Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ofcourse they dont matter dude, Only because the UN cant enforce them. We end up having to do it. Why we have that sham of an organization based in NY ill never know(maybe because its as currupt as New York LOl) But i feel as does the Govt, the UN is Useless. The UN wouldnt enforce a curfew unless it got a kickback.

BTW, I didnt need proof, Everyone and there children Know the UN is useless.
The UN is an idea, guy, not a country with an army and shit!  And it's in NYC (more corrupt than DC?!  Um, no.) because the US is a founding member.

It sounds like you wouldn't mind if it went the way of the League of Nations...
Your absolutly right I wish it would fold. Its nothing but a currupt self serving country club of currupt third world nations. Theres more bribery going on  in the UN than there is in a Godfather movie. Oh and Yah the UN does have an army, but unfortunatly Most countries are too chickenshit to send troops Under UN control.
And you base this on what...?

Or don't you realise that the UN is the main reason there will not be a World War like the ones in the first half of the 20th century?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6542|vancouver

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

The UN is an idea, guy, not a country with an army and shit!  And it's in NYC (more corrupt than DC?!  Um, no.) because the US is a founding member.

Your absolutly right I wish it would fold. Its nothing but a currupt self serving country club of currupt third world nations. Theres more bribery going on  in the UN than there is in a Godfather movie. Oh and Yah the UN does have an army, but unfortunatly Most countries are too chickenshit to send troops Under UN control.
What makes The Godfather such a great movie is the number of levels it works on.  It scales down.  But it also scales up.

And I'm shocked if you're telling me that representatives of third world dictatorships are corrupt.

https://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/o-srsly.jpg

Ever heard of Jack Abramoff?  Now is he a step up, or a step down on the Godfather scale, from (1) GTA-fiend to (10) oh... most powerful government on the planet?  I'm guessing up.

No but really, you've totally disillusioned me with the UN.  If there's tinpot dictatorships in the world, I don't think we can go on with this whole "talking to other countries" bullshit.  We should just put China on notice already, get some target practice going on France, and whoever doesn't like it is next!  YEWWWWWW!!!!!! 
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

Spark wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

And you base this on what...?

Or don't you realise that the UN is the main reason there will not be a World War like the ones in the first half of the 20th century?
Only because countries like France, Russia and germany(and a few thirdworld new members) Stand to lose a ton of money if it does fold.  Do you really think the UN can prevent WW3? Ok lets sit back and see what happens with Iran and NK then we can talk. Until then, believe in what you want.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

spastic bullet wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

What makes The Godfather such a great movie is the number of levels it works on.  It scales down.  But it also scales up.

And I'm shocked if you're telling me that representatives of third world dictatorships are corrupt.

http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/o-srsly.jpg

Ever heard of Jack Abramoff?  Now is he a step up, or a step down on the Godfather scale, from (1) GTA-fiend to (10) oh... most powerful government on the planet?  I'm guessing up.

No but really, you've totally disillusioned me with the UN.  If there's tinpot dictatorships in the world, I don't think we can go on with this whole "talking to other countries" bullshit.  We should just put China on notice already, get some target practice going on France, and whoever doesn't like it is next!  YEWWWWWW!!!!!! 
The UN needs to be disbanned and reformed the right way. I mean when you put a country in charge of human rights and that country is comitting genocide while in charge, theres something veery fucking wrong with it.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6686|Hell's prison

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

BTW Just for informations sake, Saddam was meeting with Iran and North Korean Officials On acquiring the parts for long range missiles that he was prohibited to have. Iran and North Korea backed out because the US and its allies were getting too close.
JMO
Prove it. The US government can't, so I doubt you can either.
And I highly doubt you can disprove it.
spastic bullet
+77|6542|vancouver

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

The UN needs to be disbanned and reformed the right way. I mean when you put a country in charge of human rights and that country is comitting genocide while in charge, theres something veery fucking wrong with it.
So you're not so much arguing against the idea of the UN, so much as its lack of amenability to a single country's interests.  Namely, the one which insisted on taking on a hefty chunk of its bills in return for supersize influence, even though it doesn't like to actually pay its bills so much.  Fair enough.

And I'm not sure who this one country "in charge of human rights" is supposed to be (specifics are good), but if it's to do with a certain dictator who killed more American civilians on one cold night over Scotland in 1988 than Saddam Hussein ever managed, and who for some unknown reason is back on friendly terms and gets to stay a dictator, you might be defeating your own argument a bit.

Human rights are the responsibility of all countries.  If you want cooperation, you have to have participation.  If you want participation, you have to have dialogue.  If you want dialogue, you have to have a forum.  The UN is that forum.  If it's busted, it's because certain forces perceive it to be within their interests to undermine it, and starve it of funding at every turn.

Anyway, since you want to disband it and reform it the right way, what would you do differently?

EDIT: Grammarize FTW!

Last edited by spastic bullet (2006-06-21 07:36:32)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

spastic bullet wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

So you're not so much arguing against the idea of the UN, so much as its lack of amenability to a single country's interests.  Namely, the one which insisted on taking on a hefty chunk of its bills in return for supersize influence, even though it doesn't like to actually pay its bills so much.  Fair enough.

And I'm not sure who this one country "in charge of human rights" is supposed to be (specifics are good), but if it's to do with a certain dictator who killed more American civilians on one cold night over Scotland in 1988 than Saddam Hussein ever managed, and who for some unknown reason is back on friendly terms and gets to stay a dictator, you might be defeating your own argument a bit.

Human rights are the responsibility of all countries.  If you want cooperation, you have to have participation.  If you want participation, you have to have dialogue.  If you want dialogue, you have to have a forum.  The UN is that forum.  If it's busted, it's because certain forces perceive it to be within their interests to undermine it, and starve it of funding at every turn.

Anyway, since you want to disband it and reform it the right way, what would you do differently?

EDIT: Grammarize FTW!
Syria Was one, and Theres a couple more that were in charge recently. The names escape me right now, Im to dang busy doing other things sorry.
slo5oh
+28|6662

thanks_champ wrote:

A timetable would at least let the Iraqi people know that they are not going to be permanently occupied by the US.
Imo it all depends on what their goals are in Iraq. If it's to train up the Iraqi armed forces to the point where they are able to take over control, then there should be no problem speculating on how long that will take.
If the goal is to attempt to kill every single guerilla fighter then your right, setting a timetable is pointless, but so is the goal.
You have to realize what we are dealing with.  They have been born and raise to hate and want to kill all westerners.  How long do you think it will take to remove racisim from a race of people?  I expect we will have a heavy hand in their affairs for at least another 10 years.  We need for the lower school grade children to be raised without blindly hating the west and everyone that's not muslim.  Sure we'll never get rid of all the racism, but there's still morons in Germany calling themselves neo-nazis, there's still lots of american's both in the north and south that hate blacks, gays, etc, just because they're different.

As to the UN.  I smell bull....
The UN's assorted laws have not stopped anything in decades.  It's mostly controlled by communists countries now pushing their communist laws through politics.

Last edited by slo5oh (2006-06-21 16:55:32)

spastic bullet
+77|6542|vancouver

slo5oh wrote:

thanks_champ wrote:

A timetable would at least let the Iraqi people know that they are not going to be permanently occupied by the US.
Imo it all depends on what their goals are in Iraq. If it's to train up the Iraqi armed forces to the point where they are able to take over control, then there should be no problem speculating on how long that will take.
If the goal is to attempt to kill every single guerilla fighter then your right, setting a timetable is pointless, but so is the goal.
You have to realize what we are dealing with.  They have been born and raise to hate and want to kill all westerners.  How long do you think it will take to remove racisim from a race of people?  I expect we will have a heavy hand in their affairs for at least another 10 years.  We need for the lower school grade children to be raised without blindly hating the west and everyone that's not muslim.  Sure we'll never get rid of all the racism, but there's still morons in Germany calling themselves neo-nazis, there's still lots of american's both in the north and south that hate blacks, gays, etc, just because they're different.

As to the UN.  I smell bull....
The UN's assorted laws have not stopped anything in decades.  It's mostly controlled by communists countries now pushing their communist laws through politics.
Do you find it annoying when people tar the whole US with the racist brush because of the existence of American racists?  Do proponents of such views come off as knowledgeable of their subject matter, or basically ignorant?

You're right -- there are racists all over the place, and racism is probably not going to go away in our lifetime.  Does that mean keeping a military presence in increasingly hostile countries indefinitely is a good way of addressing the problem?  Let me put it this way -- would an occupation of perceived "racist strongholds" in the US by a foreign army likely reduce, or exacerbate racism in that area?  How about if the timeline of that occupation was completely open-ended, because they didn't want to "encourage" the racists by seeming to "waver in their resolve"?  Be honest, now.

And so, to the UN...  The UN is the "United Nations", no more no less.  It represents an idea, born out of a sudden recognition that our species' longstanding tradition of slaughtering each other had reached a kind of technological zenith.  There were only about 20 years between WWI and WWII, but we still haven't wiped ourselves out and it's been 60 years since Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so I think the UN is not quite as ineffective as you might think.

And "mostly controlled by communist countries now pushing their communist laws through politics"?  Are you on glue?!  You can count the number of communist countries in the world on one hand, and if you think they "control the UN" you need to give your head a shake.  Undermining the UN has dangerous precedents in history, and these days, there isn't nearly as much margin for error.

If that hinders a country's plans for global domination -- whether it's China, Russia, France, Britain, or even [gasp] the US -- well, too fucking bad.  What good is an empire if it's 90% radioactive wasteland, anyway?

I just realized the points in the post you quoted still stand, and you basically don't even try to refute them in your "reply".  I should have noticed that before I started replying to yours, but oh well... 
HolmWrecker
+2|6711|Nibiru

Flecco wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

BTW Just for informations sake, Saddam was meeting with Iran and North Korean Officials On acquiring the parts for long range missiles that he was prohibited to have. Iran and North Korea backed out because the US and its allies were getting too close.
JMO
Uhh... It is on record that US soldiers found some rather large illegal warhead delivery (SCUD launchers and modified missles that had extended range capability) systems that Iraq was NOT meant to have due to the sanctions. They didn't find any WMDs though...
Um...as of today it was officially announced that some 500 WMD items were found in Iraq.
Things like sarin and mustard gas, extremely dangerous shit.
Look it up.
Funny how the politicians responsible for getting the info out had to fight long and hard to release this info...funny indeed.
Finally, we can get past this stupid 'no WMD'S!!' crapola.
Souls
+14|6664|Garden City, KS. USA
The only thing I like about a deadline is it tells the Iraqis to get their butts in gear and work harder at running thier own country...America won't be there forever.  Its a good idea actually to discuss this in congress because this does say to the Iraqis this exact message.   I  think its a bad idea to actually set a date though.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok

HolmWrecker wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Uhh... It is on record that US soldiers found some rather large illegal warhead delivery (SCUD launchers and modified missles that had extended range capability) systems that Iraq was NOT meant to have due to the sanctions. They didn't find any WMDs though...
Um...as of today it was officially announced that some 500 WMD items were found in Iraq.
Look it up.
Funny how the politicians responsible for getting the info out had to fight long and hard to release this info...funny indeed.
LOL I LOVE IT....To all the ignorant asshats that told me i was wrong....and get this..EVEN AFTER I HAD SEEN THE ARTY SHELLS WITH MY OWN EYES.  F**K YOU.  I knew they were there, thousands of the soldiers knew they were there.  Funny but i wonder how much longer before it actually makes major media.  I love it.

Lol so far for this post i recieved a +1 and a -1 on karma. I seem to be breaking even these last few weeks. Was on a +15 streak.

Last edited by 2ndLt.Tucker (2006-06-21 19:55:10)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

HolmWrecker wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Look it up.
LOL I LOVE IT....To all the ignorant asshats that told me i was wrong....and get this..EVEN AFTER I HAD SEEN THE ARTY SHELLS WITH MY OWN EYES.  F**K YOU.  I knew they were there, thousands of the soldiers knew they were there.  Funny but i wonder how much longer before it actually makes major media.  I love it.

Lol so far for this post i recieved a +1 and a -1 on karma. I seem to be breaking even these last few weeks. Was on a +15 streak.
Good on you partner, I did a little time over there in Iraq also and I saw alot with my own two eyes also but it just seems to never make it to the news or the numerous pictures I have of the Iraq people coming up to me a hugging, saluting, and thanking me and my men for being there and even today ( just got an email from a buddy who went back for 2nd time, he said they still thanks us and are happy to have us there) We figure probably out of 1 out of 10 don't want us there ( I don't blame them I wouldn' t want them in my back yard)

USMC 0311/8541
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ashkal
+2|6521
How many nuclear weapons has your country got Headstone? 5,000 or more? And how many wars has your government started in the last 5 years? I'm not worried about Muslim fundamentalists, I'm worried about the nutcase Christians sitting in the Whitehouse.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

ashkal wrote:

How many nuclear weapons has your country got Headstone? 5,000 or more? And how many wars has your government started in the last 5 years? I'm not worried about Muslim fundamentalists, I'm worried about the nutcase Christians sitting in the Whitehouse.
So your a christian hater? Is that YOUR goal in life? You better feel damn lucky we have what we have so we can use them to save your sorry ass when the time comes.

edited for stupid keyboard screwup.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-06-24 20:03:42)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

And I highly doubt you can disprove it.
Ooooh, this game sounds fun.  Horseman is actually working for Al Qaeda, trying to keep the US mired in Iraq.  Disprove it.
herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus

ashkal wrote:

MorbidFetus
+76|6552|Ohio

Spark wrote:

Optimistic, are we?

The U.N. is a joke.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6725|New Hampshire
Firstly, let's stop blaming the Democrats for having a sense of realism.  Unlike the Republicans, they KNOW whatever we do in Iraq is not going to last.  Yes, we built schools and save children and help orphans and all that happy go lucky shit, but when it comes back down to it - insurgents are bred every day, and come across the border to Iraq from the surrounding countries.  The war in Iraq is NOT going to end ANY time in the near future.  I'm sick of having guys from my town and state being shot because the Iraqis are too chicken shit to stand up for themselves.  Forget oil, forget WMD's, forget any reason why we're TRUELY in there and step back for a second and look at everything.  US Men and Women die every day - the insurgents kill indiscriminately.  Even children are taught at a very young age that it is glorious to die for their cause so long as they take out as many people with them as they can.  So long as we support Israel, there's no way in hell that anyone in the middle east is going to like us - oh, except Israel.

Not that I have anything against Israel, it's just a statement - the muslim fundamentalists in the area have a hard-on for hating Jews.  The entire continent pretty much dislikes us.

Back to my point.  If we don't set a time table what are we going to come down to?  We're alreayd sending reservists in to Iraq to take care of things - what's next, the draft?  The war in Iraq is so god damn much like Vietnam it's scary.  Our troops are doing a good thing over there, yes, liberating people etc., but how long can we stay over there and show the Iraqis the same damn thing every time?  Hey, I'll come over to your house and show you how to mow your lawn a few times, but I'm sure as shit not going to do it for you everytime.

As for Iran and North Korea - how in the hell are we sending them a message?  Those leaders are nutcases like Hitler was; do you ACTUALLY think they would EVER give up if we went to war against them?  Kim Jong Il couldn't give a rats ass if every man in his 1.2 million man army died so long as he got what he wanted.  He'll just resort to more drastic measures.

Don't blame the Democrats for having a different politicial view on this quagmire in Iraq.  You know that there's no way in hell that it a resolution like that would EVER pass in Congress - it would come down to party lines and hey - waddya know - your beloved Republicans have the majority in both houses AND the Presidency.  There's no way it would get a 2/3 vote to override a veto - so why are we even debating about this?  It's like saying Congress is retarded because one person has an idea for a bill that has a snowballs chance in hell to get passed.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York
We will and probably going to squash NK in the NEAR future. You can bank on that. Were not going in there to liberate this time, its going to be swift and fast and very very deadly on NK's part.
Heretic
+3|6778
Hmmm....

1.Your there for oil... there's your reason for leaving.

2. Your country goes after the weak like an evil person preys on the weak. How about you  TRY to take all the missiles from the fellows in the Pacific rim ?   

You won't because there is a fight there. Fear will do that to weak people.

As for all you people that say your government is retarded but you still go to work everyday FOR THEM and do nothing...  You are what the world hates.  Not Americans, hypocrites. White devil sounds more truthful everyday that passes.

Enough UN crap. That's Americas way of blame shifting.

Wake the FK up Yankees.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6686|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i am sorry but if your a little kid get out of the room for a sec how can you be so fucking stupid...if we pull out of iraq all those fucking shittes and sunnis will come out and bloow the fuck out of everything we stood for i am a republican  and i know most people not all but most are demecrates which i have no problems with at all, but when we start say ok well pull out of this country on XX-XX-XX then those mother fuckers are going to come back and do there jihad jingle and just want the next pres to go back in there and let morepeople die yea i want the troops to be out ASAP but if it means desroying everyhitng the american soldiers have stood for and fought for then no stay in untill the fucking sand niggers can support them selfs.

sorry if i offended any one whos is middle eastern but i get rly pissed of when it comes to this shit 3 of my uncle went over and 1 came back and he serving another tour on his own call

i find this ironic i know this game aint real but all you guys play this game right? but most of you want us to pull out i dont rly get that it just doesnt register<it aint the first but that is the one thats gets me rly puzzled

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard