SteikeTa
+153|6768|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Oh no.. i got negativ karma for loving base rape.... man... i think i will stop with it..... not
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6585|Area 51

LightMagic wrote:

Hi

I was on one of the new armored fury maps but this goes for all the maps that have these in, our team manage to take all the capable flags so we decided to attack the hq of the map which was an uncapable base and was told by admin to leave base or get kicked. surely this is unfair?. I personally feel there shouldn't be any uncapable bases on any battlefield 2,euro,armored fury maps.
Hell, screw that admin, sure its extremely annoying when spawning and finding yourself dead 3 seconds later, but, except for Wake, usually this is the fault of their own team, because they didn't work together, and so the other team did, and so they should be rewarded by raping that base, unless it are just 2 plain stupid teams, in which one just got lucky
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6611|Reisterstown, MD

I think the majority of the time if a team is getting raped at their uncap, it is most likely their fault because they didn't have enough teamplay to hold a flag.  I don't have a problem with people raping any flag.  I've been in enough rapes to know that it is very unpleasant but I have also done my share of raping.  It is part of the game.  There is no point in ppl complaining about it.  If you don't like it, there are hundreds of other servers to visit.
00smeris[NL]
+19|6570
yeah it sucks but its part of it
PCShooterNoob
+22|6560|Florida
I'm almost never a fan of spawnkilling...but if your team is shitty enough to have lost every spawn point but one...then what's the other team supposed to do?  Sit around in their bases with split defending forces and wait for a coordinated attack?  If a team only has one more spawn point left, cappable or uncappable...then it's free game as far as I'm concerned.  Your inability to play competently is no reason the other team should have to stand back and circle jerk each other.
Dirtracer90
+8|6706
base raping is legit in my opinion when there are no others  because ur team sux enough and doesn play well enough as a team

however when there are bases to be taken and ur in the upcappable  then it can be annoying but just simply dont spawn there
Sea_JayUK
+19|6543|Notts
Going into an Uncappable base is fair game in my opinion (and EA's for that matter) however pointing your gun at a spawn point and waiting for the enemy to appear is totally out of order, the reason being that it offers no chance to the person spawning.

Surely once you've spawned at your uncap you are in the same situation as if you were at a cappable flag, the enemies in front of you and you have to attack? Why do people have a problem with this?

Spawn Raping is both unfair and deserves to be punished (kick / banned) at the worst it can be considered padding as it takes no skill.

So to sum up:    Attacking people IN an uncappable base is Base Raping
                        Waiting and Attacking people immediately as they spawn is spawn raping

Lets not confuse the two.

BTW: For those who want servers which do not kick / Ban for Attacking Uncaps try the TV2 servers, or even EA Official.

(all of the above is my personal opinion, if you disagree please quote me and tell me why)
Chorcai
+49|6668|Ireland

LightMagic wrote:

Hi

I was on one of the new armored fury maps but this goes for all the maps that have these in, our team manage to take all the capable flags so we decided to attack the hq of the map which was an uncapable base and was told by admin to leave base or get kicked. surely this is unfair?. I personally feel there shouldn't be any uncapable bases on any battlefield 2,euro,armored fury maps.
Ive been on this server that has no rules per say, apart from TK'ing, and in a normal game an odd j10 would get by the 2 maned AA guns, if a plane is seen its spotted so every one runs for covers I think if your team has somewhat got its head out of its arse beisdes been mine mine mine seagulls, then the so called baseraper would get bored with only 1=3 kills and the thought of 2 man AA guns isnt worth it.

Also on Wake island whats with the thick'os flying the chopper ?? Time and time again I see them just fly straight passed the tanks and jeeps just sitting at the end of part of the island. Its the 1st thing you do if ya get the bloody chopper take out the tanks its lets people get on the island is that too much to ask !!!
Iron_Father_Wood
+1|6648|New Zealand

viserov wrote:

I am one of the ones who have no problems attacking an uncap. This is a game of simulated war, meaning that it's tactically unsound to allow your enemy to have a safe zone to regroup and resupply. If you are being attacked at your uncapped, then spawn somewhere else; if that is your only spawn point, then you deserve the raping. That is just in my opinion, though. Some would say that while you are baseraping an uncap, you're not helping your team on the mainland; I think this is untrue: keeping the enemy's armor and air support from launching is a great benefit for the rest of your team.
I agree. Why have all that ground defense at the main if it's not to be used.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6543|Notts
Totally agree, Ground defence is there to be used.
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6705|The Netherlands
Teams that suck deserve to get raped:p

it is not a good idea btw.. if 1 escapes ur team is screwed if they have 1 flag (like 1 of the flags in the center of karkand, they will spray ur ass)
panzer830x
+4|6539

Sea_JayUK wrote:

Going into an Uncappable base is fair game in my opinion (and EA's for that matter) however pointing your gun at a spawn point and waiting for the enemy to appear is totally out of order, the reason being that it offers no chance to the person spawning.

Surely once you've spawned at your uncap you are in the same situation as if you were at a cappable flag, the enemies in front of you and you have to attack? Why do people have a problem with this?

Spawn Raping is both unfair and deserves to be punished (kick / banned) at the worst it can be considered padding as it takes no skill.

So to sum up:    Attacking people IN an uncappable base is Base Raping
                        Waiting and Attacking people immediately as they spawn is spawn raping

Lets not confuse the two.

BTW: For those who want servers which do not kick / Ban for Attacking Uncaps try the TV2 servers, or even EA Official.

(all of the above is my personal opinion, if you disagree please quote me and tell me why)
panzer830x
+4|6539
are you stupid whats thwe point of going to a uncappable base if you wont base rape...i cringe at your stupidity
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6562|Winterpeg, Canada
Base Rape = Fun and good points
Fun and Good Points = A happy gamer
Masta_Daco
+39|6757|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
well i don't mind base raping but wouldn't it be better if u had random spawn points like you choose a spawn point and you dint spawn like everyone else on the same spot, cuz on kark there is a spawn where if u park an APC or an Humvee/vodnik you can shoot anyone that spawns, i also know all the spawns of kark so its easy base raping for me if i feel to. i think this would reduce the spawn rape.

Last edited by Masta_Daco (2006-07-04 20:10:25)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6551|Boston, MA
I think attacking uncappable bases is allowed. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's only two rules anybody should play by:

1) No Cheating
2) No Exploiting

Everything else goes, it's war. Like people said, it's a war simulator. Do you think Iraq is yelling at the USA for taking over key points. Should we back off so they can have time to regroup and attack us? No, we take control early and milk it for as much as we can. Especially if there's nowhere else to attack. Besides, the other army is supposed to hate you, you're not trying to play fair so they will befriend you, what are you fighting for?
OpsChief
+101|6696|Southern California

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

Anybody know of any servers where anything goes ?
TBH i don't care if i get baseraped, basically because my team allowed it to happen.
It's not AF but:

=THB= Karkand+Sharqi+ 3rd rotating jet map every few days. Server plays the full strategic 360 degree non-linear warfighter game they way BF2 was intended. NO SPAWN FENCES to keep the kiddies playground safe. Using vehicles as weapons is OK too (roadkilling, ramming, jihad jeeping). 

Only Three rules- Respect Others, Don't Cheat, Teamwork required - skill or be pwned.
[EA ROE is enforced].

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-07-04 21:37:47)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6729|Wilmington, DE, US
I think my big issue is on Kubra dam. The US jets will rape Intake to their hearts content but if you even think about doing it to the US base it's "spawn raping." So you're allowed to get jets off the ground as much as you like but the MEC can't? This is where I like to argue semantics as the US airfield is a seperate spawn that does not have a flag unlike the BH/Armor spawn
Wicked97
+5|6546

{USI}_Zombie wrote:

I don't have a problem with this rule as long as it's qualified:
  No attacking a UC unless all other flags are taken
Thats exactly the rule we employ on our server.

It serves as a happy medium between the people that whine about baseraping and the people who whine about not being able to rape.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard