wraithpilot
+0|6768
I recently downloaded forgotten hope and ever since then I been havingthis display issue.  When I get into a game of BF2, forgotten hope or the old 1942, there is a big blank line down the middle of my screen.  It always seems to be originating from the main base.  I can get out to another flag and as long as I don't turn towards the main flag I'm ok.  But as soon as I turn towards it, this line shows up and I can't see anything.  It's kinda like a wall of nothing on my screen. 

I have gone as far as removing everything including BF2, special forces, euro forces, and the latest armored fury, which now I cant redownload, and all of the forgotten hope data.  I just finished reloading all of the BF2 data and I still have that damn video glitch. 

HAs anyone else experienced this?  here is the screenshot that I took while in a game.  If you look just right of my AK, you see the video problem.  It had only started after I installed Forgotten hope .70.  Now all of my battlefield games have this issue.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/schmol/screen002.jpg

Last edited by wraithpilot (2006-06-27 04:08:57)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6885|Cologne, Germany

moved to BF2 - Help....

and no, haven't encountered this.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6754|Groningen / Netherlands
post your screen uplaod it to www.imageshack.us you can find it in my documents-->battlefield2-->screenshots
wraithpilot
+0|6768
Thanks for moving my post, I realized where I posted it after the fact...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6780

Im having that issue too, but then with tanks in particular. It seem a graphics glitch and sometimes I see nothing and other times it is only visible in external view.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6718|Moscow, Russia
Well, maybe a lame advice, but have you checked your video drivers? Even if you have the latest, you should try reinstalling them.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6754|Groningen / Netherlands
that is a well known problam it is either your grafics card is out of date or simply broken maybe, thats the 2 things i can think of
wraithpilot
+0|6768
Just unistalled and reinstalled my video drivers and I think it has gotten worse:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/schmol/screen003.jpg

I even followed EA Games advice on their website(display corruption section) and nothing.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6781
looks like a bad card to me.
wraithpilot
+0|6768
It's weird, it works fine with soem other games I have, but then again, they don't put such a strain on the graphics card as BF2 does.  I just hate to drop another $300+ for another card and it's not the problem.
ShockTherapy
+11|6647|Swindon, UK
Had a simular problem, sorted it by turning the anti aliasing off.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6655|balls
thats what a $300 video card screenie looks like?????  what is your card?
wraithpilot
+0|6768
it was $300 at the time I bought it...BFG 6800 GT OC. I think it has a lifetime warranty on it. the bad thing is I wasn't the original owner and I don't have the receipt to claim the warranty.   One other thing I noticed, my 17" LCD monitor is 2 different colors.  the left side is dark and the right side is a kinda purple color.  Could it be my monitor?  I don't have a extra to try to see if it is.

Last edited by wraithpilot (2006-06-28 18:26:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard