-fart-Boom
+0|6744
Well if any of you guys had bothered to look up the gun, you would know that the real one has only 20 shots.  It has no 30 shot option, only 20, 30 would make it too heavy.
To add to all this, the G3 sucks baddly in RL (real life) it is not used by an army in the world, unless they are desparate.  They don't even make full auto versions, only semi auto, the full auto would have way too much recoil to aim.  They use 7.62mm ammo, that was the ammo that was used in WW2, and those guns had a lot of recoil and were only semi auto. 
Also, for anyone who thinks that the AK has that size of ammo, it doesn't.  They use standard NATO size bullets; 5.56mm.
eatmywheaties
+2|6757
the g3 is a great gun.

most people who criticize the clip quanitity need more than 20 bullets to kill one person.

This thing shoots down vehicles too.

I've taken out a smoking blackhawk with 3 shots and 20 rds into a jeep seriously whoop on it.

Good overall accuracy.  People who use the gp30/m203 only use it in up close suicide surprises when they are about to be killed.  I prefer nades as well.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6739|Vermont

-fart-Boom wrote:

Also, for anyone who thinks that the AK has that size of ammo, it doesn't.  They use standard
NATO size bullets; 5.56mm.
Wrong.  The AK-47 most definitely uses the 7.62 mm round.  The AK-101 fires a 5.56 mm round.  So it really depends on which "AK" you're talking about.  (On a side note the AK-74U fires a 5.45 mm round so that makes 3 AK's and three different calibers)
Instant Cereal
+0|6742
The G3.... Hmmmm...

I've was never impressed by BF2's G3. Mainly because everything I can do with the G3 I can already do with the M16, sometimes even better. The M16 gives me more ammo, apparently more accuracy, and a grenade launcher attachment. The only times I really took the G3 out for a spin was if I felt like dickin' around or 'cause I felt like hearing its bad ass sound (you gotta admit the G3 is the best sounding assault rifle in the game). The best success I had with the G3 was by treating it like an M1 Garand -- almost always used semi-auto and only shot at what I was confident I'd hit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard