Havazn
+39|6700|van.ca

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Malthus' theory is held in check by technology more than anything else. 

As for JamDude, you do not make sense.  I am sitting here trying to make some sort of argument or statement out of your post, but I cannot.  I personally do not think homosexuality is a choice, one of the reasons being I have a hard time believing that someone would subject themselves to the hatred and bigotry towards homos that is prevelant in our culture.
I grew up with someone knowing them literally from birth. He portrayed homosexual tendencies since he was 6 years old. From this experience, I know it was not a choice for him. I knew he was gay since elementary school. He has admittedly come out in the open about it, but it was no surprise to those who knew him.
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6574
I don't hate gays irrationally,i just really dislike the ones i know. what i dont  understand is none of them have ever showed interest in a partner either male or female, have never even touched anyone else with "that" kind of intent, yet still mouth of about how "they're as straight as a row of tents". These people of my knowledge are just out for attention.

But you say gays wont carry on the population? Its widely refuted Shakespeare was gay (i think ) and he had a mistress and kids. If i personally knew my kids owuld tun out gay... its a close call but i think id keep him/her, seeing as theres less persecution nowadays.

Last edited by Cactusfist (2006-06-28 18:08:45)

JaMDuDe
+69|6783
Ken if we evolved there wouldnt be a "gay gene" since it doesnt reproduce. So you would have to believe its something other than genetics.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

Are you admitting that we evolved?  By your logic, there would be no life-threatening disease either, since that stops the ability to reproduce.  Not a solid argument, think of another one.  Imagine if it was discovered that homosexuals were more evolved than us!
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6533|Portland, OR USA

JaMDuDe wrote:

Ken if we evolved there wouldnt be a "gay gene" since it doesnt reproduce. So you would have to believe its something other than genetics.
Well, not really.  A punnet square will show you how recessive genes can transmit.  Actually, as an example - the 5 finger gene is recessive.  The 6 finger gene is dominant.  So even if it is genetic, which I'm not saying it is, it is easily transmitted.

I believe in evolution, but I believe it was divinely guided, not just random acts of nature.  I do believe in God, but do not believe homosexuality is a choice.  I'm not really sure what you're talking about when you say evolution can see the future, as I don't see where I implied that.  I am saying that nature is aware of the present.  As is evident in the simplistic example of frogs mutating to change sex AFTER birth.  While it is obviously possibly physically for homosexuals to reproduce, they are equally as obviously less likely to do so as their sexual behavior is directly contradictive to that end.

Ken - I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on technology as I believe the opposite to be true.  Technology facilitates longer lives and easier reproduction.  In addition, technology overcomes nature's denial of reproduction with invetro fertilization, as well as many other reproductive techniques.  Technology also assists in the birthing of lives that would have otherwise been lost at birth.  All the way around, I truly think the opposite is true.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Imagine if it was discovered that homosexuals were more evolved than us!
Not sure I really want to touch that.  I'm not saying either is more "evolved."  Just that each has a very real and viable purpose.  I think bisexuality could be argued to be evident of an evolved sense of spirituality or some such perpsective, but I don't subscribe to that myself - just see it as a POV.

Last edited by puckmercury (2006-06-28 18:44:22)

JaMDuDe
+69|6783

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Are you admitting that we evolved?  By your logic, there would be no life-threatening disease either, since that stops the ability to reproduce.  Not a solid argument, think of another one.  Imagine if it was discovered that homosexuals were more evolved than us!
No im not admitting we evolved. Im saying that if we evolved as you believe, natural selection and the inability to reproduce would have stopped people from being genetically gay over time. People with life threatening diseases like cancer can and do reproduce. How did the first gay reproduce to start a gene?

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-06-28 19:28:39)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

JaMDuDe wrote:

How did the first gay reproduce to start a gene?
How did cancer come about in humans?
Poppycock
+16|6549|Bellevue, NE
My personal feelings on the subject is that it is a mental variant. Not unlike a mental disorder (but I am not saying being gay makes you insane.) I believe that people and animals become homosexual to prevent over population. In recent years their have been more and more homosexuals (or at least more "outed gays"). Their are fewer animals that show signs of homosexuality, but there indeed are gay animals. Which may demonstrate it is a form of population control.

But these are just opions I have formed based on what I have seen. I am always open to other theories and belifes.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6679|Colorado
I live with two girls that are homosexual, they are the greatest people ever, very kind, generous, smart & funny. They have broken a lot of myths flying about & have helped me to understand better , they never chose they just were, just like I never chose women I just instinctively knew I liked them.
If they wished to get married & get benefits like everyone else then why not? They will be consumers just like everyone else, they will buy houses, pay bills, & eat food.

Abortion is the woman's choice, period. Not some old books decision based on an even older religions that has no place in current society. All these groups that are against it should offer to raise the child instead of blowing up innocent people to try & prove their flawed point. She was the one whom got pregnant, not the group, not her parents, but her. People should be glad when people take life in their own hands & be responsible for  their choices. There is a growing trend where people want everything decided for them or wont make a move without trying to get the government involved.
Why is everyone so up in everyone else business these days?! If you see a child getting beat in a grocery store, applaud the parent for giving a shit instead of letting them run around the store like a pack of dogs.
Most these days are on the phone to child care services seeing that, wtf?!

Another 2 examples of why religion must die in this ever changing society we call the USA imo.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783
Heres a article on cancer for you ken. People with cancer can reproduce, gays cant. Why do you reply to my question with another question? Still thinking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6533|Portland, OR USA

JaMDuDe wrote:

Heres a article on cancer for you ken. People with cancer can reproduce, gays cant. Why do you reply to my question with another question? Still thinking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer
gays can and DO reproduce.  Fact.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6708|New York
Cancer is present in EVERY human body, thats a fact. What triggers it is a mystery. have a friend, healthy, quit smoking 4 packs a day a month and a half ago, the shock to his system triggered diabetes sp? The type he has to shoot up 4 times a day and shoot up 20 units at bed time. This all happened because he quit smoking cold turkey. so there are consequences no matter what you do.
King_Vegeta
+4|6635
Wipe them out...all of them
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6742|Salt Lake City

King_Vegeta wrote:

Wipe them out...all of them
You're right, lets wipe out all the fundamentalist religious freaks that make this world a bigger shithole.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6702|NJ
JaMDuDe the fact that gays can't reproduce so that gene would fade away is just not a true or valid statement. All of their equipment still works and they can also still have sex with women. I think we've all seen on T.V. the touching story of a married with two children gay man who ups and leaves because he relizes he's living a lie. Now that two children who may or may not hold a gay gene, so there are accounts of reproduction in the "gay" history.

Since there is such a stigma with homosexuals in this time period. Your daughter or even son might end up falling in love with a girl or guy who is gay. Start a family then 5 years down the line the person they "love" ends up running away because they've been living a lie to conform to standards. Now you have one gay a heartbroken straight and two kids from a broken home.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783
Yeah but in evolution there is this thing called natural selection. And in a struggling population being gay would be a big disadvantage.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
What is this struggling population you speak of?
JaMDuDe
+69|6783
If you believe in evolution then its the early humans trying to survive.
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
I don't actually belive in anything, to tell you the truth I know I came into being from my parents and I'm very much ok with that, just a note.

But with evolution there are mutations and changes in the DNA, it could have happened at a later period of time when there was a low population of women, and a sexual drive pushed men toward men? 

In china right now do you think homosexual activity is more common?
messfeeder
+31|6534|Gotham

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Before you respond, I reiterate that this purely hypothetical!!!

2. Would those who oppose homosexuals on the basis of the Bible now accept that God may have in fact made some people this way, and that the Bible only says it because they lacked the medical knowledge to know any better.
God created retards, too.  We still consider it a defect.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I don't actually belive in anything, to tell you the truth I know I came into being from my parents and I'm very much ok with that, just a note.

But with evolution there are mutations and changes in the DNA, it could have happened at a later period of time when there was a low population of women, and a sexual drive pushed men toward men? 

In china right now do you think homosexual activity is more common?
Then the gay gene would go away once the population of women rose again. I think it would be just the opposite, if the population got low they would try to make more kids, not stop making them all together.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6567

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Cancer is present in EVERY human body, thats a fact. What triggers it is a mystery. have a friend, healthy, quit smoking 4 packs a day a month and a half ago, the shock to his system triggered diabetes sp? The type he has to shoot up 4 times a day and shoot up 20 units at bed time. This all happened because he quit smoking cold turkey. so there are consequences no matter what you do.
Or he could have used patches to reduce the shock.  Just a theory.............
cpt.fass1
+329|6702|NJ
Yes but only one man for one woman in most cultures, so the rich would be the one reproducing and the poor would probably be stuck together. Also regardless of if the rich might hold the gay gene they would still be forces into reproduction because they are to be seen to be the ones with value.
pdanrichey
+5|6813
Fags are fags...it's an abomination to the Lord to committ a sexual act with a person of the same sex...PERIOD!

Abortion is wrong...PERIOD!  You can't look at a picture of an unborn child in the womb and not tell me it's a human being that has LIFE!
Erkut.hv
+124|6741|California

pdanrichey wrote:

Fags are fags...it's an abomination to the Lord to committ a sexual act with a person of the same sex...PERIOD!
Not for nothing, but try not to use hateful speech when paraphrasing scripture. It instantly nullifies any point you were trying to get across.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard