BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6565|Windermere, GB
Dont get one unless your CPU has an IHS.

I just crushed my Barton with one, lol.

So I'm getting a P4 Dual 805. I'll let you know how the Overclock goes.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6584|NYC / Hamburg

BigglesPiP wrote:

Dont get one unless your CPU has an IHS.

I just crushed my Barton with one, lol.

So I'm getting a P4 Dual 805. I'll let you know how the Overclock goes.
EDIT: deleted stuff because i made a stupid comment

i have one and i love it. keeps my processor at a healthy 33°C on load, 36°C ish when oced to 2.75 GHz

Last edited by max (2006-06-24 14:51:42)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
VaNiSh
Banned
+18|6705
waste of money....
max
Vela Incident

VaNiSh wrote:

waste of money....
not for me --- still way cheaper than any other big cooler i can get here
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
doxy
+74|6807|Nevis
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6612|Ohio, USA
^^^ pwned max.
max
Vela Incident

Janus67 wrote:

^^^ pwned max.
no not really because they are freaking expensive here and are also hard to get (always out of stock) - i can nearly get a zalman 9500 for what they cost. The swiss are crazy when it comes to a swiss product and they are willing to pay whatever price is demanded. Also i got a good deal on the big typhoon (20 CHF as an upgrade when i bought the opty)

BTW: thanks for supporting me

Last edited by max (2006-06-23 07:04:42)

slo5oh
+28|6677

doxy wrote:

try them
https://www.arcticcooling.com/pics/freezer4_02l.jpg
Why not try the AC freezer pro 64 instead of the freezer 4?
https://www.arcticcooling.com/pics/f64p_02l.jpg

6 heat pipes instead of 4. 

edit!
I'm stupid... it's because the OP is cooling a socket A right?  duhh...

Last edited by slo5oh (2006-06-23 10:13:41)

BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6565|Windermere, GB
1. The big typhoon claims to be fine on an AXP.

2. Those Arctic Cooling coolers are really very bad!

Last edited by BigglesPiP (2006-06-25 08:35:31)

max
Vela Incident

BigglesPiP wrote:

1. The big typhoon claims to be fine on an AXP, n00b. Check before you open your trap.

ahh well ... at least in the shop i bought it, it had a warning about mmounting it on a XP, because it could easyly damage it.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6612|Ohio, USA

BigglesPiP wrote:

1. The big typhoon claims to be fine on an AXP, n00b. Check before you open your trap.

if you knew something about the Arctic Cooling coolers then you wouldn't be saying that they are bad.  The AC Freezer64 is an awesome heatsink/fan and definitely one of the best bang for the bucks out there.  The sound and performacne compete with the top of the line products out there and costs $20-$30 less.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733
I like my tuniq tower 120 better
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
max
Vela Incident

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

lol, it's like saying i like my water cooling better. It's a completely different class
ghettoperson
+1,943|6666

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

That just got stuck on my 'To Buy' list. I'm currently having some difficulty tracking one down in the UK though. I take it they are awesomely good?
EDIT: And what is an IHS?

Last edited by ghettoperson (2006-06-24 07:55:06)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

ghettoperson wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

That just got stuck on my 'To Buy' list. I'm currently having some difficulty tracking one down in the UK though. I take it they are awesomely good?
EDIT: And what is an IHS?
heh

http://www.frozencpu.com/cpu-tnq-01.html

i would say its one of the best for its price, 56 degrees C on P4 3.0 overclocked to 3.6 full load for 24 hours
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
doxy
+74|6807|Nevis

max wrote:

no not really because they are freaking expensive here and are also hard to get (always out of stock) - i can nearly get a zalman 9500 for what they cost. The swiss are crazy when it comes to a swiss product and they are willing to pay whatever price is demanded. Also i got a good deal on the big typhoon (20 CHF as an upgrade when i bought the opty)

BTW: thanks for supporting me
sorry max, but you can't compare your special price offers to the regular prices people have to pay. different prices come with local tax politics, deal with it.

slo5oh wrote:

Why not try the AC freezer pro 64 instead of the freezer 4?

6 heat pipes instead of 4. 

edit!
I'm stupid... it's because the OP is cooling a socket A right?  duhh...
neither you are stupid, not that it's for socket A, it's for Socket 478, but i just wanted to bring arctic cooling in, i enjoy them for a year now, no problems here.
BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6565|Windermere, GB

max wrote:

BigglesPiP wrote:

ahh well ... at least in the shop i bought it, it had a warning about mmounting it on a XP, because it could easyly damage it.
Yea, it's a warning spreading by word of mouth. There is no mention of an IHS in the K7 installation instructions.

And... I Have an Arcrtic cooling Silencer on my 9700PRO, it's very good. I used to have one of their CPU coolers too, and they SUCK!
max
Vela Incident

BigglesPiP wrote:

max wrote:

BigglesPiP wrote:

Yea, it's a warning spreading by word of mouth. There is no mention of an IHS in the K7 installation instructions.

And... I Have an Arcrtic cooling Silencer on my 9700PRO, it's very good. I used to have one of their CPU coolers too, and they SUCK!
sorry about calling you noob, i never looked on the TT page. It's just that there was a huge red warning on the site i bought it from about mounting on a K7.
BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6565|Windermere, GB

max wrote:

BigglesPiP wrote:

max wrote:

sorry about calling you noob, i never looked on the TT page. It's just that there was a huge red warning on the site i bought it from about mounting on a K7.
n/p, I called you one too, lol!

I got it from overclockers.co.uk. Maybee they'll have a warning soon.

I'll be sure to let you know how the P4 D 805 Overclock goes.
max
Vela Incident

sweet ... i hope you hit 4 GHz on it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard