travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6697|U.S
the titan mode in 2142 is somewhat a naval battle where you have to destroy the enemy titan or cruiser.
Slyxer
+1|6516
Yeah, naval warfare would be pretty cool. I especially like the sub idea, but subs would only be useful if you could sink other ships... which would really make the game unfair. It would be awesome going around in a submarine blowing up things. They could do a lot of damage in water-based maps like Wake Island.

Moving carriers would be cool. They could be like super-ships with full time radar and sonar (to prevent subs from being too powerful), and kick-ass weapons like railguns and missiles. Only problem: in real life, carriers have huge crews with hundreds of men. Oh well, it's a game, they could stretch things a bit. Long-range ballistic railguns would be awesome, maybe as another commander asset or a gun turret. Real railguns take a while to recharge, so it wouldn't be an unfair advantage.

Also, moving spawn points could be prettty useful. But if a carrier sinks, what happens? Does it respawn, or does a new one come from the edge of the map, or is it gone for good? Or maybe carriers could remain unsinkable.
BURNT TOAST
+1|6513
I want battle ships!!!!!!!!
BURNT TOAST
+1|6513
I think the only pronlem with naval battle is that it will drag people of the "island" to the ships and who will I fight : (
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6658|Canada Eh?

logan-x wraith wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

im serious though.
well its a war simulation game, we dont play it to throw flowers and play paddycake.
LOL. thats great +1 for you
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6629|New Hampshire, USA
What i think they shulda done, instead of putting the arty on islands or small peices of land like on oman, is they shuld have put a small destroyer next to the carrier like wake in bf1942.  The ship's guns would be the exact same as regular arty, but just look cooler cause they are ship guns.  I mean, it's no different than having the scan trailer or uav on the carrier.  Also, you could spawn on the destroyer and use some of those miniboats like they hvae on the carrier.... ehhh... just a thought
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
bakarocket
+12|6547
Modelling submarines and ships has already been done for the BF2 engine by a couple of mods, most notably Forgotten Hope. It's not impossible on the BF2 engine, and I also agree that naval battles would be fun. In fact, I want Naval battles so much that I'm not playing BF2 until FH2 comes out.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
dont think they will fit this in before 2142, gg.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6642|Cumberland, MD, USA
I miss Midway.
BVC
+325|6693
Naval battles with moving ships might work...but there are way more retards in BF2 than there ever was in BF1942...remember how fucked off you got when some little shit drove the boat off the map on Omaha Beach?  Or beaching the carrier on Iwo Jima?

Maybe some sort of unmovable ship would be better?  Say a destroyer or missile frigate, it'd certainly be more realistic than having cannons onshore, or just building a little island on Wake...give it 1-3 launchers/cannons depending on the map, one Phalanx and some RIHBs...sorted
SiMSaM16
+48|6691|United States of America

T0rr3nt wrote:

no. modern armies have no use for such ships except the aircraft carrier anymore. those days are long over.
Definately not true... I watch the Military Channel.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6521|the Netherlands

Presul wrote:

What about ships other than the aircraft carrier? Destroyers, Cruisers, and subs in battles between the US and China? I'd like to see that. It's been too long since any of the battlefield games have been at sea. I'd play a fleet battle map out in the South China sea or in the middle of the pacific, anyone else?
yep me like !!

Coral sea map 1942 for bf2 ... with all the planes/choppers thta spwn each 2 minutes would be nice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard