Loz
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
+56|6686|Umm... Home?
I have no idea where to put this so i'll put it here if thats ok?

My Wiki: Taking cover.

Cover is an important thing in war, it could save yo from life or death. The same thing goes for Battlefield 2. There are a few dis-advantages to it though and i will got through them in this guide.

1st Part: basic cover.

Here i will guide you through some basic cover like walls and boxes.

1.a: Boxes

Boxes can provide good cover if hidden corectly, the best thing to do is crouch so you are below the top of the box. There are a few dis-advantages to this though, you are easialy exposed to fire from behind and above so you will need to keep checking for enemies. And dont choose crates or boxes that can be shattered if shot of you will be an easy target.

1.b: Barrels

Barels could provide some cover if you duck, but avoid barrels that explode or it can get messy (usually the red ones). The grey barrels however do not explode so they are great choices for cover, but this also has dis-advantages like, the gaps between the barrels are good for snipers to get you and, you are also exposed from the rear and above if its at the bottom of a hill.

1.c: Walls

Walls provide some of the best cover on the battlefield, if you can get behind it properly. Say if your pinned down if you are near a wall get behind it soldier, when behind it you could reload and you will be ready for the enemy to come. Walls can also provide cover from tanks or other battlefield vehicles. As continues the trend in this guide, there are dis-advantages. Watch out behind you because there are more openings betwwen walls forthe enemy so watch out. So remember these three steps, cover,reload, stand ground.

Thats it for basic cover, hope those help. The second section will go through advanced cover so keep reading.

2nd Part: Advanced Cover.

Advanced cover will go through places like hills, buildings and vehicles.

2.a: Hills

Hills can provide good cover if you get in the right spot. I will provide a little diagram for you so you can see the best place.

https://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5714/hill2ev.jpg

Thats right, below the top of the hill is the best place to reload and wait for the enemy, if there is a bush thats better since you can hide in that, dis-advantages to hill hiding are, if there isnt a bush there is very little cover or concealment from the enemy in helicopters, and if the enemy spots you first you can be easy pickens.

2.b: Buildings

Builds are probally the best cover on the battlefield, if you are in a building you are practically invunreble to enemy fire of bombs, and they also make a good firebase for attackingif there is a window. Lukily there are only 3 dis-advantages to building cover, one of them is if the building doesnt have a roof so you will be subject to enemy artillery, the other dis-advantage is if there is a sniper targeting you whilst you are shooting out the window, also make sure you are not followed if you plan on sniping or you're in hot water.

2.c: Vehicles

Vehicles can provide some cover, it can also be used in clever was. First off the vehicle wich is just sitting there, you can get some cover by these but bewareif the vehicle starts moving or is blown up, say bye bye cover. The other way vehicles can be used is if its moving, say if you're in a firefight and a tank roles up, you can get cover from the tank letting the tank driver do the work while you reload. If the tank starts moving stay next to or behind it so you will get moving cover, great if you want to move the the next base after you have capped the base you were in a firefight for. You just gotta make sure the tank doesn't explode or if you are behind it, that you dont get run over, also you are vunreble from your rear so once again 'check your six'.

3rd Part: other cover

There is other cover on the battlefield like old cars or airplanes, you can approch these like you would boxes or walls, with the same advantages and dis-advantages.

Thats it, my guide to giving you the edge on the battlefield. Hope this helps you when trying to cap or defend bases.

Last edited by Loz (2006-06-21 01:56:19)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6773|Dallas
Decent guide.  +1
Loz
+56|6686|Umm... Home?
Thanks for that.

If anyone posts ere about why i wrote a Wiki, i did it since there are no guides to this sort of defence/safety.
[RTC]invaderzim69
+19|6564|newcastle australia
nice guide. this is actualy very useful!
Loz
+56|6686|Umm... Home?

[RTC]invaderzim69 wrote:

nice guide. this is actualy very useful!
Like all Wiki's
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6710|Australia
Not......
Another......
Guide.....

Can't....
Take....
It......
Anymore.....
T0rr3nt
+54|6586|Michigan
meh
WhyTwoKay
+15|6778|Texas
I liked it, although your numbering system is a bit excessive given the actualy amount of content.
Loz
+56|6686|Umm... Home?
That took me about 1 hour 30 mins to write, and i think there is qite a bit of content there.
Loz
+56|6686|Umm... Home?
Sorry for the double post but i wanna tell everyone somthing.

Whoever posted a good response to this, thanks for the support.

And also, there might be more Wiki's frrom me so watch this space (or others?)
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6783|Nova Scotia, Canada

Congrats, your guide has been wiki'ed!

I'm just learing the whole image deal, so you're "hill" picture will be put in it soon.
Loz
+56|6686|Umm... Home?
I will probally have to make one in a bit more detail. I guess you can see the basic idea though? Or is that image ok.

Last edited by Loz (2006-06-23 12:34:39)

Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6783|Nova Scotia, Canada

Well, your guide is here:

http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/taking-cover

But if you want to make a more detailed one go for it and I'll change it when it's done!
Loz
+56|6686|Umm... Home?
Its gnna be hard making a good one, i no longer have photoshop so i have to use paint wich i have never really used...
chittydog
less busy
+586|6844|Kubra, Damn it!

This is an OK guide. Most of it is really just common sense, but I'll still give you +1 for the effort. It's better than another "Look at me, I just got a ribbon" thread...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard