Mr_X
+0|6822|GbG Sweden
Do anyone knows how to explain to wife/girlfriend that it's importent (and fun) with gaming.
That a man needs a time (almost) every day for him self and the computer.
Any sugestions ?

Help your friends with smart answers and meningfull frases.. So we can game some more......

bad-dog
+0|6823|Israel
LoL dude, just tell her it's your hobby or something, explain her that, like she has to put make up or something she likes to do (or watch T.V.) you've to play the PC
Personally I didn't have to explain my girlfriend anything she understands me perfectly.
rofo
+0|6827|Austria, Europe
buy her a computer & sims 2

just kidding
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6830|Munich, Germany
in my expirience there are 3 types of women concerning games:

1. they have absolutly no idea whats it about and think its a waste of time.

2. they see it as a hobby and tolerate it.

3. they game themselfes (wich is my favorite but very rare )

anyway tell her its just like watching TV but not as passiv since u interact with ur PC. and in my opinion TV gets more and more a waste of time.
GODPSXDNS
+1|6833
1.) dont get married.

2.) if its too late, divorce her.

3.) *EDITED*
Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA
As long as you don't have 300+ hours of playtime since the game came out, she should understand that is is a hobby.
lowyaukee
+2|6826
Well, some love shopping, some love Hi-Fi, some love cameras, some love fishing, playing golf.  And I love PC games.  As simple as that. 

An advantage of playing PC games is that you are able to play at home.  HA~~
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6829|A Small Isle in the Tropics

get her to sleep early, and you have the rest of the night alone with the machine.. LoL..
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6831|Sicily, Italy
any that answered to this point are married/steady girlfriend?

there is no way to explain/justify why one needs to play games to a wife that is considered #1 as per mort4u, my wife is #2-1 but it's hard sometimes...we just need to adopt
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

Stasiek wrote:

there is no way to explain/justify why one needs to play games to a wife that is considered #1 as per mort4u, my wife is #2-1 but it's hard sometimes...we just need to adopt
my wife nags.. but aint gonna change anything.. and my daughters enjoy seeing daddy getting wiped out by seasoned gamers and kiddies on the 'field.. who says it is not family entertainment.. (is there an ESRB rating for onscreen swearing by gamers?)

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-08-16 02:52:55)

lowyaukee
+2|6826

mikeshw wrote:

Stasiek wrote:

my wife nags.. but aint gonna change anything.. and my daughters enjoy seeing daddy getting wiped out by seasoned gamers and kiddies on the 'field.. who says it is not family entertainment.. (is there an ESRB rating for onscreen swearing by gamers?)
HAHAHA~ that's exactly why I have not installed a microphone for the game.  You know, sometimes you may be out of control when you are playing BF2.  And suddenly, at the late hours, you shout at the mic and say.....whatever..... It will be embarrassing.
asmodai
+0|6821|The Netherlands
My girl actually loves to see me work my computer and stuff.

Just make sure to find a healthy balance.  A relationship also needs its 'duty time'.
asmodai
+0|6821|The Netherlands

lowyaukee wrote:

HAHAHA~ that's exactly why I have not installed a microphone for the game.  You know, sometimes you may be out of control when you are playing BF2.  And suddenly, at the late hours, you shout at the mic and say.....whatever..... It will be embarrassing.
Not just that.

Some idiotic gamers love to abuse the microphone for screaming whatever they feel like.

Yes it is a game, but come on, be a bit more serious as well.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

doesn't your wife have hoobies, too ? Things that she likes to do without you ?
If the answer is yes, she'll have to life with you having hobbies.
If the answer is no, I wonder what strange kind of woman you are married to....
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6827|Claremont, NC
I am a girlfriend of a fellow gamer, and don't get me wrong, I like to play too.

What if your gf doesn't do ANYTHING other than work, come home, and get right back on to the computer?? And my man is a inside tech for a local computer company!

I mean really, us girls like to cuddle up and watch tv or something with our men every once in a while!

and by the way..........SIMS 2 SUCKS!!!!!!

Last edited by atomicredhead (2005-08-16 15:03:45)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

Simple, find a girl who also enjoys playing games (and yes they do exist, but are in limited demand... so get yours today!) any of the tF guys can vouch that my girlfriend plays games just as much as I do, just different titles.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

cuddling up inside a Cobra chopper sounds good to me.. LoL.. just needs an investment in another PC..

"honey, shoot that tank!"
"honey, there is an APC on your left!"
"honey, you just took out our commander"
"honey, your driving sucks"

sorry.. couldnt resist..
Mr_X
+0|6822|GbG Sweden
Hmm, TV....  what can you play with it?  My wife thiks that it nice too.. But I can't coop 4-6 days a week, its not so interesting.

I rather play with "the thing" beside me in the sofa then watching TV all the time

Seriously, playing 2-4 hours 2-3 days a week whith the computer shouldn't be worse then sporting that time.. and then its allmost no injuries in gaming.. You just spaw again and again.
B.Schuss

mikeshw wrote:

cuddling up inside a Cobra chopper sounds good to me.. LoL.. just needs an investment in another PC..

sorry.. couldnt resist..
How about, "honey, please, buckle up. The roads are so unsafe these days in Oman..."
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

B.Schuss wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

sorry.. couldnt resist..
How about, "honey, please, buckle up. The roads are so unsafe these days in Oman..."
LoL!
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6831|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I have a girlfriend who is perfect with regards to this problem. She doesn't get PC gaming at all, but she pretends to be interested when I talk about it just like I pretend to listen when she gives me a 45 minute overview of how mall shopping went.

As far as my playing time: I don't have time during most days anyway and she goes to sleep early so then after about 11:00 pm it's game on.

To add to that funny list of things you'd say to your significant other while playing BF2 with her, I've got a few to add:
"Sweetheart, you got killed because you can't aim straight."
"Honey, we don't put C4 on our own tanks."
"Dear, I love you, but don't ever try to fly the family Blackhawk again."
"Sweety pie, why are you dropping arty on us?"
"Baby, when taking CPs, try laying prone once in a while."
"Listen lady, you're screwing up my stats... my wins/losses are crap now."

Enjoy
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

just to digress.. why are all the featured servicemen in BF2 males? i guess its kinda weird for a male gamer to spawn in the body of a female.. but how would a female gamer feel spawning into a male trooper.. gender bender..

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-08-17 18:56:34)

B.Schuss

exactly.....maybe half of the guys here are actually girls....
scrivy
+0|6834
hEY gUYS ....My wife plays aswell and damn she is the best commander i have seen ..but she also plays other titles too but we always spend time together doing other things aswell

We don't overgame and we still watch some tv so we are busy but gaming is not our number one priority but we do love it among other things.
cpt.wilches
+1|6822
AT the begining it was very hard to play without my girl bugging me about it, we had big fights, so i decided to talk to her and we reached an agreement, i play two hours and a half evreyday but sundays for that is gonna be her day, and on thursdays i play all i want with no nagging. so just talk to her about respecting your hobbies and that youll still spend quality time with her. and also show her this post so she can see that your not the only "nerd, geek, freak gamer" in the world. now i have time for everything and most important i have a life.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard