xferrarixenzox
+-3|6778
What happens when your computer get zapped by a power surge?

After I got power back after hurricane wilma, the power flickered. My bro had the computer on.

Now every time it says "EA games, Challenge Everything" when starting BF2, my computer just restarts.

Does anyone if it was cuz the power flickered or what i can do?

Thanks
GTKtino
+0|6778
My best opinion would be; get a new power supply.
shaunboulton
+1|6772
ure computer might need a good old fashioned clean, it maybe overheating....maybe
xferrarixenzox
+-3|6778
the problem is.... its my bros computer, hes in college and he'll kill me if  i mess with it so i cant clean it.
KillerAFET
+3|6788|Abilene, Texas
Not a power supply or dirty computer.  The likely problem is a corrupt Windows registry.  Reload the game over the old game and it will fix the problem.
xferrarixenzox
+-3|6778
KillerAFET, can you explain please? Not sure I know exactly what you are talking about.....
KillerAFET
+3|6788|Abilene, Texas
Windows maintains a record of all program settings and links to Dynamic Link Libraries is a file known as the registry.  If Windows is not properly shut down, like in a power interruption, the registry may become corrupt or unstable.  If the rest of the system is working normally and the only problem with the computer is a dump during the running of the game the fault lies within the registry.  The fix is to uninstall the program and reinstall it including the 1.03 patch.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as … -US;256986
xferrarixenzox
+-3|6778
ok ill try

thx
-DS-Carbon
+0|6769|New Hampshire
It could be bad ram, my work computer was going that to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard