computermash
+7|6681
OK this is really beginning to piss me off. Every time i start a map on AF and try to get into a Little bird the whole game suddenly freezes. It takes like 10minutes for my comp to recouver does anyone else have this problem...??
THX
Crawdaddy79
+27|6553
A good fix I read is to not use the choppers anymore.
Capt. Foley
+155|6605|Allentown, PA, USA
Try uninstalling everything that has to do with BF2 then reinstallng.
LoMaX
+24|6551|Sweden is banned from hell ;)

computermash wrote:

OK this is really beginning to piss me off. Every time i start a map on AF and try to get into a Little bird the whole game suddenly freezes. It takes like 10minutes for my comp to recouver does anyone else have this problem...??
THX
Hi all.

Sadly I do not think it is about the little bird. This happens to me too in little bird/tank/A-10.. not all the time, but like 10 % of the rounds.. Often it is lost connectivity or a server crash.. due to the 1.3 patch. I really like playing BF2 and I am not the type that normally complaines.. but really.. I have reinstalled BF2 from scratch.. but sometimes I get these problems too..

I found a thread earlier at EA.. there are indeed some problems with this patch.. which is going to be corrected in the "near future". Too bad on another really nice game.

But I will hang in there, I hope that you do too.

Have a nice day.
/LoMaX
tupla_s
+455|6609|Finland
Yeah I've had that problem too, but hasn't happened to me now for a while
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6776|Perth, Western Australia
Was having this problem when the 1.3 virus umm... patch came out, first made sure that my sounds was reset to hardware (patch puts it back to software) and got a free download of EndItAll... then ended it all and no problems since. Also now can run higher vid setting than before without lost connection problems...
computermash
+7|6681
thx guys it stopped now. Maybe the server I was on.... i guess ill avoid it 4 a while.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA
How bout some rig specs?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
computermash
+7|6681
*cough* its ok *cough*.
seems quite a few ppl have had this so MAYBE theyll sort it out in the next patch. << LOL yeah, right...
Crawdaddy79
+27|6553
At least they're still patching it.
diglow~Flow
+32|6643|British Columbia, Canada
yeah i have the same thing happen to me but i just get into the game and when i start to run BOOM! Frozen
LoMaX

Cbass wrote:

How bout some rig specs?
Well, at least we know what "MONSTER" you have. My specs are OK. Everthing works in my rig, even BF2 without 1.3 (with as stated before.. I get random chrashes, locks, hangups, experiense server crashes.. but of course not all the time, perhaps 5-10% of the rounds, that to say with 1.3 patch).

All other games, programs woks very well.

I have reinstalled BF2 with latest patch., and get similar problems. (And as a profession I have worked as Senior Technical Consultant for a bit more than 10 years now).

Really I am not a winer.. I just suck the bad with the good. I can mostly play a few rounds before this happen. As I said before, it is a known issue that the latest patch is not fully sweet.. And we have to live with it for a while. And it will be adressed.. "fixed". hehe.

OK, specs.

ASUS Mobo (latest bios, firmware and so on) and an Asrock Mobo.
2 GB dual channel DDR400 RAM (tried different manufacturers)
2 SATA 300 in RAID 0 (for performance, but have tried with a single drive too)
An Athlon64 X2 4200 and a athlon64 3700+ 1MB (tried both).
A geforce 7800GT w 512 MB and a Geforce 6800GT 128 MB. (similar reults).
Latest patches, antivirus, and so on.. the usual. (Have run w and w/o firewalls, antivirus with same result - as a check).

"There is something rotten in the state of Denmark" - "you know who".

EDIT - perhaps the wrong thread, but you asked.

/LoMaX

Last edited by LoMaX (2006-06-26 22:15:43)

lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6693
while were on a chopper  bug topic, i shot an antitank missile at a cobra cockpit and i think the explostion was delayed a lil bit, killing the pilot (he was campin our main)   he accused me of hacking, then left
LoMaX

Crawdaddy79 wrote:

At least they're still patching it.
True, so very true..
computermash
+7|6681
Lol on the "being acused of hacking topic".....
Some idiot emptyed two mags and two STRAWs into me (he was on my team) and accused me of hacking. It even said on the server msg FF was off.... oh well his name was Wexi something.
LoMaX

computermash wrote:

Some idiot emptyed two mags and two STRAWs into me (he was on my team) and accused me of hacking. It even said on the server msg FF was off.... oh well his name was Wexi something.
You evil little hacker..
TacoBalls1
+0|6532
I get the crash (the 10% one) when I am about to join a game sometimes.  I click "join game" and then it crashes to desktop.  It's rather annoying.
computermash
+7|6681

LoMaX wrote:

computermash wrote:

You evil little hacker..
Mawhaha i will hack u all to hell!! lol jk...
Anyway, (not that I would use it) supposedly the msx hack works on AF...

Yeah and the crash to desktop happens sometimes to me 2.. but its not like this one--- this is more of a 'Not responding' thing.  thx anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard