Brasso
+1,549|6775

Every time I use the M95, I seem to be more confident and get better results than with the L96A1. Maybe it's just the massive bullet drop on the L96 that gets me, or the fact that it sounds so weak.

Anyway, I was playing on an AF server today, and saw a guy run behind a supply crate. I knew he had already been shot at by a Linebacker, so I was sure I could take him out with one shot. I took a potshot through the supply crate, and suprisingly, got the freaking kill! The guy was probably saying, "WTF?!!" I was laughing so hard that I figured I should share this with my fellow BF2S members. So there it is. The "through-the-supply-crate, not-only-bulletproof-glass-kill."

https://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3426/screen0372pl.png

P.S. If this is in the wrong topic area, can someone please tell me?  Thanks.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-06-25 07:18:12)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6671|Singapore
anti-material FTW!!
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6921

jkohlc wrote:

anti-material FTW!!
Oh yeah! Did the supply crate break?

Tuff
Major Payne
+18|6925|Netherlands
M95 sucks to becuse its unprecise on a large distance
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6775|Washington, DC

I got a kill through the supply crate once... funny stuff. No it won't break.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6702|Oslo, Norway
I do that all the time! I think you can do it with every weapon...
MDW
+43|6822|Dortmund, Germany
I also prefer the M-95...I dunno why, everytime I use the L-96, it's either super-effective or I can't hit shit with it. Probably the bullet drop causes trouble for me. I like the M-95 better. Everytime I use another sniper-rifle, I find myself having awesome opportunities to snipe humvee-drivers or to take down helos but I can't cuz I don't have the .50
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6675

actually, the way you described the bullet drop is wrong, the L96 has almost no bullet drop and the M95 has MASSIVE bullet drop. I only use it when camping bases with planes/helos (AKA GULF OF OMAN). But yeah, I like the L96 for just normal sniping.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6671|Singapore

farmerfez wrote:

actually, the way you described the bullet drop is wrong, the L96 has almost no bullet drop and the M95 has MASSIVE bullet drop. I only use it when camping bases with planes/helos (AKA GULF OF OMAN). But yeah, I like the L96 for just normal sniping.
i thought that was fixed and L96 has the most but not so massive as the M95's bullet drop?
Slink
+17|6842

Major Payne wrote:

Uh?  What's a large distance?  I nailed several people of the TV Station in Sharqi from Construction Site
Quick edit: That being with the M95.

Last edited by Slink (2006-06-25 07:39:54)

MDW
+43|6822|Dortmund, Germany

Slink wrote:

Uh?  What's a large distance?  I nailed several people of the TV Station in Sharqi from Construction Site
That's exactly what I did yesterday. Good times!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord

haffeysucks wrote:

Anyway, I was playing on an AF server today, and saw a guy run behind a supply crate. I knew he had already been shot at by a Linebacker, so I was sure I could take him out with one shot. I took a potshot through the supply crate, and suprisingly, got the freaking kill!
Now that's what I can penetration! Nice one.

haffeysucks wrote:

Maybe it's just the massive bullet drop on the L96 that gets me....
The M95 has the most bullet drop of the big three. Doesn't it?

Slink wrote:

Major Payne wrote:

Quick edit: That being with the M95.
That's about 140-150 metres - easy shot even with the M95's scope; longer ranges, like over 300m especially, are very challenging (but certainly not impossible) with the Barrett.
senor_fulff
+25|6905|Yorkshire, UK.
All the decent sniper rifles shoot through supply crates.., ie.. M24, L96A1 and M95.

You need to let the sights settle for too long IMHO with M95.

And L96A1 has the least bullet drop because of supersonic ammo or something (hence the crack sound when firing) Also you can see an M95 fire then half a second later or so the bullet hits, this is not so with L96A1.

I only use M95 when cannot use M24 or L96A1, ie.. special forces.
Brasso
+1,549|6775

no no no! you guys have it wrong.  The M95 has the least bullet drop, the L96 has the most.  The M24, SVD, and Type 88 are in-between.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
R0lyP0ly
+161|6799|USA

haffeysucks wrote:

no no no! you guys have it wrong.  The M95 has the least bullet drop, the L96 has the most.  The M24, SVD, and Type 88 are in-between.
yep hes right. L96A1 has the most bullet drop. Try going for 300+ m kills on Kubra dam w/ an L96A1, then try with an M95. You'll see the difference.
Brasso
+1,549|6775

R0lyP0ly wrote:

yep hes right. L96A1 has the most bullet drop. Try going for 300+ m kills on Kubra dam w/ an L96A1, then try with an M95. You'll see the difference.
well, yes, unless they try to go for a headshot

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-06-25 07:49:28)

highmarshal
+2|6711|Sheffield UK
I don't like the L96 after picking it up loads of times and i just can't get a head shot.

The M24 and M95 rule them all. And the M24 makes the M95 hang its head in shame
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6671|Singapore
the L96 only looks cool, sounds cool, but it take leet skillz to use it for long range sniping
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord

senor_fulff wrote:

And L96A1 has the least bullet drop because of supersonic ammo or something (hence the crack sound when firing)
All normal bullets are supersonic In reality the .50BMG has the highest bullet velocity, which theoretically gives it the least bullet drop (assuming the frontal area and speed don't mean the bullet slows faster than with something more typical, e.g. 7.62mm).

haffeysucks wrote:

R0lyP0ly wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

This has to be new, or does it alter when the range increases (in a way that it wouldn't IRL)? It definitely wasn't the case earlier... you have to aim way above the centre point of the M95's scope when you only have to go a few pixels up with the L96A1.
iCeMaN[USA]
+82|6720|Eastern USA
I have tested the bullet drop on all of the snipers and from personal experience I can say that haffeysucks is right.  The M95 has the least bullet drop, the L96 has the most.  The M24, SVD, and Type 88 are in-between.

Quick Edit: These were tested at 300M.

Last edited by iCeMaN[USA] (2006-06-25 08:11:20)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6901|United States of America
M95 sucks IMO. Even when someone is about 10 meters away I will shoot and the thing wont hit the target.  L96A1 always seems to hit for me, even at long range there is hardly any bullet drop that I notice.  The M24 is still the best sniper in the game, but the L96 comes close behind IMO followed by the SVD and Type 88, then last the worst: M95.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6842|Germany
Yesterday the curse of the M95 reared its ugly head again.
On Wake I could hit the most diffucult shots,running targets,parachuting guys,etc...but no friggin' basic 300 meter shot against a prone target!I was like WTF?!?

And in my opinion the M95 bulletdrop is huge...once you get used to this it's as good as any other rifle,the problem is when you wanna change between them.
M24/L96 are pretty similar in their bulletdrop behaviour,M95 is kinda different,even the SVD has its certain hit-spot.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord

iCeMaN[USA] wrote:

I have tested the bullet drop on all of the snipers and from personal experience I can say that haffeysucks is right.  The M95 has the least bullet drop, the L96 has the most.  The M24, SVD, and Type 88 are in-between.

Quick Edit: These were tested at 300M.
So have I (at lesser ranges) and my experience has told me that the M95 had the most, which confirmed what I'd read.

But apart from this it's clearly less accurate, coupled with what appears to be the longest settling time, then add the thick crosshairs and it's a very challenging long-range shooter.

Miller wrote:

M95 sucks IMO. Even when someone is about 10 meters away I will shoot and the thing wont hit the target.
I have to say after being forced to use it recently I'm getting accustomed to it again but I can't hit squat reliably.

Miller wrote:

L96A1 always seems to hit for me, even at long range there is hardly any bullet drop that I notice.
Same here.

Miller wrote:

The M24 is still the best sniper in the game...
Have a new-found respect for the M24; great gun.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6739|Iceland
It takes skills to use the M95 and seems none of u have it, but all u do is brag about your L96 skills.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

It takes skills to use the M95 and seems none of u have it, but all u do is brag about your L96 skills.
Now that's a bit harsh. For a start I don't see anyone bragging about their L96 skills... most of us are quick to admit that the rifle itself is a huge boon to accuracy but in combat sniping (< 100m) if I could get used to the M95's aim again I'd use it preferentially.

As it is I'll be playing SF a lot soon so I kinda have to get used to it which is one reason I'm practicing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard