chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Ok, so check it: EA has hooked me up with 10 copies of BF2:SF. Now I need to give these away (what am I gonna do with 10 boxes?)

The dilemma is deciding HOW to give these out. Me and the mods have tossed around a few ideas; notably a screenshot contest, and photomanip contest, a 'stats scavenger hunt' contest, and even a 'best comic' contest. Nothing so far, however, has really struck a chord with me.

So, while I had planned on announcing the contest this weekend, I am instead asking: What would you like the contest to be?

I'll pick one by mid week and get it running
Underoos
+0|6715
How about the first 10 to have a screen shot of knifing BlaZin.uk

ummm...where do i pick up my prize???
macht_tot
+0|6710
Vehicle ID challenge.... sorta like the friendly/threat identification class in the military. Like a pic in a forum Win a copy of BF2:SF sticky 'what is this' aka:

[img]http://www.enemyforces.com/artillery/g6rhino.jpg[/img]

only host the image on your server with a random file name so ppl can't google it too easily

Last edited by macht_tot (2005-11-13 22:40:57)

m4sopmod
+1|6723
I say

3X Best movie
3X Best stats (no stats padding)
3X Active in bf2s threads (relevant topics)
1X for urself

Cheers
midgetspy
+3|6798
A timed quiz about bf2s's history (specifics!)

Nic
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6737|Arizona
The first 10 ppl to post to this thread.    Where's my copy?
macht_tot
+0|6710
I'll second that...

Last edited by macht_tot (2005-11-13 22:42:29)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
i'll third that...and fourth it.

no matter what you choose, people arent going to be grateful and theyll say it was unfair or something...i like the idea of people who are most active on here even though i would probably be out of the running since i just signed up not too long ago.
Chard
+1|6802|Christchurch, New Zealand
YUS!!! i get one!!!!
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6751
Sell them on eBay
GTKtino
+0|6740
the best story lines using screenshots.
or best comic using screenshots.

i think thats the best way, it will give it to the most creative people around here.

or you can do a lottery ,
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6721|Derby, England
Organise a BF2 competition, with ten people teams per side.
Give them to the people who have done the most for the battlefield community.
Have a 'best of the best' day with a certain weapon - maybe the most kills with a knife in 24 hours.
A 'caption' competition, with a screenie from BF2 each day. Most amusing gets copy.

I think anyone who has produced a movie should automatically get one! They are way too difficult to produce. I guess this is probably a good thing, because it stops all the junk movies appearing! [rant] "Ooh, look at my 7337 movie, I do a barrel roll in the jet". hmm. [/rant]

(edit: just thought of another)

Last edited by Thanatos247 (2005-11-13 23:22:20)

=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6791|Belgium

Simple, don't hold a contest, but hand them out to those who contributed the most to this marvellous site and forum. e.g. the UBAR people, moderators, and you. They all contributed a wealth to this community and have more than rightly so, earned a little physical 'thank you'...

Cheers,
R

Ps.: but if you really want a contest, you can always hold a gamers slang bang versus linguist grammar queen contest.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6808|A Small Isle in the Tropics

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Simple, don't hold a contest, but hand them out to those who contributed the most to this marvellous site and forum. e.g. the UBAR people, moderators, and you. They all contributed a wealth to this community and have more than rightly so, earned a little physical 'thank you'...

Cheers,
R

Ps.: but if you really want a contest, you can always hold a gamers slang bang versus linguist grammar queen contest.
yeah, the mods and UBAR contributors certainly deserve the expansion pack. i'll vote for that.

otherwise, try "My Funniest Moments in BF2"..and put it to poll. We need humour, not slanging
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
I like what Robin Hood said.

But yet, the idea of competing in a BF2 tornument on the BF2s.com server seems plausable too.

You'd either have to pick the teams or just have people sign up to enter it. Make it ladder based, and only the top 9 or 10 get to take the copy. Wish they would have given you more though, as it would be a little fairer in the event of a tournement.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-11-13 23:38:16)

Crypto_420
+25|6813|Portland
I will buy one or two off you for 15.00 each!!!!!!!!!RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

An idea could be to give them to the highest ranking people that has posted a reply to this thread; or give to the people thats signed up to BF2s.com the longest  Notice I signed up on 8/02/05

Either way,  I need a copy right now!

PM me about a deal on the 2 copies plz!

Thanks,
Crypto_420

Last edited by Crypto_420 (2005-11-14 00:01:03)

DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6818

Crypto_420 wrote:

I will buy one or two off you for 15.00 each!!!!!!!!!RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
An idea could be to give them to the highest ranking people that has posted a reply to this thread; or give to the people thats signed up to BF2s.com the longest  Notice I signed up on 8/02/05
Either way,  I need a copy right now!
PM me about a deal on the 2 copies plz!
Thanks,
Crypto_420
http://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
http://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
http://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
http://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg
I hope that's all a joke.

And chuyskywalker, did EA just rock up to you and go,
"Would you like ten free copies of a game that hasn't been released yet?"
Lucky thing.

BTW, I signed up before you.
There are many more people who signed up before me as well.

BTWBTW, note I'm 43 your something like 443!

Last edited by DogGunn (2005-11-14 00:08:07)

Crypto_420
+25|6813|Portland
NOTE: so far in thread,   you and me signed up together basicaly,  and theres a total of 10 copies so we would both get a copy.   

unless we go by rank in this thread then I have you beat.

Another idea,  100,000 Road kills in Ground Deffense

Last edited by Crypto_420 (2005-11-14 00:17:14)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

I bought the mods and admins a copy already The give away contest is for the users.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

So far the caption/story-line idea sounds the most appealing -- something a little bit different.
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6818

chuyskywalker wrote:

So far the caption/story-line idea sounds the most appealing -- something a little bit different.
Yeah it was really fun for the comp that IGN was running.
http://games.internode.on.net/images/co … canaan.jpg
Thats just one of them.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6779|UK
chuy, this is an admirable thing to do, but unfortunately most people who put forth ideas will suggest things that they can, or believe they can, win. Of course this isn't always the case, I was going to say pretty much what Robin Hood said, but seems you've covered that situation again (and well deserved too for the admins and contributors to this fine site).

I've already pre-ordered my copy so this isn't something I'd necessarily join in with, but here's a couple of ideas from my Monday morning brain:

- A good old fashioned show-down with pistols. On an unranked server, put people into tournament style pairings, ten-paces apart and fire. The one left standing progresses.
- War-stories: short tales from the battlefront. The most interesting (poll voted perhaps) being the winner.
- "I want to be in the 'special' forces": people do their best impression of someone in the special forces with home made gadgetry and take pictures of themselves. Has that nice embarrasment factor and the chance to dress up.
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6818
What about selecting 10 people from random.
(Only from the people who have donated of course)
You already have their email address, this also means people will donate money to get a chance at winning?
[BGE]Cha-Chi
+5|6710
Hmm, well it is the Special Forces expansion so why not make it a Special Forces type competition.  Maybe top 10 end game spec op scores.  Get some screenies and have people either send them in via a contest email or create a seperate forum page to post screen shots of the endgame results.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6745|Hamburg, Germany
How about a "best improvement for bf2s.com" contest?
Although it would be very hard to come up with good ideas...

But i also like the idea of a pistol shootout and i'd like to play a little with Photoshop and max....
Don't let me win a coppy i need to sleep...but then again i'll probably buy bfsf anyway...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard