+0|6758
Ive been tryin to get my pilot skills up in this game becuase i used to be a 1337zorz pilot back in bf 1942 and dc...

The only problem im having is using my bombs, since the massive increase in speed you have to start releasing your bombs sooner so they fly to your target...

Im having a hard time figuring out when to release my bombs

Every time i drop some i double tap c and try and see where my bombs are going... most of the time ending up with me slamming into a tree or w.e becuase i cant see where im going...

Can someone please tell me about how far away i need to drop em or give me some strats on this?

-Thanks hexorz
McCullough
+7|6848
Tip: Fly high and dive straight at your target, when you have the target within your sight release the bombs and they will hit where you aimed.
BladeRunner
+5|6759|UK
How EASY was it bombing in a Spitfire? I hear your pain, brother.
+0|6758
yea divebombing has proven useful, any other tricks for when your going lateral to em?...

--=You have no idea how much i miss Spitfires=-- lol

I miss my b17 Superfortress even more... those eight bombs were like hell raining down upon you...lol
nzjafa
+2|6776
what does double tapping 'c' do?
+0|6758
Change your view so u can see behind you?

?????what the??????
BladeRunner
+5|6759|UK
Dunno why but I had a good spree in a jet tonight, actually bombed some stuff for a change. Fly towards 'em, not too quick then dive at them and release...It's one of those things, when you've done it a couple of times you get a feel for when is the right time to dive and release.

Zen and the art of Bombing

next...

Zen and the art of Arty

@ 34766: The cannons on that thing were increadible...oh for a jeep mounted one
Turtle
+7|6767|Boulder, CO
I'm pretty sure there's a comprehensive guide to flying and bombing around here somewhere. I would suggest binding a button you can hit quickly to rear view so you can see where your bombs hit, play around with bombing for awhile, take different approaches to your target. The bombs are carried by momentum so if you try making a sharp turn to hit your target they're going to fly wide unless you straighten out first. It's also pretty important to learn how to bomb without slowing down so much that you become an easy target. The best way to bomb is to swoop down and release JUST before the bottom of your descent so they just barely fly forward into your target, the only way to get both bombs to hit square in a fighter jet.
Definately make a rear view button tho, along with knowing where you hit, it's also essential to escaping other pilots.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6798|England
Go on an empty server with somebody you know then go on opposite teams and bomb him, then he can tell you if your too early / late etc. that’s how i learnt.
divided
Clear!
+3|6783
I used to have a lot of trouble with it, but eventually I got a feel for the speed of the bombs and now I just drop them when I feel they will hit.  I don't miss often.
vjs
+19|6781
Pretty much correct there is no one place to bomb like cross-hairs on the screen.

You can fly slow and level not too near the ground... let them rip.

-------------------------

This may sound stoopid but it worked for me...

Find an empty server, then Fly like your going to bomb.
Now instead of releasing bombs press the E key (seriously) ... you will get a fairly good view of exactly where your bombs are going to hit if you don't press anything else.

The above is not a joke.

I was amazed how far the bombs will actually travel through the air before hitting the ground. They don't slow down much nor do they lose forward speed very quickly. About the same as pressing E, perhaps bombs travel a little further but you get 2 remember to drop early.

-------------------------

Now if your a noob bomber pilot that won't practice on an empty server this works very well on ranked servers with other people as well. The only thing you have to change is your spawn point... the one furthest from the runway works best.
ArkAng37
+1|6855|San Antonio, TX
Chick has nice ass! FUCK THE AIRPLANE....
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

ArkAng37 wrote:

Chick has nice ass! FUCK THE AIRPLANE....
stuff the airplane fuck the chick!!
+0|6758
lmao, im getting amazing respones's to my sig...

IM HOLDING A VOTE....

a) You think my Sig is hot and want to bang it....

b) For some reason you dont want to....?

c) All of the Above ( For those of you who have Split Personalities )
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6803
go high, go into a dive, and aim to where as if you were to cut off your engines...where you would crash is where you need to aim, release, pull up, after burners
chickenmuncher
+2|6761| U.S.A.
Yes, she does, but there needs to be more.

Also, I come from Battlefeild 1942 and Dc also, the way i made it easy on myself was fly medium highth and then have like a 60 degree angle while no boost, then drop bombs, easy for me.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

ok i have a very weird bombing style, but i've had mates look for me and i've got it down pat. I bomb @ 0 degrees. Serious. And i land the bomb directly on top of my target by making him in line with my pipper. I practised by getting a mate to watch the clean sweep hanger, and I'll practice taking out the jet inside with a bomb. Then slowly progressing to chasing him in a jeep and getting a bomb on him.

works for me.
SokViChet
+1|6798
I love finding jeeps running across an open desert!  They usually contain 2 or more soldiers, and you only have to get the bombs close.  Anywhere in the vacinity will kill everyone inside.  You have to dive bomb armor though.  This is because only a direct hit will kill them especially if you only hit with one bomb.  I dive a t a fairly steep angle and put the target between the center crosshair and the curved line below.  I usually hit fairly straight on, but Im still getting it down.
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here
If you are missing the targets, chances are you are missing long, just release the bombs earlier than you feel you should and you will normally hit the target everytime.

You can just create a local server, 64 players, on Dragon Valley, then just bomb the same points with vehicles everytime at the same direction, angle, and speed until you are destroying the vehicles on one pass. 

When you switch to rear-look view, just pull up and you won't crash into anything, then switch back and gain control of the aircraft.
Another idea is to set the respawn time to the minimum, and crash on purpose.  That way you don't waste time flying back to re-arm.  Just spawn, bomb, watch, crash, re-spawn, bomb, watch, crash, etc, until you hit the target consistently.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6792|The Hague, Holland

34766 wrote:

lmao, im getting amazing respones's to my sig...

IM HOLDING A VOTE....

a) You think my Sig is hot and want to bang it....

b) For some reason you dont want to....?

c) All of the Above ( For those of you who have Split Personalities )
a) I'd f*ck her sir..
Turtle
+7|6767|Boulder, CO

SokViChet wrote:

I love finding jeeps running across an open desert!  They usually contain 2 or more soldiers, and you only have to get the bombs close.  Anywhere in the vacinity will kill everyone inside.  You have to dive bomb armor though.  This is because only a direct hit will kill them especially if you only hit with one bomb.  I dive a t a fairly steep angle and put the target between the center crosshair and the curved line below.  I usually hit fairly straight on, but Im still getting it down.
I don't bomb jeeps unless I don't see them soon enough. If you can see a jeep ahead landing a few rounds from the mg will rip a jeep apart. Bombing them is just another run back to the strip, I try to save em for armored vehicles.
yellow_bunny
+0|6757|India
Most of my time in BF2 is using jets so let me give some tips.For bombing try to be as vertical as possible when you drop you bombs.The more vertical you are the more accurate you are.I always drop my bombs in a shallow dive - either fighter or the fighter-bomber.
For dogfighting get a lock tone on your enemy and see if he releases flares - if he does then switch to bomb mode (this makes him think that he is clear) , then go back to missile mode and launch ALL your a2a missiles before total lock.This way he has almost no chance of escaping.
These are some of my tips

Last edited by yellow_bunny (2005-11-11 10:09:22)

slidero

yellow_bunny wrote:

Most of my time in BF2 is using jets so let me give some tips.For bombing try to be as vertical as possible when you drop you bombs.The more vertical you are the more accurate you are.I always drop my bombs in a shallow dive - either fighter or the fighter-bomber.
For dogfighting get a lock tone on your enemy and see if he releases flares - if he does then switch to bomb mode (this makes him think that he is clear) , then go back to missile mode and launch ALL your a2a missiles before total lock.This way he has almost no chance of escaping.
These are some of my tips
Hahahah who wouldn't use their rear chase cam after they get lock.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard