delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6722
Im downloading special forces from ea.com..
anyone allready play?

Last edited by delta4bravo*nl* (2005-11-11 06:07:20)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
Is that what it is? A demo?
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6722
no its the real deal, 1GB cost $29

Last edited by delta4bravo*nl* (2005-11-11 06:08:14)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
what, we dont have to pay!?
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6722
Its an exspension pack offcourse you have to pay.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
It's a pre-load thingy, you pay it now and D/L it, but you can't play it until 22nd November.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Its an exspension pack offcourse you have to pay.
Ok I really am confused now dude.

You can download the game from EA. But you still have to pay?

Would you please explain how this works dude? Much appreciated.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6722
22november that sucks
Sprinks
+0|6770
EA has some new downloading service (that requires you to pay for your games) and to kick off the whole thing they're launching SF first, download now, pay now, wait till release day to play it.
Guruz
Sir
I f'king said that 2 minutes ago, don't try to steal my spotlight of wisdom.
Sprinks
+0|6770
ok, calm down.  Consider it reinforcing your previous statement.
Guruz
Sir

Sprinks wrote:

ok, calm down.  Consider it reinforcing your previous statement.
I was joking, that's what humor is like here in Finland. I'm so sorry.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
Ooh I gjet it .
Hm..Naah I'll just buy it in the store.

Thanx for the explenation guyz
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6733

yeah, Steam has done this for ages, nothing that new
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6766|Barrington, RI

Coolbeano wrote:

yeah, Steam has done this for ages, nothing that new
and look how well it worked out for HL2....
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK
It's stupid though, yes I would rather download and make my own backup but for what? We are getting no manual, no CD & no case (I do realise that these things only cost pennies to make) but they had a real chance to lower the price and change the way we get our games by cutting out the middle man, but for the same price we can have our own hard-copy I am dissapointed that we still seem to have to pay this premium when they could be making some real hard sales.
Turtle
+7|6727|Boulder, CO

Milk.org wrote:

It's stupid though, yes I would rather download and make my own backup but for what? We are getting no manual, no CD & no case (I do realise that these things only cost pennies to make) but they had a real chance to lower the price and change the way we get our games by cutting out the middle man, but for the same price we can have our own hard-copy I am dissapointed that we still seem to have to pay this premium when they could be making some real hard sales.
You're paying the difference in shipping and packaging in order to stay out of the sunlight and continue being a pasty computer geek. Also, I would be surprised if a manual wasn't included as a doc of pdf.
BladeRunner
+5|6718|UK

Turtle wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

You're paying the difference in shipping and packaging in order to stay out of the sunlight and continue being a pasty computer geek. Also, I would be surprised if a manual wasn't included as a doc of pdf.
Plus the BF2 manual is only half a step away from being useless anyhoo
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6719|Florida
Eh, it's tempting in the sense that I don't actually have to go out and buy it.  But if I was to someday reformat my computer I would be afraid of it getting lost and that $30 down the drain.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
Just save the download to a disc! 
GAK-Blaskowitz
+0|6721

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Just save the download to a disc! 
Uh huh.....it's a 1.2 GB download.  Hope you have a DVD burner.....
lilmike815
+2|6765|Chicago, IL, U. S. A.
Like steam u could probley just have an account with ea so you can dowload it more than once. Because if you couldnt download it just once and something happaned to your hard drive it woudl make the download service usless. I think there trying to go ina steam like way with all your games in a like account with the server brower thing from gamespy.....so u could just download all the MOH's and other popular games that are multiplayer directly to you harddrive. And The price its still teh same because they have to buy more servers/bandwith for all the downloads. But, I doubt it would cost more than it would for cost of the case and for the pacakaging and S&H for it being in a store. They could of chopped off and extra dollar or 5......Was tax chared with your purchase???
spage
Get Claymores, Here!
+7|6743
I've done this with the expansions for Star Wars Galaxies, basicly you pay for it, d/l it then it's credited to your account so when i've had to reformat it sees that I have already paid for the expack and just re d/ls it.
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6719|Florida
Sort of lame now that I read that link.  You won't be able to play until 1pm EST?  What the eff.  I can go down to the 24 hour Wal-Mart, but it the night before and be playing it by midnight.

Does anyone know how they are only letting you play on that specific time?  I mean, if it had to do with your computer time/date settings, you could change it and play today.  But I'm sure EA thought of that and are using a different method.  So yeah, anyone know?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard