redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6765

dshak wrote:

It is BECAUSE I am a liberal that I support the second Iraqi ware, and here's why - I personally (note the word personally, not imposing my beliefs on anyone else) feel that if there is genocide taking place and you have the power to stop it (you being the U.S. in this case because other countries lack the ability, or in some cases the balls), but you don't do anything, you are as guilty as the one committing the crime.
Amen to that brother.

The ID thread is in the Current Events, incase I didn't mention that.
j5f5ff
+11|6742

redfoxster wrote:

j5f5ff wrote:

how do you turn a $3 TRILLION surplus into a 460 billion DEFICIT????!  he's at his best when he's sleeping.
rofl, the current US debt is like 15 trillion I think, and the federal government's gross total of income is like 1.3 trillion I want to say, so how exactly did we have a 3 trillion dollar surplus? check your numbers please, and then get back to us
actually, you are right.  in the 2000 budget was projected at a surplus of $211 billion and proposed to reduce the national debt by $2.9 trillion over the next decade and to eliminate it by 2012.  which leads us to a federal deficit to a record $427 billion for fiscal 2005.  my bad.
audioboxer217
+0|6753

dshak wrote:

Finally, he brought it on himself, if hadn't been such a bitch and had cooperated with the UN in the first damn place Bush would never have had a case, full of holes or not, for the action. At least not the case he presented.
Dshak, I think this is why I like you even though you are liberal.  I've been telling people this ever since the war started and no one seems to remember.  I also agree that Bush should be using Genocide as the reason for the war, it is the reason why I support it, along with the fact that if we didn't do something they would have attacked us eventually.  I believe in being proactive to protect a country, not reactive.

Also, I don't think I mentioned anything about the New Zealander.  I had no way of nowing whether or not he had ever been to Iraq and I don't like to talk bad about people that risk their lives for thier country.  I would even go as far as to respect members of the French army.  Just because their leader is a sissy doesn't mean that those men wouldn't risk their lives if he asked them to.

PS - I would also like to see you, dshak, weigh in on the ID discussion.

Last edited by audioboxer217 (2005-11-10 05:45:14)

Kaiser|Soze
+0|6736
After reading part of this thread I just had to sign up and become a registered user to try in combat some of the ignorance found here.

The part that amazes me is that most of the complaining about Bush is all about insignificant issues that will not matter on the grand scale of things i.e. past elections, tax cuts(ill explain that one), social issues and presumed favor for the rich, and picking religious and non-religious sides.

Tax breaks are not used to favor the rich or punish the poor as so many liberals believe. It is in fact a stimilous for the economy which has taken a dip after 9/11. The idea in laymens terms is that when you give a tax break to people they will have more useable income that will hopefully be spent on goods and services thus stimulating the economy for more production. Simply put tax breaks help the economy and everyone that  is part of the economy.

The real problem in this country in the future is not going to be abortion or speration of church and state or other petty things of that sort. Instead the real issue for my generation (im 21) is going to be the fiscal policy of the future presidents and congresses of this nation. Right now the debt is becoming a problem, not so much because we are defecit spending but because the economy is slowing, thus stagnating or shrinking GDP( gross domestic product). Debt is in theory sustainable for ever as long as the economy is growing and and GDP is growing at a faster rate then the debt. But now GDP is slowing and the debt is growing much faster. It is going to be the biggest issue of our time I do believe.

I wish i had more time to post on this because I feel that some people are opening their mouths and not understanding what is coming out. I am not trying to get in a fight with people or start a democrate vs. republican war or right and left. I personally side with both and side with neither. I dont trust politicans or their actions because every human is self motivated at heart and even those that some how seem to have the nations interest at heart actually have their own at heart. But i guess that is another topic all together.
audioboxer217
+0|6753
I totally agree Kaiser.  Although I do think that abortion is still a rather large issue, you are right in that all that really matters in the end is that we get the economy back on its feet.  I also agree that, contrary to some of the opinions on this forum, tax cuts are a great way to get people to put more money into the economy so that it can get rolling again.  Sadl, taxes are not what is keeping Americans from spending, it's the outrageous gas prices (because we all know the war in Iraq was just to steal their oil and drop the prices here in America) that are just now going back to normal.  Hopefully, the price of oil will continue to drop so that we can spend our money on things that help the economy much more.

I am glad that you decided to join in on our discussion.
nzjafa
+2|6758
i agree with dshak too, and what jaguar said. its good some people can actually have a mature argument.

if bush had said he was going to war because saddam was a murderer and a genocidal maniac that needed to be stopped, i would have agreed with him 100%. but the fact that he used the (seemingly inexistent) weapons of mass destruction as an excuse to invade threw a lot of people off the war.

i'll risk my life for the NZ or for England when i'm called upon to do it, as long as i have the assurance that what i'm doing is right and that its good for my country. i think that that war (on the grounds on which it started) was false, and it wasn't worth any of the guys that gave their lives in it.

i think it was completely unorganised and most of the troops there were badly trained and hardly disciplined. and i'm not taking pot shots at the US, everyone screwed up. i just think that there was a lot of unnessecary death and damage due to many of our guys being trigger happy.

dshak wrote:

Hey,

I respect New Zealand, was just having some fun. After all you did give us Lord of the Rings.
man... you wouldn't beleive how many people ask us where hobbiton is. or when they get to the alps and they can't find helm's deep.

Last edited by nzjafa (2005-11-10 17:14:58)

CC-Marley
+407|6821
I voted for him twice....I don't agree with everything he does, but who would agree with anyone 100%. I believe Iraq is a good idea.....but it's tougher than we thought..... There are many reasons why we should of gone into Iraq. If we get through the bad times there the rewards to the world will be TEN fold. I'm sick of some people saying the war was for oil, or to finish family business. That he lied to the public.. We've all known for years that Iraq had wmd. Clinton said it, Kerry said it , FAT ASS Kennedy said it , the whole world said it!!!!! where they went is the question that we may never know. We need to finish the job. GOD, ALLAH, BUDDAH- you get my point- BLESS AMERICA AND THE WORLD.
Kaiser|Soze
+0|6736

audioboxer217 wrote:

Sadl, taxes are not what is keeping Americans from spending, it's the outrageous gas prices (because we all know the war in Iraq was just to steal their oil and drop the prices here in America) that are just now going back to normal.  Hopefully, the price of oil will continue to drop so that we can spend our money on things that help the economy much more.
This is very true that the gas prices have a affected the nation and its spending habits. More and more people are having to set aside a bigger part of their individual budget to put gas in their cars. This is why Greenspan and the Fed have been watching oil so closely and is also part of the reason why the fed funds rate has been going up the past couple of months. The big question right now for the economy is that when greenspan steps down and bernanki(sp) is the new fed chair, what is the fed going to continue to do about the intrest rates and inflation.

But on the plus side gas is coming down and i saw it today for 2.09 a gal. so that is good news. I believe that it is selling for ~$61.00 a barrel.
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6765

CaptainFoley wrote:

what do you really think hes doing
hes being president for the money
i meen god damn
my mom and dad make more then him
what other fucking reason would he be president
and i support him on the war in iraq
my uncle knows something
not saying
and i shouldnt of said that
get the idea
what im saying is that as far as i can tell my uncle hasnt said anything but i think he
never mind
i shouldnt say it
dude, right on, you like totally just put down some words, but didn't say anything, its like magic man, its like FUckin magic, whaaaa!

pass the joint over her man, I need some of that SHIT to know wtf is going on
pfcilng
+0|6759|Northern Illinois University

CaptainFoley wrote:

i meen god damn
my uncle knows something
not saying
get the idea
what im saying is that as far as i can tell my uncle hasnt said anything but i think he
never mind
i shouldnt say it
As I read this, I heard a beat being played on bongos in the back of my head.
Kaiser|Soze
+0|6736
after that i just want to hit my head on a wall
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6738|Houston, TX
Check this out.  Kinda fun.  Click and drag when he gets stuck.

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

It might take the edge off Captain Foley's rantings.
Instant Cereal
+0|6736
Bush is a terrible orator.....
nzjafa
+2|6758

CaptainFoley wrote:

i meen god damn
my uncle knows something
not saying
get the idea
never mind
i shouldnt say it
wow that must
have been some strong
shit
and dont worry
my uncle is a secret
agent too bro
.....(toke)
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6741|Florida

BladeRunner wrote:

Put Jello Biafra on on the throne, dudes. He'd be great
You is my kinda guy!
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6748|NH - USA
I am not heavily into the political scene….but....here's my arm-chair opinion.

Most modern day politicians, as a whole, seem motivated by the wrong things. (Big surprise!) They either seek the spotlight, the money, or the power, etc. That seems to be a theme throughout the years in many institutions....human nature, I guess.

I also think a leader of any society reflects the people and 'times' that vouched for him.

That being said, IMO it seems lately the citizens here have a bad judge of character. (To put it nicely) I don’t see why people are hypnotized with Bush Jr or his deeds. I think the only skill he possesses is the ability to make his way through the political herd. In all other categories he rates merely satisfactory or marginal on his performance. Being a speaker is one of his worst abilities. It doesn’t seem like its coming from the heart and almost like some puppet dictator from a strange land driven by some personal agenda.

He appears to be more passionate about his position, rather than the duties of the position.

I also do not understand how people can be consumed by a politcal party. You can hide under any name, but its the man behind the words that makes the difference. (Hitler spoke lots of lovely words, but of course those words preyed upon peoples hopes, dreams and desperation and didnt include the whole truth.)

Its just sad that the presidency and congress, etc seem to be filled by rich people with clout rather than the "regular guy" that would be more qualified. I reason that part of this is due to the people and part by the media. (Or maybe even the "system") Perhaps its just a refelction of how much we have changed since the founding fathers put the whole schmeal together.

Like Rome, (Yes, I am comparing ancient Rome to the role of the United States in some regards.), we too may fall...but it might be an implosion from within our own system not a hostile threat from abroad. Time will tell and I think that "as it was in the beginning, so it will be in the end." Freedom will provail if all else does not.

Dang, I've never edited stuff here from home.....this is a work thing. I should be playing right now!!

P.S. I think every president has to play the "big game" and if he did something for reasons we dont know about, then I'll thank him.

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-11-12 08:09:23)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830
the last Real word

Bush is a Leader, Tough minded, Smart, Doesn't care What Madonna, the Dixie Chicks or George Cloony Think and Doesn't Seek their  Approval or the approval of those who would take there cues from them.
  Definitely not a Jerk Off, weather Vane Politico Type who Ducked the Hard Issue and Put off the Hard tasks  ( Responses to WTC 93, 2 Embassy Bombings, Pan Am Flight 007, DD USS Cole ETC )

note

We Attacked Germany. after    Japan   attacked us
and we Wrecked and laid low Germany long Before we went after Japan with Real Effort.
   If We Ducked out of WWII after we lost 2000 men we wouldn't have made it Through the Pearl Harbor attack Without Quitting and Europe Would be Enslaved as would Asia. If We Quit WWII after 2 years We wouldn't have landed in France and the Death camps would have Finished their purpose ( Ironically we would not be fighting now ). It took 8 EIGHT Years to put Germany back together after the Fighting ( and GERMANS live there ). The Last Japanese Hold out ( we know of ) Surrendered in 1972.

We the public Didn't Know of the Broken codes and Intelligence  Windfalls The Armed Services had until 1969
And some stuff is still classified.  the Same People who trash Bush all the Time Mocked Reagan For calling The Former Soviet Union an Evil Empire and now that Russia has opened There Documents for the Worlds inspection We all know They Were an Evil "Scum bag" Empire. Who killed more Jews than hitler.

History will bear him out as it Buried clinton's Legacy
j5f5ff
+11|6742
and burried prosperity as well
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830
j5f5ff " and burried prosperity as well"

Ignoring attacks and avoiding Hard decisions Has proved much more Costly in Property and LIVES.
It created this mess you speak of. Wars are costly. Avoiding them is can be costlier. In New York City our opinions on WAR have to be Reality Based. We don't have the luxury anymore of cute little slogans as Blinder.

In case you havn't noticed, they havn't been back.
they would do well to wait for another Jerk off to take office
dshak
+4|6806
I coulda sworn someone a few posts ago called bush smart... this weeks sign the apocolypse is apon us? I'm not totally anti-bush, but as I've said many times thats only because he does possess the ability to surround himself with smart people. If I ever tried to say he himself was smart though I'd need oxygen because I'd be laughing hysterically at myself.

Just to throw this one out there... is ANYONE else out there just sadly dissappointed that Republicans picked Bush over Arizona Senator John Mccain???? I figure its about time somewhere in this post I got REAL liberal and blamed the Republicans for something. There it is.

as a proud independent I actually would have rode the elephant all the way to the polling center if Mccain had been nominated... want to guess why he wasn't...hmmmmm.... perhaps because he's a champion of campaign finance? maybe? possibly? Then again, while Mccain was rotting away in a POW camp in Vietname Bush was grooming himself for Commander in Chief in the national guard, wasn't he...

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-12 15:01:24)

audioboxer217
+0|6753
I gotta agree with you on that one dshak.  As you know I support Bush, but I would have much rather had McCain as a choice.  I also agree with Virtual Resistance, as do many people, that politicians in general seem to be more and more selfish but so are most of the American poeple.  I'll admit that I can sometimes be quite selfish, which is why I will never run for any public position.

Sadly, there is not much we can do about the problems with politicians.  All we can do is choose the best person running, support that person fully, and hope for the best.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830
I coulda sworn someone a few posts ago insinuated Bush is not smart...
I would have voted for McCain too but back up your opinion?
I fail to see where you place your evidence, Please back up your point,

he went to Yale had the same Gpa as kerry. how is he " not smart "

If Service to the Country wasnt a issue in 92.. Hero Vs Draft dodger without the balls to inhale.

or in 96 ..  Super Hero Vs draft Dodger Without the balls to inhale

Then why was it an Issue in
2004... Air Force NG Inteceptor pilot who didnt see action Vs Navy guy saw 4 months in Country ?

could the media be biased?
dshak
+4|6806
I back up my point, well, Bush does every time he opens his mouth. Just watch the tape of the recent summit press conference with the president of Argentina, as I said before, its like watching re-runs of he-haw. The Argentine president just stood there dumbfounded that the guy speaking was the so called leader of the free word.

Please don't throw grades at me to make your point, everone in here knows it doesn't take a brilliant person to get good grades. Some of the dumbest people I've ever met had a 4.0 GPA, and it also doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how guys like GW get into places like Yale. I work in the college environment, infact there are kids on my team that are potentially legally retarded yet still get decent grades. (sadly, I'm only half joking about that)

Also, can't really use Clinton or Kerry against me on this one either, because I never said he wasn't smart by comparison, you did, and I never voted for either one of those guys either.

Military service ALWAYS should be an issue in my mind, which is one of my anti-clinton points. You can call him an "Airforce NG Interceptor pilot" all you want, but the closest he ever came to combat was watching it on the evening news. I think if a guy saw one minute in country that qualifies him.

my position on this applies to ALL candidates, liberal or conservative - UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN SHOT AT YOURSELF YOU SHOULD'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEND OTHER PEOPLE TO GET SHOT AT. PERIOD.

Mccain was a great republican candidate who couldn't win the primary because he was against big money, instead big money, the POSTER CHILD of big money won the primary. it was a shame, because Mccain would have been the best of ALL the candidates, but gasp... he actually took a firm stance on an unpopular and controversial issue. What a moron, can't win elections that way can you!?!

Bush is not a complete moron, perhaps somewhere between idiot and moron... but the idea of calling him smart, nice try. You are right, media is very biased, but he makes it kind of easy. Just because someone is surrounded by smart people doesn't make them smart, and its a little too obvious when he stops reading the notecards his staff puts in his pocket and does a little improv... too many bushisms to quote.

This thread is asking what people think of bush, not the bush administration. my opinions on those two have pretty wide gap.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-12 17:07:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard