david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6737|Comber, Northern Ireland

Snake wrote:

AT class is for noobs? O, im sorry, is killing a tank with 3-4 rockets a job for noobs is it? (or 2 if you are experieced with it, which im guessing you are not. Chances are, you are a stat padding medic whore).
Is taking out the tanks and APC's which are spawn raping you over and over, a job for noobs? Get a life.

If youve ever gone outside of Karkand, then AT class is a must have. Ever tried running 200m to a tank who is pounding your flag as a spec ops or engineer to lay those C4/mines on it? I guess not. Its possible on city maps, but on the other maps out there...you gota be joking. You try taking out swarms of Armour with a medic rifle. Go on, show me how its done. Then come crawling back to the noob AT'ers when you have just earned another PH and they have taken out those feckin tanks.
And so what if some ATers use their rockets on Infantry? Do you know how easy it is to avoid a rocket? Hmmm, *jump*. Ooo, *sidestep*. Its not easy to hit Infantry with an AT rocket, and when you do, its an achievement. To be honest, there is nothing wrong with it. Its a part of the game. Get used to it.

AT class is the shit, cos you can take out armour and helis. 2 hits on a heli, and that sukkas gone. Try playing as a team in a squad, get a few AT guys and no tank is gona come close. We had a 3man AT squad on FuShe one time going round in an FAV, we took out 15tanks/APC's and 3 helis between us, for a combined 5 deaths.
Now, if thats a noob class on a non infantry map, then by fuck, im the biggest noob in the world.
right on!. +1 for you
.|microphage
+4|6630|Vancouver, BC
AT is effective on city maps and everwhere else. Without it, how can they kill snipers with their Eryx

k30dxedle wrote:

Yeah, next time you get raped by an M1A2 don't come crying to me.
I won't get raped by an M1A2 because I don't run infront of them like an idiot.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6576|Florida
I think the weapons would be a little more beneficial....only because they are more accurate at longer distances.  I think the weapons are ok as they are...the MP5 and P90 are cool with me, but sometimes I would like to be able to kill at longer ranges.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
The idea was that AT backed up squads.

Realistically, every AT user wants to destroy tanks AND wtfpwn infantry. Imagine if AT got the same gun as assault/medic (m16):

-Assault and medic become equal to AT in combat abillities (bar the medic's sprint)
-AT can now wtfpwn infantry AND tanks AND whore eryxes against infantry
-There would be a massive wave of AT players. Any such a mass of players is never much fun (stupid PKM-whores, g36e worshippers, revive-and-die whores, etc.)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Dirtracer90
+8|6683
the at class is not for noobs, i find them as like livesavers especially when ur trying to defend a flag and a tank comes along and ur a kit that is not suited to take out tanks and along spawns an at guy who takes out the tank or if he dies u pick up his kit and destroy the tank
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6535|Search Whore killing fields
I like my PKM thank you very much
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6842|Sacramento, Cal
If you play as AT my hats off to you, cause I'm an Armor/Medic whore.   And I love a good light snack....

Last edited by eMarine (2006-06-21 14:50:01)

l41e
+677|6646

Like Sarge said, AT is NOT supposed to kill infantry. I am anti-tank, no? I am supposed to destroy tanks, no? I have this big anti-tank rocket, no? Want to kill infantry? Play assault.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6559|Here.
The introduction of of an AR to the AT class (minus the 4x), may reduce the amount of people using rockets on infantry. Then again, it may not.

Regardless, AT dont need a 4x scoped weapon. If you want a scope, play sniper.
C.Schaffer
+19|6596|Sweden
yeah the medics should be armed with a mp5
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
On a server earlier 2 squad mates spawned on me. 1 anti tank, another assault, we see like 6 guys coming down the street, Im calling for suplie crate because I got 1 mag left. The assault dumbass runs behind the building because he deosnt want to get shot. AT guy follows him kills him takes his kit kills 4 of em, i got the other 2. Then sure fucking enough the support guy spawns after we kill the guys, dumbass. So if your squad mates arent doing thier job, Kill them and take thier kit if you need it.

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-06-22 07:11:26)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6758
All we need to do is swap the medic and assault unlocks to balance it out. Medic's should have the short range weapons, and assault the long.
l41e
+677|6646

Nah don't switch the G3 though, Assault should assault, not Medic.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6528|Boston, MA

Talon wrote:

All we need to do is swap the medic and assault unlocks to balance it out. Medic's should have the short range weapons, and assault the long.
Uhh, why is that? Do you not understand the term "assault"? To actually assault something is to attack it, and if you attack it, you already are close range. There is no need for long range weapons when you should always be close range. Medics should hang back and pick people off from a distance so the coast is clear for them to run up and heal their teammates, trust me, I know how to play medic.

As for this whole thing, I think it's perfectly fine as it is. AT doesn't need to shoot people long range, the rocket launchers are their main weapons. The MP5 is simply a defense weapon used for close ranged infantry that is shooting at you. However, I think they should get at least two hand grenades. Just so they could quickly and more quietly destroy the supply crates and then attack the actual tank quicker. Other than that, everything is fine the way it is. Yes, I would personally like to see them get rifles because then they'd be an awesome combat kit but everything is supposed to be balanced out to encourage teamwork.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6581|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The AT class in fine, I have played it around 25 hours and it is an even class, just like all the others.  Just remember one thing guys, TEAMWORK!  When me and my bro Shim123 play as AT we coordinate our attacks.  For example we split up, but not too far away from each other.  We will spot the armor, and coordinate the missiles at the same time.  If it is a tank, it will be confused and doesn't know which way to look and feels over welmed.  Then one of use will finish the tank off.  Very powerful if AT work in a team.  And the Rocket is very big which doesn't allow for a rifle to be carried, thus the reason for an SMG/Shotgun.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

If its karkand or mashtuur - dont play AT, you'd be more beneficial with the other classes unless the US have the refinery, in which case, 2 tanks and APC's to take out.

Every other map, AT is necessary, unless you're in a tank, in which case, an engineer. But even then, im often AT just for that additional shot if/when you lose out in a tank battle.
...now im beginning to see why AT is "rarely" played by a lot of people

Last edited by Snake (2006-06-23 10:06:00)

l41e
+677|6646

No one plays AT because you're supposed to kill tanks. It will take you at the very least 2 shots to take it down, while it can kill you with 1 shell or a second of co-ax fire. Thus those people who care about their K/D a lot tend to stay away.
Amish_electrition22
+9|6635|Minneapolis-MN
I just want some nades!!!!!!11

I play at kinda alot on kark and Sharqui so alot of bunched up enemies. Or incrase splash of rockets. The p90 is fine. No better weapn. Just practice.

Last edited by Amish_electrition22 (2006-06-23 11:22:56)

PCShooterNoob
+22|6537|Florida

~dogpile87~ wrote:

at least his name tells all......NOOB.  normally i don't rip people but this is just retarded.  here is a link to his stats:  http://bf2s.com/player/67045114/ 
first of all you can't talk about the medic class b/c out of the 200 hours you have played, less than 3 of them have been as a medic so you obviously have not experience in the class at all. 
second, although you do have 35 hours as anti tank, only one of those has been with the smg so again you have to experience. 
and finally you have no room to talk so the next time you think about saying something don't.  learn to be good with what is given to you.
First...I don't use Medics often BECAUSE I feel like they're cheap and completely unchallenging to use.  Same reason I'll never unlock the PKM, and why I never use the sword in Halo 2.  With the medic kits, I get a point about every 5 seconds, and whenever I'm in trouble I can just whip out a G36E or L85 to mow down infantry like nothing.  I only play them when I'm in a squad in desperate need of a medic.  But of course you don't think medics are cheap...it's your most played kit and where the largest chunk of your kills and team points come from.  Yes, I am a noob at PC Shooters...I never had mommy and daddy's money to have a computer good enough to play them.  But don't be an asshole, or mistake my lack of experience with PC games, or integrity as a gamer as idiocy.  I got a gold star on my first or second day the first time I used a medic kit, and the first time I used a PKM I mowed down a squad of six people and took out a (Probably severely damaged) attack copter.  When I suck at a game and am able to do these things instantly, I realized that they were the easy way out, and sought other ways to play.  I like to be challenged, and that's why I don't have the medic hours, and that's why I use Anti-Tank.  I'll use the kit no matter what, and get good at it.  But there are plenty of reasons it's underpowered, AND plenty of ways to make it work.  Teamwork, as many people have said, being the main one.  But you can't control what your team does.

And Vampira, I know that there are places to hit all vehicles for quicker kills, thanks for presenting an intelligent counter argument.  But said vehicles can kill you in one hit, and often times, you have to fire and take cover quickly, so you don't always have the luxury of precise aiming, know what I mean?  Not to mention that blowing up supply crates tends to give away you position in a big way.   And you're absolutely right, 9 times our of 10, the vodnik or hummer is toast...but I honestly think it should be 10 times out of 10.  how can you logically call something an anti-TANK rocket if it can't even take out a light transport...?

Last edited by PCShooterNoob (2006-06-26 15:52:56)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals

PCShooterNoob wrote:

~dogpile87~ wrote:

at least his name tells all......NOOB.  normally i don't rip people but this is just retarded.  here is a link to his stats:  http://bf2s.com/player/67045114/ 
first of all you can't talk about the medic class b/c out of the 200 hours you have played, less than 3 of them have been as a medic so you obviously have not experience in the class at all. 
second, although you do have 35 hours as anti tank, only one of those has been with the smg so again you have to experience. 
and finally you have no room to talk so the next time you think about saying something don't.  learn to be good with what is given to you.
First...I don't use Medics often BECAUSE I feel like they're cheap and completely unchallenging to use.  Same reason I'll never unlock the PKM, and why I never use the sword in Halo 2.  With the medic kits, I get a point about every 5 seconds, and whenever I'm in trouble I can just whip out a G36E or L85 to mow down infantry like nothing.  I only play them when I'm in a squad in desperate need of a medic.  But of course you don't think medics are cheap...it's your most played kit and where the largest chunk of your kills and team points come from.  Yes, I am a noob at PC Shooters...I never had mommy and daddy's money to have a computer good enough to play them.  But don't be an asshole, or mistake my lack of experience with PC games, or integrity as a gamer as idiocy.  I got a gold star on my first or second day the first time I used a medic kit, and the first time I used a PKM I mowed down a squad of six people and took out a (Probably severely damaged) attack copter.  When I suck at a game and am able to do these things instantly, I realized that they were the easy way out, and sought other ways to play.  I like to be challenged, and that's why I don't have the medic hours, and that's why I use Anti-Tank.  I'll use the kit no matter what, and get good at it.  But there are plenty of reasons it's underpowered, AND plenty of ways to make it work.  Teamwork, as many people have said, being the main one.  But you can't control what your team does.

And Vampira, I know that there are places to hit all vehicles for quicker kills, thanks for presenting an intelligent counter argument.  But said vehicles can kill you in one hit, and often times, you have to fire and take cover quickly, so you don't always have the luxury of precise aiming, know what I mean?  Not to mention that blowing up supply crates tends to give away you position in a big way.   And you're absolutely right, 9 times our of 10, the vodnik or hummer is toast...but I honestly think it should be 10 times out of 10.  how can you logically call something an anti-TANK rocket if it can't even take out a light transport...?
Who gives a fuck,im chuck norris
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

PCShooterNoob wrote:

~dogpile87~ wrote:

You're my hero
Entertayner
+826|6568

david363 wrote:

i think it wud be good to give the anti tank class either an M16 with a x4 scope or and M4 with the same, this would make teh class more effective, and i think the MP5 should be given to the medic class

what do you guys think?

and plz dont negetive karma me for this
4x zoom?! o_O the SVD sniper only has 3x [correct me if i'm wrong]
deject
Got His War On
+37|6771|Golden, CO
Giving the AT class a carbine or rifle would unbalance the game.  Think about it, to make it fair you'd have to give the medic class an anti-tank capability.

The AT class has rockets.  The Medics get rifles.  Why do you think they're different classes?

Maybe if an AT and a medic working together something would get done.
SiMSaM16
+48|6691|United States of America
How old is this thread? I feel like I ate it and crapped it out a month ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard