Tyshalle83
+1|6760|Raleigh, NC
Nobody's perfect. Not even the guys with the best systems and 500 hours under their belts. Every once in a while, you just do something completely fucking brain-dead stupid in this game, and when it happens, you either go ballistic and start hitting yourself in the face or you just sit there and sigh inwardly, realizing how much of a retard you are for that particular moment.

Let's share, because let's face it, shit happens, and sometimes we just do something that makes us look like the biggest n00b, asshole, or a combination of both.

Here's mine:

Yesterday, I basically went on an unintentional Teamkilling Rampage.

I've been having computer troubles lately. My 3 year old computer just is really starting to die, and I've been forced to drop all the graphic functions down to their minimums. There's a lot of bullshit that comes with doing that, like for instance you might be next to a mountain and you'll see an enemy, and you'll go into aim mode only to find that a rock somehow formed right over where that guy is. You go back into normal vision and you can see him perfectly, but you just can't hit him. That sort of thing.

Well along with that, I'm finding that names are taking much longer to load than usual. I'm not great at identifying people just by their clothes yet, and I'm usually forced to wait a half a second to two or three seconds for their name to pop up either red or blue. Yesterday it was terrible, and I was getting slaughtered left and right because I was waiting too long. I'd see a guy, hover my gun over his body, and by the time it showed the guy as an enemy he'd have spotted me and start opening fire. Since I was playing Spec Ops, I was getting slaughtered.

That made me develop a pretty bad itchy trigger finger.

So we're getting our asses kicked, kinda. The enemy has lost more tickets, but they've essentially got ALL of our bases, save one. So they're trying to cap our last base while we all are scattering around trying to take down another base. Well I manage to round a corner of this one base, only to see somebody laying on the ground, pointing AWAY from the base, and this guy's the support class, so he's got a big ass gun and he's like, 2 meters away from me. I only had a split second, he was pointing his gun at me, and before that he had been pointing away from the base, and it just seemed more likely that the enemy would be pointing away to catch us as we approached to try and cap it. I figured if he were friendly, he'd actually be working on trying to take the base, not playing this quasi-defense, so I blew the fucker away.

Turns out, he was the fucking COMMANDER of our team. Also, I'm a really terrible shot, so I literally unloaded a good 20 rounds into this guy before he died, which honestly should have been ample time to realize he wasn't firing back and therefore I should probably wait for his name to pop up. Too late, didn't do it, he died, enemy was capping our only base, and despite having more tickets than the enemy, we were pretty much fucked.

But I'm determined to fix my mistakes. I decide that I'll cap the base that I'm at, no matter what.

I take no more than two steps before the fence in front of me starts exploding with bullets. I have 0 seconds to respond to what I figured was an attack by someone with shitty aim. I spin around to see another soldier pointing his gun toward me, and I just unleash hell on him. Kill him, and find out that not only is he a teammate, but he's a damn squad leader, and potentially could be used as a spawn point for his men.

I got killed by a single soldier defending that base a few seconds after that, and we lost because I was the last man standing. We probably could have won had it been the three of us going after that one guy, instead of just me and my bad aim.

Felt like the biggest dumbshit in the world, and I'm resolved to not play until I get the last of my new computer parts tomorrow and build my new top-of-the-line PC.
Tyshalle83
+1|6760|Raleigh, NC
err, how'd I post this twice? Someone delete this thread.

Apparently I'm still a dumbass.
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6789
but at least you're humble about it
BladeRunner
+5|6756|UK

Tyshalle83 wrote:

err, how'd I post this twice? Someone delete this thread.

Apparently I'm still a dumbass.
Lol. Ironic.

Someone alert Alanis Morrisette!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard