c, but should i just stay at the normal view so i can see him better? the iron crosshair blocks my vision somewhat and i miss him. but its more accurate. i dunno. any tips?
I give you one of my glamorous guides:

1) Don't drink coffee
2) Don't do speed, crack, or another stimulant before gaming
3) Realise that it is just a game; the bullets are not real
4) Adjust mouse sensitivity if you have a tendancy to freak out and scream "EUWUWUAUGH ILLKILLYOU"
5) Turn down your volume, as loud sounds make anyone jump
6) Fire in bursts, and learn when and where to use repetitious fire (aka, "single shot")
7) Don't do crack

I never could understand why people freak out so much in games.  Realise that it is indeed a game and you cannot be hurt by these virtual bullets.  Relax, spend some time getting used to the dynamics of the battlefield.
thinner44
+1|6816
@ beeng and Greenie_Beazinie, very funny

ryan_14 , if you're really having panic attacks, stop playing, it's not good for you. If they aren't really panic attacks....then calm down, take it easy, it's just a game.... get into the flow and don't be put off by being killed all the time, I'm not
bgthigfist
+0|6812
If you are of 'legal age' I would prescribe a large glass of Myers Dark and O.J.  You won't care if you die, then.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6767
I think the word you are looking for is jumpy. I used to be like that when I first started, but since you have hundred points more than me I'm suprised you arent cured. The only way to get round it is practice at short ranges. Play Karkand a lot with Assault and use the Ak-101 or M4 (you want a gun with full auto to overcome jumpiness)
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6814
Like Greenie already said: Turn the volume to pretty low. I once dropped a grenade just right before me cause a teammate started to fire beside me and I got terrified... Result: Suicide and Teamdamage.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6848|Missoula, MT
The sound is definitely an issue for jumpiness.  I've found that some of my best rounds are done with complete silence.  Of course it's hard to hear warnings and things like that.  But you sure can concentrate better.  Maybe try turning down the game sounds but everything else normal.  I've done this and it helps me.  Keep the voices...voices are good.  VoIP!! 
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6844
I usaully drop a grenade at my feet, go prone take out knife and watch the Guy run away. Sadly this dosn't work out for some reason.
thinner44
+1|6816

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Keep the voices...voices are good.  VoIP!! 
Phew, am I glad you added VoIP to the end of that
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6848|Missoula, MT
I knew someone would notice that! 
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6814

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I knew someone would notice that! 
Yeah, that's exactly what my settings are at. Game sound quite low, still able to hear people sneaking up on me though, and the VoIP still on and loud. Some people tend to whisper into their mic...
Pagan[CyC]
DAO12 Whore
+1|6772

ryan_14 wrote:

everytime i get in close combat, i panic and i get shot down first. ...
I find a wee bit of scotch to be very helpful.

Naturally this doesn't apply to you youngsters.
Killa_Kryptix
+0|6745
i had same problem but u should realy get a razor dimandback mouse for ownange with sensitivity and don't stand in upright position and no sights use regluar veiw and zig zag \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ spaces are jumps

does this and u are sure to be a harder target to hi and kill his a$$ for sure it works for me and i just made a new name
Killa_Kryptix
+0|6745
i had same problem but u should realy get a razor dimandback mouse for ownange with sensitivity and don't stand in upright position and no sights use regluar veiw and zig zag \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ spaces are jumps
do this and u are sure to be a harder target to hi and kill his a$$ for sure it works for me and i just made a new name

[url=http://bf2s.com/player/59115270/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/59115270/sig.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/59115270/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/59115270/sig5.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://bf2s.com/player/59115270/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/59115270/awards.jpg[/img][/url]
Killa_Kryptix
+0|6745
sry had to fix some stuff
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I've been known to cover my eyes when I hear artillery raining down. You also get a few blasts of adrenilyn every now and then when doing some serious Rambo shit. Makes it more of a thill, and makes you yell "FUCK!" to the whole iCafe if you die before you realise, "Shit, I'm not on my own here am I."
Only happned once I swear.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6844
What ever you do../ \ / \ / \  Don't bunny hop ! Read the Bunny posts.
Turtle
+7|6764|Boulder, CO

bgthigfist wrote:

If you are of 'legal age' I would prescribe a large glass of Myers Dark and O.J.  You won't care if you die, then.
Yuck. Myers Dark is like the worst rum to make a screwdriver with, ever.
nhl2337
+0|6750
what to say.....just jump prone jump prone...it works for me
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6744|Alabama
Bring your knife to a gun fight.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard