Poll

Should reapir points be changed to 5 points each?

Yes, That would be awsome!66%66% - 170
No, Its good as it stands33%33% - 84
Total: 254
TngoWsky
+5|6585|MS
Like the others have said.....2 points for full repair....1 for 1/2. Repair time should matter if it was like this.
[killer]manxs
+148|6649|San Diego C.A.
Maby someone can send this to EA so they can change it in the new patch!!   p.s. im lazy and i dont know how too tell them

Last edited by [killer]manxs (2006-06-26 20:38:08)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere
i think that instead of getting 5 points (WAY to much) you should just get them 5 times faster.  I mean, repairing an asset from 200% damage still only gets you 1 point.. wtf man??  I think just getting them faster would be the key, especially since i mostly repair my tank... which normally doesn't have anyone in it, so i dont get repair points hardly at all...
Spiderman696
+12|6647
I think 1 point per 30-50 % you repair.
So you get 2-3 points. And you get the points on a regular basis.
SiMSaM16
+48|6694|United States of America
I think they should shorten what it takes to get a repair and heal point. They should also allow you to swing the wrench as a weapon (primary fire) and repair (secondary fire).
heman6666
+2|6524|Vettefan du
Play more if you want them i dont care about them so much i have ca 100
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
it wood be betta if we made it into 1 point per bar used
slidero
One point for every 75% of repair would make more sense.
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6774

soad1583 wrote:

I agree that earning repair points can be tricky, but some of you make it sound like it's impossible.  I got the Basic and Veteran Badges pretty easy and I wasn't padding or cheating in any way.  I've had many rounds with over 10 repair points and have come close to 20 a couple times.  Sometimes you'll even come across these idiots who love to drop cars on the USMC artillery at Karkand.  I got over 30 repair points in 1 round because this guy kept doing it over and over again.  He killed me a lot because he would drop artillery on me, but I didn't care that much because how often will you get a chance like that to get that many repair points.  I don't always try to get repair points when i'm playing as an engineer, but when I do, I can normally get a decent amount.  I think it should be a bit faster earning a repair point.  Not as fast as it is to earn an ammo point, but just a little bit longer then it is to earn a heal point (which would be faster then it is now) because if you think about it, if you're in a real war zone, it takes no time at all to resupply your soldiers and patch up a few open wounds (depending on how serious it is of course) compared to repairing a tank that is on fire.  Perhaps this is why EA made earning repair points longer, and harder to get then earning ammo and heal points.
I agree here.  It USED to be faster to get repair points, but so many people wanked about bh whoreing they patched it worse a long time ago.  We never got more points for repairs, the wrench just worked faster back then.  Don't remember what patch it was, but it was the same one that made it so only the driver/pilot counts for a flag cap
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds
5 is too much imo, i think 3 for a full repair would be better tho.
Adogg
+5|6555
How about just EARNING what ever point faster ...
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6642|The Netherlands
Engineers should be able to throw toolkits... and a manual (for the lady's)

No seriously, at least there's still a couple of badges now that still needs some work,
so if it's gotta be changed then 2 points is the max. I think.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

2 Would be acceptable for a normal engineer, 1 for being in vehicle, and 3 for commander assets.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6697|Germany
1 point is just right.
If you are up against me as chinese commander on Wake you can easily get 25 repairpoints in one round,I wreck up the artillery with vehicledrops all the time,the US never have their arty set fully functional.
Seether
+13|6533|Syracuse, NY; USA
I'd agree with two points, like the revive, and one point for a half.   I don't see enough engineers actually reparing things other than their own vehicles, generally.
x.:Shackleton:.x
Quick on the draw...
+33|6544|the land of plenty

k30dxedle wrote:

*repairs oil barrel*
+1 million!

I don't want to fix anything, I just want to be able to beat the crap out of people with the wrench.

-Shack
moga1210
+1|6661
2 points if its a member of your SQUAD, 1 point for the rest of your team.    cos i will always kick stat padders out of my squad
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

fierce wrote:

You miss one option for your poll, something between 5 and the current points.

5 is way too high, it would make the Expert Engineer a joke. You could obtain it with repairing four Artillerys, which takes you maybe 2 minutes. This won't be a challenge or what do you think?

But, it should be easier to receive repair points - they should be given out at the double rate as they are now. Would make it more balanced to Ammo and Heals.
What he said.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6581|England
Good post should be more points for repairs ,but 5 seems way to high .
Adogg
+5|6555
I'd say the best ideas I've heard are +2 if outside of a vehicles, onlt +1 if in a vehicle and +2 all the time if it's your own squad.

Also, decrease the amount of damage it takes to repair to 50% it's current levels.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

x.:Shackleton:.x wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

*repairs oil barrel*
+1 million!

I don't want to fix anything, I just want to be able to beat the crap out of people with the wrench.

-Shack
Like the shockpaddle's.

Well it could be possible, seeing as the shock paddle's also have a kill abbility.

Bernadictus [Wrench] John Doe.

Today 21:58:11      -1      Should Ea change repair points?      How about I donate -1 karma?
How about you post your name and I'll -1 you, pathetic piece of anonymous shit!

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-06-27 13:47:54)

ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6531

LockerFish wrote:

no.... that would just make people whore the tanks and vehicles more... Think about it, if someone was getting 2 points per kill, plus a point every now and then from the turret gunner, plus kill damage assists, plus flag caps/assists, and then 5 poitns every once in a while when a damaged vodnik sat by them, they'd be getting insane points.
Medics are getting insane amount of poitns just spamming med packs everywhere and zapping people in 1 sec for 2 points. Engineers get 1 point for doing 4 times the amount of work medics do.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6509|Minnesota eh
that is the dumbest idea ever, there would be so many sploiters in cars in the water repairing get hundreds of points, stupid idea
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6505|Atlanta, GA
i think you should get 2-3 depending on what you repair. Like I'll repair a completely damaged arty and not even get a single point, that is ridiculous.

I too would like to be able to kill someone with the magic wrench of almighty power.

Last edited by citricacidx (2006-07-18 13:10:11)

Buzerk1
+44|6837
No and no... leave it as it is..... play engineer as it is meant and you will get repair point...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard