Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6657|Denver, CO
I've searched this entire forum, have done everything suggested and I STILL get the error and cannot play EF.  What a waste of $10!  I have done NO tampering with the files and EA is no help (as usual).

I've reinstalled so MANY times.  This latest time, I reinstalled Windows with a clean BF2/SF/EF/AF install and STILL nothing.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6528|London (At Heart)

Did you full patch after you installed EF?

Shem
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6657|Denver, CO
Yup.

Last edited by Lt.Garbo (2006-06-29 03:27:17)

eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6845|Sacramento, Cal
damn EA sure knows how fuck people over...
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6528|London (At Heart)

Ah well, don't worry about it.

I bought it and didn't play it once, not even sure it works.

AF on the other hand...

Shem
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6657|Denver, CO

Shem wrote:

Ah well, don't worry about it.

I bought it and didn't play it once, not even sure it works.

AF on the other hand...

Shem
True, AF kicks as!

Last edited by Lt.Garbo (2006-06-29 03:29:53)

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
Go back to medic whoring at karkand if u dont like EF.
I always play in three different servers that play EF and AF and are always almost full all the time.
Also, to get 100+ at EF you have to have skills.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

I always play in three different servers that play EF and AF and are always almost full all the time.
Look at his profile and you'll find that his favourite map is Ghost Town, his favourite class is Sniper and favourite team is the SAS. Dont make assumptions that hes a medic whore on karkand (although, that is very very common).
I have EF, it rocks, Ive got the medal to prove it and Smoke is shown as my favourite map.

Garbo - I notice you play SF a lot, have you tried loading up EF from within BF2v? I know that whenever I try EF from within SF, it never works.
Provided you installed BF2, SF, EF, AF then patched up to 1.3, there is no reason why it shouldnt work (well, apart from in SF for me anyway).

Last edited by Snake (2006-06-29 10:20:26)

SiMSaM16
+48|6694|United States of America
My EF works fine, I just dont like it.
cyberkiller25
+16|6549|Montreal
Look, i had problems also but here is how I did it :

Completely uninstall BF2 except your profiles, configurations and screenshots. Then re-install the game. For the patches put them one by one until you reach the patch where in the EA Downloader it says that you must install AFTER you installed Euro Force. Obviously dont install this patch for now and install Euro Force. Then Install the remaining patches and the 1.3 of course.

If this doens't work, then or you did a mistake with the patches or the game is really screwed. Try it and tell me how it go.
divided
Clear!
+3|6774

Could you post the ips of those servers? I haven't been able to find any server running EF with people in it.
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Snake wrote:

Look at his profile and you'll find that his favourite map is Ghost Town, his favourite class is Sniper and favourite team is the SAS. Dont make assumptions that hes a medic whore on karkand (although, that is very very common).
I have EF, it rocks, Ive got the medal to prove it and Smoke is shown as my favourite map.

Garbo - I notice you play SF a lot, have you tried loading up EF from within BF2v? I know that whenever I try EF from within SF, it never works.
Provided you installed BF2, SF, EF, AF then patched up to 1.3, there is no reason why it shouldnt work (well, apart from in SF for me anyway).
I agree, but the point was EF isn't noob friendly, which is why some folks don't play it. It's not nice to assume others are noobs or point whores though, unless they are lawl.

Snake, congrats! I also think the Smoke Screen icon looks really cool. I'd like to have that or Great Wall up on there for me, but I have to beat Oman; 350 some hours. Man... Hey try to have EF has your favorite faction!

My advice may not work, but if I were you, I'd reinstall BF2, patch to 1.12 (incremental), install SF, patch to 1.2 (incremental), install EF, and patch to 1.3 using the full patch. This might work. Install AF after all this.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-06-29 10:34:46)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Snake wrote:

I agree, but the point was EF isn't noob friendly, which is why some folks don't play it. It's not nice to assume others are noobs or point whores though, unless they are lawl.

Snake, congrats! I also think the Smoke Screen icon looks really cool. I'd like to have that or Great Wall up on there for me, but I have to beat Oman; 350 some hours. Man... Hey try to have EF has your favorite faction!

My advice may not work, but if I were you, I'd reinstall BF2, patch to 1.12 (incremental), install SF, patch to 1.2 (incremental), install EF, and patch to 1.3 using the full patch. This might work. Install AF after all this.
Yeah, I was gona try to get the EF Medic as my main "character" (they look awesome with their Red Berets ) - but Im currently aiming to get the Navy Cross before I hit Sgt Mjr (followed by Schimitar and Peoples Medalian), so it wouldnt really be worth doing just for a picture
Would be nice to see it though
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6574
just pretend u spent 20 bucks for af
dogpile1487
+4|6514
you aren't missing much anyway
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6628|Los Angeles, California, US.
And, You Put your Account's name into the Gamespy thing?
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield

DaReJa wrote:

And, You Put your Account's name into the Gamespy thing?
Good Call.. and did you download it??

Putting your PID does make a difference . Besides you aren't missing much anyway.. there are only like 6 servers that are even full.
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6657|Denver, CO
I've done everything suggested -- except loading EF from the BF Original... I usually load BF2:SF.  I'll give it a try!  Thanks!
[AD]will_young[G36E]
spreader of the herpies
+33|6531|Down under, melbourne
hey Lt.garbo you're the one with the friendly fire OFF 24/7 HIGH POINTS server. you ran karkand and then a SF map...... i know this cos dietcokeBF2 was in my clan and then in you're clan.

sorry off topic
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6661|Canada Eh?
I had this problem and it pissed the shit outa me, contacted EA's  support and I got this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I am sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2.

If your Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2 installation has become corrupt, either through the use of unsupported modifications to the game, or a corrupted patch or installation, you may receive one of these errors when attempting to connect to an online game.

To resolve this issue, Battlefield 2, EA Downloader and any expansions must be uninstalled from your computer and reinstalled from scratch. This replaces corrupted game files and will allow you to connect to online games successfully.

To delete the save files:

Open My Documents.
Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
To delete the game files (in the default location):

Open My Computer.
Open the C drive.
Open the Program Files folder.
Open the EA GAMES folder.
Close all open windows.
Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

Click on the Start button.
Click on Run.
Type regedit in the text field.
Click File and then choose Export.
Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click the plus sign next to Software.
Click the plus sign next to DICE.
Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.
Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
Click the plus sign next to Windows.
Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} andchoose Delete.
A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
Battlefield 2 is now completely removed from your system.

Also, please download and install the Battlefield 2 full v1.3 patch
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patche … ull_13.exe

Please install in this order (where applicable): Battlefield 2 -> 1.3 full patch -> Special Forces -> 1.3 full patch -> Euro Force -> 1.3 patch -> Armoured Fury -> 1.3 patch .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please click on the link below for instructions on how to manually uninstall the EA Downloader:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=11090

Thank you for your cooperation.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com/)

Best Regards,
Cyrous D.
EA Tech Support

It worked for me but it took me a whole morning to get BF2 back up and running.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard