kiler100_uk
+2|6557|M'boro, England
Hi all. Just been reading the post by Boris at the top of this sectionand still cant get VOIP to work.

With VOIP enabled I can connect to a server, the map will load, but when I get to the kit selection screen, it immediately says "There is a problem with your connection".  I have joined a server ONCE will VOIP enabled and never any other times.

Im running with 1Mb Tiscali Broadband, wireless router (ive tried it with a LAN cable aswell) and my PING is always 20 to 30.

I have a v.cheap sound card (not integrated), dunno if this makes a difference.

Other than this the game runs perfectly.

Hope somebody can help me out here!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6564|Belgium

hey kiler100

The problem with your connection has nothing to do with the voip. Probably a crash from the server at that time, or a lot of packet loss on your own network. (Except if you have it EVERY time, but that seems rather strange to me).

I can't run voip myself, I noticed you already tried the solutions Boris suggested so I will try not to repeat them.

Try this:
-if you start bf2, switch out with alt tab and check if your mic is muted (bf2 mutes mics sometimes) so unmute it and go back in the game.
-make sure voip is enabled in the audio tab (but I guess you already checked that)

And else try a new soundcard (if you have the money for it). I have an onboard soundcard and it doesn't work with that neither.

But Ventrilo or Teamspeak works for me as extern programs so you might give that a try if you don't want to buy a good soundcard (costs some money).

Hope this helped! Otherwise good luck, and let me know if you found a solution!
kiler100_uk
+2|6557|M'boro, England
Does Anybody Think That A Better Quality Sound Card Will Solve My Voip Problems?  Im Getting One Soon Anyway.

Also, How Do You Know If You Are Losing Packets? And Would This Affect Voip?
kiler100_uk
+2|6557|M'boro, England
there has been a development in my VOIP problem.

I am able to use voip on small servers,  16man, 20man up to 32man approx

then i tried it on a 40 man server, as soon as i get to the kit selection screen i get  "There is a problem with your connection"  and lose connection.

any ideas?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard