[PHPR]-SpecialOps
+18|6816|Your six is my twelve
i got my expert knife in sharqi peninsula, theres a ranked server called ccc frathouse that has like 700 tickets, i got about 40 knife kills in one round there, you should dfinitly give that a try.  Dolphin diving also helps out qutie a bit.

Last edited by [PHPR]-SpecialOps (2005-11-13 16:47:14)

oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au

[PHPR]-SpecialOps wrote:

Dolphin diving also helps out qutie a bit.
for the nubs out there (i.e. me), what does this mean?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6808|NRW,Germany
going prone while jumping
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au
ahhhhh cool. i have done this a bit, but didn't know there was a name for it (have only been playing bf2 for a couple of weeks).
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au

[PHPR]-SpecialOps wrote:

theres a ranked server called ccc frathouse that has like 700 tickets, i got about 40 knife kills in one round there, you should dfinitly give that a try.
just looked it up - as its in the US and i'm on the other side of the planet, its not really an option, ping-wise. Anyone suggest a good server with heaps of tickets in Australia? Or a way to find one?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6878|Bryan/College Station, TX
I'm simply cursed with the Knife Badge. Either I miss or I get killed before getting to my target. The few knife kills I can get are when they don't know I'm coming and that's hard to do when the action is heavy.

I'm just unlucky I think. All the other badges were easy.. knife is my bane of existance. *shakes fist*
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au

kilroy0097 wrote:

I'm just unlucky I think. All the other badges were easy.. knife is my bane of existance. *shakes fist*
same here... i've only got 4 basic badges left to get, and the freakin knife is the only one I don't frequently come close to getting. I know I'll get the others soon, but this one is just pissing me off!

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-11-13 20:01:30)

Figure
+0|6774|NC
i got my basic explosives badge it tok me forever....i have my veteran knife i need 4 more knife kills to be able to get  expert knife BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE 18 IN ONE ROUND GOOD GOD
Club3D
+31|6876

Major Payne wrote:

try a server called knife and pistol only
Any hints where those servers are?
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6776

-=Meshekal=- wrote:

I found the knife badge fairly easy to get, got 12 knife kills in a round. On Karkand, 64 server. Pick up and enemy assault/support kit, take out the knife, find an enemy squad, and jump in and start swinging. Bound to get at least 2 kills before the confusion wears off.

Now, the Explosive Ordinance Badger...impossible. I just can't do that,
my best advice to you http://files.filefront.com/Suicidekeenw … fileinfo.h

Last edited by Boomer1120 (2005-11-14 10:16:16)

Icleos
+101|6776
I wasn't going for my veteran pistol badge and I got it unexpectedly.
Probably because I play as sniper a lot and I rely on the pistol all the time.  *Hugs pistol* ^^

As for the knife badge.  Just work real hard on it.  Look for snipers and campers.
Sneak around or behind and then give them a new hole.
One time while I was behind enemy lines.  I climbed up a building to get a good sniping position.
And what do you know...  There were three enemies camping and picking people off.  Knifed the first guy, then the second guy, and right when the third guy turned around.  He got a knife right in the face.  =P

Last edited by Icleos (2005-11-14 10:28:45)

nating75
+0|6811

Nyte wrote:

Yawn, I eat Assault/Anti-Tank/Support players of all skill levels with my knife.

900+ players have gotten bwned trying to Tube/PKM/DAO-12 me.
Holy crap, I've only seen this happen once or twice. Somebodies head got so big he can litterally kiss his own ass!

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-14 14:29:36)

RadeonII
+1|6809

Boomer1120 wrote:

-=Meshekal=- wrote:

I found the knife badge fairly easy to get, got 12 knife kills in a round. On Karkand, 64 server. Pick up and enemy assault/support kit, take out the knife, find an enemy squad, and jump in and start swinging. Bound to get at least 2 kills before the confusion wears off.

Now, the Explosive Ordinance Badger...impossible. I just can't do that,
my best advice to you http://files.filefront.com/Suicidekeenw … fileinfo.h
This worked for me today, after watching the video I did it with in 2 games.. still waitting forthe badge to update
Kriznik
+0|6806

geeno wrote:

It's almost impossible to get in in an intense action, I really don't understand why they made it so hard to get. I'm so pissed that i'm about playing another game !
why so hard? come on! ... because IT IS HARD .. so this cant do anybody ... why? because this is for real skill this isnt something what can do every day, you have to have good commander who spot or UAV on you, you have to have a lot of time and of course GOOD LUCK

it is hard and so we which did it (and working on expert) are PROUD ... if this badge will can do any player ... it will suck

so i did it, and im proud
try get it and stop crying!
Kriznik
+0|6806

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Find a 24/7 Karkand server and go nuts.

Also this is more of a complaint.
i really dont understand WHY everyone recomending this map ....

i did my Basic and Veteran knife on ZATAR WETLANDS (64/64)

its great map with few really good places where snipers and antitanks shoot on your team .. so be cool, hard, and you can do it on everymap ... (i think except Operation Clean Sweep )
Kriznik
+0|6806

[PHPR]-SpecialOps wrote:

i got my expert knife in sharqi peninsula, theres a ranked server called ccc frathouse that has like 700 tickets, i got about 40 knife kills in one round there, you should dfinitly give that a try.  Dolphin diving also helps out qutie a bit.
do anyone have IP address? when i put name to name field and try search i got empty list.....
Galen1066
+1|6794|Colo. Springs
I thought all the "Knife & Pistol" servers had been shut down by EA, if not that's cool, if so oh well.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6805|AUS, Canberra

geeno wrote:

It's almost impossible to get in in an intense action, I really don't understand why they made it so hard to get. I'm so pissed that i'm about playing another game !

The worse is that I got it a day, but it wasn't recorded by the EA server... fir this EA and DICE really suck in being unablme to collect the sats a correct way !

I'm PISSED !
so you met the reqs in game yet your complaining how how it is to get???...mmmmm
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6785|Derby, England
I got my basic knife on Sharqi running around the levels of the construction yard. I got my veteran on Karkand stabbing people in the head as they came through the gap in the fence. I dont think the 7 kills with a knife is too hard.

However... I'm still trying for my expert. Personal opinion - I wont go on a 'knife' server because it means my medal is worthless. I would rather remember how and where I got it, and the poor devil I knifed in the back of the head. Ha ha, the head, THE HEAD.. MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... ahem.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6809|Noizyland

supa_fly52 wrote:

is that what you call a knife!?, THIS is a knife, thats not a knife thats a spoon. Oh, ive seen you've played knifey spoony before.
Hee hee. Simpsons rule.

oberst_enzian, try ICONZ 64 player server. The number of tickets is pretty high and it's a New Zealand based server. I might see you there if 1.03 starts working. Unfortunatly I have to find ping-ridden 1.02 servers. Damn I wish they'd hurry up and fix it! I am being VERY patient here!

And knife kills are fun! It's great to humiliate the other guy. I remember on Fushe Pass, our team was winning. Two Aussie guys were saying to each other, "Hey, get the last guy with a knife to bum him out." We knew he was trying to take a flag and since I was closest, I got the knife kill, to much praise from the Aussie guys.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-14 15:52:00)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au
hahaha! that's funny. thanks: I have an ip for iconz now, will look for ya.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6773
Assault kit for armor.  Knife on US side, Sharqqi Peninsula.  Go to typical sniper points, or hide in the alleyway by the second flag to the west.  I got mine pretty quick like that.

Pistol - Same thing, sharqii peninsula, I think I did sniper combat but did pistol for all damage. 

Explosive Ordinance - again sharqii peninsula.  Did some flag camping, bunny hopping to suicide, suicide cars, etc.  This was by far the hardest badge to get.

The patch made the others too easy.  I did find the more experience I got with urban combat, the easier the badge was to get.  I think I got pistol, Knife, Explosive ordinance in the last 500 points before I hit the next rank to get first sargent
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au
i got explosive on karkand - c4x3 up the wall beside the southern-most capturable flag (first flag if you're on the US side), hide nearby, and wait for a vhicle to stop beside the wall to cap the flag. If its a tank then usually you get two kills for the price of one, and if you have enough time to stick the other c4x2 inside, beside the flag, then you also get whatever infantry go and lie there to cap it. I got the badge in, like, 5 minutes this way.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6780

The best way to get Vet/Expert Knife is to team up with a buddy and both take medic on Sharqi or Karkand. Squad up and use your sprint and medic packs to your advantage. If you die, your buddy will revive you and vice versa as well as spam medic packs all over. If you aren't revived in time, swap squad leaders quickly (only allow you and your buddy in your squad) and spawn on eachother. Prone jump at people and press stab when your chars body contacts theirs.

The best places to do this are sneaking into the TV station on sharqi and knifing/shock paddle all the snipers/heli campers on top. Spam medic bags all over as you wait for them to spawn - knife is one shot kill so the bags wont help them. On karkand sneak into the USA front base and have one person hide behind the rock near the artillery and the other person under the shady roof. Spam medic bags all over and wait for them to spawn, then sprint at them, dive, jump, stab, rinse repeat until you land a hit. If you die your buddy will be able to stab the guy while he's going for you, and then he can revive you.

The biggest advantage you have as a knifer is people get panicky when you get close to them and they start spraying and praying as opposed to clearing their head and taking good shots. Dont spam jump, but prone then jump and press prone again, your body will fly horizontally at their chest level and stab at them when you make contact not before. The hardest people to kill are ppl with shot guns and machine guns, everyone else is a pretty easy kill. Also, now that the ranking system has changed and more people have unlocks you will find it harder to get kills then it was when everyone had weaker guns Waiting for people to reload their primary/switch to secondary is an opportune time to run at them and go for the stab. The shock paddles are harder then the knife, but nothings funnier then seeing XXX [shockpaddles] noob.

SirNick and I did this to great effect; however, I ended up with 16 knife kills while he got 18

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard