Poll

What is more important/ has more influence on success in BF2?

Latest Hardware20%20% - 31
Experience47%47% - 73
Talent32%32% - 49
Total: 153
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6758|Germany, Berlin
HEY!

so, i was wondering what u think, whats more important. i know that all 3 factors affect ones style of playing and success, but what do you think is the most important one?

i believe its hardware, because it provides the easiest way of improving and gaining experience, which can be called skillz after some time.

1on1killa
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6723|Antarctica
Hardware and Experience.  Talent helps you to get good faster, but it not the sole key to success imo.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6595|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
All those are needed...if you have experience but your running on a pentium 3 1000 mhz with integrated video card...youll get owned...if you have the better rig ever but no talent...youll get owned anyway...Know what i mean...

If you have 33% in each your ok
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6758|Germany, Berlin
lol, i agree, 33% should do the job.
GM_Sniper
One Shot Kill!
+4|6629
I would say talent, because it leads to experience regardless of the hardware.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6615|Seattle

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Hardware and Experience.  Talent helps you to get good faster, but it not the sole key to success imo.
Tactics, training and using the right equiptment.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
tupla_s
+455|6610|Finland
I chose them all 'cos I think they all are

Roger Lesboules wrote:

All those are needed...if you have experience but your running on a pentium 3 1000 mhz with integrated video card...youll get owned...if you have the better rig ever but no talent...youll get owned anyway...Know what i mean...

What should I do with the 1%?
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
Both apart from hardware.Partly because i don't buy things for my PC and partly because i like to think people who pay more don't have an advantage in BF2.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6769|Chicago.
I think that experience and talent play a crutial role in the matter of success in Battlefield 2.

They are both integral parts of learning, one follows the other. Talent in conjunction with learned experience are invaluable on the digital battlefield. So what if you have the most high tech rig on the planet? If you don't have the talent and experience in your chosen game, you will get absolutley no where. Lag free, in beautiful graphical envirionments, but none the less, nowhere.
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6758|Germany, Berlin
that 1% is the luck u have every now and then, like shooting a full loaded black hawk...
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6595|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
00.1 % lacking...sometime like that...well this one is luck as 1on1 said!
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6637|Manitowoc, WI
like many people have said they all help.  some people (actually it isnt uncommon) have a natural talen (i guess) for FPS.  if you are no good at those kinds of games then you wont be good at BF2.  Experience also very big.  you learn what weapon to use at what time.  what parts of the map you need to attack and defend (like the east island on karkand and NOT THE HOTEL).  and if you have crappy hardware with an average ping of 200 and get 10 frames per second then you arnt going to do very well either
Cursed You
+64|6605|Idaho
I'd vote for experience being the top of the pack of those three.  Anyone can have a nice rig, maybe bunny hop every now and then and mess up the hit box, but if you know where they are gonna go, and you know how to counter their attacks, then you've got it down.

My computer sucks btw :p
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6614|England
I'd say Experience, then hardware.
I have a sucky computer, and I quite often get killed by people I can't even see, because my computer can't handle anything except 800 x 600 at all low.
Then again, I occasionally will have a great round and do really well. Despite other people having better computers and an advantage over me because of it.

If you don't believe better hardware gives an advantage, you try playing 800 x 600 at all low.
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6822|Uk
Talent no doubt
Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6585|Where I don't know where I am.
Talent won't tell you that there's a guy sitting up on a balcony hiding under a solar-panel with a PKM, just waiting to blow you away when you walk around a corner.

Experience will teach you how to handle your weapons and also the obvious camping spots, as well as how to deal with those hiding there.

Talent will give you an initial edge against those that have the same experience as you, and hardware will make your war a little prettier than mine.
Lt.Oreo
+9|6536|in your pants :)
talent...me and my friend (froznriegn) have natral talent fo online games...give us like a week and we will be good...some people have it, some don't
R0lyP0ly
+161|6671|USA

tupla_s wrote:

I chose them all 'cos I think they all are

Roger Lesboules wrote:

What should I do with the 1%?
sell it
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6608|Your attic
Hardware and experience imo, Obviously not the latest and greatest Fx-62 with a pair of 7950's, but being able to play with a good FPS on high settings will give you an edge. Experience gives you the ability to anticipate what your enemy might do, more often then not people are predictable and do the same thing over and over.

Learning maps comes with experience, when you know a map well enough you know what's likely to come around the corner.

However sheer talent combined with expierence and good hardware is what makes the best players. (not me )
NASTY_BUTLER
+41|6531|Infiltrating the Smurf Village
I find it hilarious and unbelievable that COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK is not included in this poll.

I hear the most successful gang in BF2 that plays in the same servers you do values that above all.   Maybe you should check out how THEY play.

TOP, we have more fun than you...........and we do it as a team.
Ben>You
+90|6544
talent and experience. hardware doesnt matter as long as you don't lag, in fact i think its easier to see things in low settings, even though i could go up to "Very High" if they had it.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6690|Colorado
Hardware.

If your in the map before everyone else, you have first pick & are first to a flag.

gg.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6807|Singapore

Size of testicles.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6713|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
it's a combination of all 3 imho
Poppycock
+16|6561|Bellevue, NE

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

it's a combination of all 3 imho
Yeah, I agree. You can have some really amazing skill and tons of hours, but if you play on a commodore 64 odds arn't to good that you'll live very long......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard