Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Most of the snipers who have replied here are under 2.0 K/D.
Towelly please don't take direct offence to this as I am just trying to make a point with regards to team play. Your sniper K/D ratio is 1.3 . So you are taking out just over 1 person for everytime you die. This doesnt seem as benificial as someone who is constantly keeping its team alive, providing support, taking out enemy vehicles or capping flags. I just think snipers are not as big an asset in match play. This match is being offered with no vehicles or commanders. Take that as a gift to you snipers. UAV's and art'y would kill any hopes you had to of succeeding.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England

†[AøT]§tèálth† wrote:

Hey no way u can get me with ur AK out of date piece of junk from 500m. If we do verus you we will play on wake island it can be me, the (ss) guys,entainer_06 and other sniper community members.

Only gun i would use as a sniper would be L85,G3 and the PKM
because you can regularly make 500m shots on bf2 cant you.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6649|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Kmarion wrote:

Towelly please don't take direct offence to this as I am just trying to make a point with regards to team play. Your sniper K/D ratio is 1.3 . So you are taking out just over 1 person for everytime you die. This doesnt seem as benificial as someone who is constantly keeping its team alive, providing support, taking out enemy vehicles or capping flags. I just think snipers are not as big an asset in match play. This match is being offered with no vehicles or commanders. Take that as a gift to you snipers. UAV's and art'y would kill any hopes you had to of succeeding.
dont bring KDR's into this..

i've only just started taking the rifle seriously.. and a lot (if not ALL) of my pistol kills come from the sniper kit.

dont start on my KDR cos oh wait:

[wanker]

j00r rif3l kaydeearr iz onlee .81 n00b!! lawlz

[/wanker]

you're just pissed at snipers who TK you for YOUR jet

when me , dont_be_ss, towelly and Mj.Blindfisch are on servers as a sniper squad.. we're usually up there with the highest kill counts..  and highest KDR's next to those who cant fight on the grou.. i mean.. Aviators..

seeing as we're stil on the subject of KDRs.. i've improved my rifle one from .42 to .95 in 2 weeks..

i suggest you do the same and stop bashing us

and your overall kdr is only 1.5.. which is .2 higher..

meaning you only take out 1.5 people every time you die..

.2 more than towelly.. now thats leet

gg

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-06-29 08:02:00)

Entertayner
+826|6578

mporlier wrote:

I am a full time sniper. In a one on one combat snipers will lose against every kit but engineer. In a game situation, the focus is not 100% on the snipers that is when they can contribute best to the team.
You're a bad sniper then I would say I win about 80% of one on one's, yes I lose lots of the time but most of the time I will either straight off headshot them or hit them then finish them off with the pistol.

This would be blatantly unfair as medics could constantly revive so it would be impossible to stop them as another one would come along so I propose no reviving, then it would be fair

spawnofthemist wrote:

when me , dont_be_ss, towelly and Mj.Blindfisch are on servers as a sniper squad.. we're usually up there with the highest kill counts..  and highest KDR's next to those who cant fight on the grou.. i mean.. Aviators..

seeing as we're stil on the subject of KDRs.. i've improved my rifle one from .42 to .95 in 2 weeks..

gg
*cough* you left someone out

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-06-29 08:08:01)

PunkX
stoned
+198|6631|Canada
too easy.
Entertayner
+826|6578

ya think?!

Kmarion wrote:

WTFing hell does k/d ave to do with it, stats are no measure of how good a sniper is. I know towelly well and we are both an attacking style of sniper, we are up with our squad and usually in front and take out anyone that crosses our path, we have anhialated servers together and won the round for our team on countless ocassions.  Go ahead, look at my stats and flame but until you play against us you do not know how bad or shit we are.

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-06-29 08:15:10)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6649|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

mporlier wrote:

I am a full time sniper. In a one on one combat snipers will lose against every kit but engineer. In a game situation, the focus is not 100% on the snipers that is when they can contribute best to the team.
You're a bad sniper then I would say I win about 80% of one on one's, yes I lose lots of the time but most of the time I will either straight off headshot them or hit them then finish them off with the pistol.

This would be blatantly unfair as medics could constantly revive so it would be impossible to stop them as another one would come along so I propose no reviving, then it would be fair

spawnofthemist wrote:

gg
how could i forget you entertainer.. i love you baby
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

spawnofthemist wrote:

gg
LMAO.. u totaly missed the point buddy. Ok so I am not killing much more than him BUT... Let me type this again so maybe you can understand it this time. I am keeping my team alive as well as capping flags along with taking out more people. Accomplishing more than one task. Get it?

What does K/D have to do with it. It's called tickets whoever has the most wins. maybe that's why this is going over some of you guys heads.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-06-29 08:17:40)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716

Kmarion wrote:

There is a steeper learning curve with the sniper kit.  I was down a few hundred kills with the rifle.  Once I got good enough to kill people at long range that I caught up to 1 on my KDR for the sniper kit and it is still increasing steadily.  It is the same with many of the other snipers only the snipers with a few hundred hours are going to have ratios of 2 or 3, but you your self don't have a 2.0 KDR so I would not be arguing that if I were you.  You will never see a medic with a 7 to 1 KDR in regular play with out vehicles.

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-06-29 08:16:48)

Entertayner
+826|6578

spawnofthemist wrote:

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

mporlier wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

gg
how could i forget you entertainer.. i love you baby
lolz we'll chat on xfire spawn
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

cheshiremoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

There is a steeper learning curve with the sniper kit.  I was down a few hundred kills with the rifle.  Once I got good enough to kill people at long range that I caught up to 1 on my KDR for the sniper kit and it is still increasing steadily.  It is the same with many of the other snipers only the snipers with a few hundred hours are going to have ratios of 2 or 3, but you your self don't have a 2.0 KDR so I would not be arguing that if I were you.  You will never see a medic with a 7 to 1 KDR in regular play with out vehicles.
You guys are just flat out funny. You don't understand with the med kit you can do more. Is it really that hard to get? OK some my K/D is comparable to most snipers.. but I do more than lay on my belly sucking dirt.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
Hell yes. gimme an m16 and I'll shoot those snipers in the head before they realised what happened

proudly averaging 3:1 KD as infantry thesedays, including armor/claymore/arty deaths

http://www.statpadder.com:8080/bf2calc/ … 1150597740
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Entertayner
+826|6578

Kmarion wrote:

What does K/D have to do with it. It's called tickets whoever has the most wins. maybe that's why this is going over some of you guys heads.
I was referring to stats, not rounds! People have good and bad days, I have a purple heart... doesnt everyone?!? You need to learn to look outside the prettty numbers on the screen and look at a persons talent not their stats.

Oooooh sarge is in, remember when we played on kark in our 2-man squad?! Yeah, think of that when we're pwning u he he...

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-06-29 08:22:11)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
The only way you guys are going to 'pwn' me is with claymores, ktnxbai
Entertayner
+826|6578

fighting talk.... we'll talk in bullets, mainly my 50 cal thru ur face

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-06-29 08:23:25)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I was referring to stats, not rounds! People have good and bad days, I have a purple heart... doesnt everyone?!? You need to learn to look outside the prettty numbers on the screen and look at a persons talent not their stats.

Oooooh sarge is in, remember when we played on kark in our 2-man squad?! Yeah, think of that when we're pwning u he he...
I totaly understand and respect what you are saying. I am reffering to the topic. Who would win. I have nothing but props to snipers. It's personally not my thing.
BTW no purple heart yet

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-06-29 08:25:24)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
Since when is my face made out of bricks? I'd like to see your wookie suit protect you once I'm close
mporlier
+42|6647|Montreal, Canada

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

mporlier wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

gg
Considering my stats as a sniper and sniper riffle I am certain you were joking about me not being good. I can defend myself very well on 1/1 but I will bet that me as a medic against a sniper, start off 200m+ from each other I will get him 80% of the time.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6692|Hell's prison
https://www.el1te-gamers.com/modules/SigHost/images/sigs/o-srsly.jpg
mporlier
+42|6647|Montreal, Canada

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Hell yes. gimme an m16 and I'll shoot those snipers in the head before they realised what happened

proudly averaging 3:1 KD as infantry thesedays, including armor/claymore/arty deaths

http://www.statpadder.com:8080/bf2calc/ … 1150597740
Yes half of your kills are in vehicule... Kidding, you have very good stats!
Entertayner
+826|6578

meh, dont post if your not gonna contribute to this heated discussion
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6548|Doncaster UK

Sarge1.4 wrote:

Since when is my face made out of bricks? I'd like to see your wookie suit protect you once I'm close
ONCE I'M CLOSE
lol
yeah like thats going to happen, you will be screaming i need a medic b4 you even get to say sniper spotted
sagexp
+16|6561
What maps are ye on about ?? I cant see Medics beating snipers on Wake, Kubra etc. the larger maps but in close quarter maps  the medics would have a bit of an advantage. But at distance ? medics would spent more time healing each other than firing back which might mean the snipers run out of bullets. How does that reflect when the enemy run out of bullets cause you have more lead in your ass than a number 2 pencil ?? Different maps different results and a boring endless debate

*Dont argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience, and neg karma you saying something like noob*
Major Payne
+18|6787|Netherlands
ke ill play as sniper but i cant play now i must go to sport
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6554
If you want to really make this "fair" if there is such a thing: Snipers vs. Medics except someone mod it out so that Snipers don't get Clays and Medics can't revive or toss health packs.

It'd just be rifles, pistols, and nades, no Karkand with a bajillion claymores around each flag, no cluster-fuck of medics screaming CLEAR!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard