nexus3372
+1|6825
Im a partner with EA and they blew us off. If someone else has a contact use it. We need to eliminate the language filters on all games. If they cuss o well. I feel that people are getting vheated out of their points due to kickin from sayin, "mom," "WTF,""OMG,"Fag,""Gay,""Queer,""and my top two favorites,"Vagina, and Penis" I say these words daily, but God doesn't kick me from my life. I need assitance in this, if someone could get a petition it'd help. With your help we can make a cus full world.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6850|The planet Tophet
welll some people play around kids and dont want their kids hearing that
divided
Clear!
+3|6817
Any content that's in a PG-13 movie should be permitted in bf2.
BudRell
+2|6881|Home
Something funny happened some time ago ...

On one server (I do not remember the name...I was too surprised when kicked ) I was piloting heli and I accidentally killed one of my team mates. 

Well, instead of voicing the standard "sorry, my bad", I wrote "Stupid me, sorry..". ---> kicked ---> "faul language"

It took me rather long cup of coffee before I realized what lottery now had decided to give me that "free refreshment pause" .
It was the word "stupid"...

Instant kick...whoah...admin had probably had bloody hard job trying to figure out how kick works. Clever idea indeed..
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6791|The United Center
i know...i actually have to think about my insults before i say them now.

"you punished me?  who runs in front of a speeding hummer?  seriously.  nice job cockbag."
*kicked*
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6789|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

*TS*tphai wrote:

welll some people play around kids and dont want their kids hearing that
it is rated t for teen...

And I NEED my swearing. Its what keeps me from snapping and going on a tk rampage

And as long as an Admin isnt there, u can cheat the system usually by doing l337

examples-
a$$hole
c0ckb1t3
f^cker
f4gg0t

etc.

Last edited by n1nj41c l337ne55 (2005-11-13 11:04:35)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6850|The planet Tophet
yeah i know its funny sometimes he say "DAMIT SORRY"  but he i swear sometimes in the game but not often
RadeonII
+1|6819
ive found a few servers that do permit foul language ..
BladeRunner
+5|6793|UK
Lol ... the game by design is Blesphemous (dammit)...yet the acronym 'wtf' is offensive.

This is probably why the Pope doesn't play BF2.

n00b 4dm1nz STFU

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6791|The United Center
yeah, seriously.

we're shooting people...and killing them...and running them over...and blowing them up...but we cant swear?

TPhai makes a good point when you apologize in game, the voice for the USMC sometimes says "Damn it, sorry."
nayo450
+-1|6837
i must of missed somethng here, but isn't there a warning saying the the MSRB content  ratings change for online game play? in other words no filers are required, enter @ your own risk
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6785|United States
I say get rid of the language filter, so what if it is rated T for teen.  IT SAYS ON THE BOX "Game experience may change during online play."  Don't like swears, play single player.  My 0.02ยข.
BladeRunner
+5|6793|UK

nayo450 wrote:

i must of missed somethng here, but isn't there a warning saying the the MSRB content  ratings change for online game play? in other words no filers are required, enter @ your own risk
An excellent point

What's the age rating on the game?
Possum61
+9|6792|Philly PA USA
What a lam bunch of admins...... Sence when is the word DARN a bad word ?  Good lord  corn holes  get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BladeRunner
+5|6793|UK
Rated Teen?. Yea. Coz I know EVEN ONE teen who doesn't swear like a trooper!!!!!!!!!!1

'You can simulate shooting my child in the face, blowing them up with explosives, or tear their throat out with a serated combat knife...but DON'T YOU DARE say 'ass' in front of them!'
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6797

Possum61 wrote:

What a lam bunch of admins...... Sence when is the word DARN a bad word ?  Good lord  corn holes  get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have been banned by an admin. Reason: Swearing "Corn hole"
Possum61
+9|6792|Philly PA USA
Well how I know who one of the corn holes is    lol   Just jokeing FreeBird 

Last edited by Possum61 (2005-11-13 16:29:13)

nexus3372
+1|6825
With all of this support, we can make a statement. Best point thus far -> Gaming experience may change during online play. We should form a union, and he doesn say, "Damnit, Sorry" This game allows/supports car bombs too we can do it, keep them comin this is fun. Speak 1337  to cheat the system
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6840|Eastern PA
Sounds more like the various server Admins changed your "gaming experience" . . .

If you don't like restrictions on immature / juvenile "dialogue", then find other servers to play on or fund your own. Either way - quit whining . . .
Spyx750
+0|6787
and also, the mec might be swearing. I mean: LAKADA HADARISJAIN! could sound to me like a terrible swear.
now for this one I know it means medic but you get the point
we need like a translator class so we are sure the mec and pla don't swear. the class would have an awesome kit with like a dictionary and like a microphone.
'you got a translation assist point'
hmm waaaay too much fantasy
BladeRunner
+5|6793|UK

Spyx750 wrote:

and also, the mec might be swearing. I mean: LAKADA HADARISJAIN! could sound to me like a terrible swear.
now for this one I know it means medic but you get the point
we need like a translator class so we are sure the mec and pla don't swear. the class would have an awesome kit with like a dictionary and like a microphone.
'you got a translation assist point'
hmm waaaay too much fantasy
Laughing 'till it hurts

T1mbrW0lf wrote:

If you don't like restrictions on immature / juvenile "dialogue", then find other servers to play on or fund your own. Either way - quit whining . . .
And what words have you deamed 'immature / juvenile'?

I think it's dead grown up and hard to say 'Shite' once in a while

T1mbrW0lf wrote:

then find other servers to play on or fund your own. Either way - quit whining . . .
I think you'll find that 'whining' is part of the point for having this in the COMPLAINT section, if you don't like whining find a topic that isn't about complaints/whining...and stop whining

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-14 03:21:51)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6857
If you get offended by swearing you're too old to be playing computer games
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6840|Eastern PA

BladeRunner wrote:

And what words have you deamed 'immature / juvenile'?
I think it's dead grown up and hard to say 'Shite' once in a while
The particular "words used" are irrelevant - and you're quite entitled to mutter (or shout) any expletive(s) you'd care to, any time you'd like.

The "juvenile / immature" behavior is the obsession to post your crude or abusive comments in a public forum (of any kind).

I think you'll find that 'whining' is part of the point for having this in the COMPLAINT section . . .
Just like the previous point: There's a considerable difference between voicing a genuine complaint about  some aspect of the game vs. blathering on and on about how unfair it all is and how rotten EA is for not allowing children to pretend they're "grown up" by abusing others with temper tantrums, limited vocabulary, and poor language skills . . .
Spyx750
+0|6787
I see smoke, could there be a flamewar coming up?
nexus3372
+1|6825
nah man, were just vying 4 arguable points its fun to see what pisses people off

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard