BladeRunner
+5|6746|UK

CANADIAN_rocker wrote:

Hmm im thinking that he had his own account and hacked in to this em5 account and wants to sell it cuz i really dont think they would spend all that time getting all those scores and just sell it... uless hes a crazy b@st@rd
It's getting more and more common...gamers build up accounts just to sell them. Like I said, some make a good living from it.
Turtle
+7|6755|Boulder, CO

B.Schuss wrote:

Turtle wrote:

*shrug* If you're completely sick of the game and you can make money selling your account to some dumbfuck... why not? He's not all that great, just whores a chopper.. his play time on wake is incredible, he would have had to been playing that map since 1.03 came out religously.
I used to play Star Wars Galaxies constantly, loved it.. I really wanted to get myself a jedi unlock so I worked for it, grinding out classes to get it. I finally did and I was ecstatic, leveling up the jedi was fun for awhile but then it just became cumbersome. I felt like I was coming home from work to work on my character. So I put him up for auction and made $700 for my time which by the hour wasn't much but it's alot more than nothing. If there's a demand, someone will supply it.
I'm leaning towards a new game myself at this point, at least cutting back on bf2. Once you get all your unlocks which for most will happen at 20k it doesn't seem like there's much reason to keep going. Especially with the difference between Seargent Major and 2nd Lt.
We'll see how the expansion plays when it comes out.
you could play the game for fun...
That was the point. If it's not fun anymore, why play?
McCullough
+7|6836
Sad Sad Sad Sad  the guy who buys the accouns has to be a pure jackass.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6779|Texas
http://cgi.ebay.com/Battlefield-2-Maste … dZViewItem

Here's another for you, pretty high on the leaderboard too.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6780|The Hague, Holland
I'll sell my account for a buck 50 and some s*x.

Preferbly female.

Any bidders?

I'm so sad.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6794|Barrington, RI
Why does the guy have pictures of the Peoples Medallion and the Distinguished Service Medal on the listing if he hasn't earned them yet?

Last edited by sewermasta324 (2005-11-09 10:31:24)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

sewermasta324 wrote:

Why does the guy have pictures of the Peoples Medallion and the Distinguished Service Medal on the listing if he hasn't earned them yet?
was wondering the same thing.  he's not even close to getting the dsm...
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6776
Wow.  Things like this make me smile.

The guys who make REAL money are the ones selling the Everquest (or whatever it is) accounts and items.  You should see how much some of those things go for.

Anyone ever read about the crimes (i.e. murder) that have taken place over online games?  There was a famous one about a guy who killed his friend who stole some rare online item from him or something.
BladeRunner
+5|6746|UK

DrDestruction wrote:

Wow.  Things like this make me smile.

The guys who make REAL money are the ones selling the Everquest (or whatever it is) accounts and items.  You should see how much some of those things go for.

Anyone ever read about the crimes (i.e. murder) that have taken place over online games?  There was a famous one about a guy who killed his friend who stole some rare online item from him or something.
Woa there, dude... WTF !?!?!?!?!?

Any more info on that one?
dan500
+57|6845
BF2 has hit a new low, I wonder if EA will close the account, something like selling stuff they own?
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6743|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
I think that I would rather earn it myself, and feel good about earning it myself.
But hey, thats just me, the lonely guy cradling his expert explosives and knife badges.

And yeah, anything on the psycho gamer?

Last edited by n1nj41c l337ne55 (2005-11-09 14:54:14)

HerrBaron
von Panzer
+5|6777|Leverkusen, Germany
EUR 150,17 and more than 3 days to go. i'm woundering how high the biddings (<-is this the right word?) will get.

i bet 5 of my TK's that it will get over 500 EUR.
Home
Section.80
+447|6845|Seattle, Washington, USA

Yeah, peole do a lot of this on other games, especially Star Wars Galaxies. On that game they sell accounts, weapons, and experience. Looks like people are catching on with BF2. And who knows, amybe EA won't ban him because it might somehow get them more customers.
HerrBaron
von Panzer
173 EUR and 2 day 10 hours to go.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6844|Australia
LOL - honestly i think this kinda thing on any game is lame! but on RPG games i can understand kind of why youd pay for things? but BF2? all your paying for is well nothing! anyone can get what he has all they need to do is put in time!.
and well it wont help the player be any better! dumb asses..
PC_Judge
+1|6742|Wales, UK
I remember the same problem happening on Americas Army, I remember accounts going there for about £200 which was bout $350 at the time for a 89 honor account.

Its much more satisfying to grab medals yourself, even if it takes forever!
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6756|Denmark
LMAO!

thats sad... even more sad if people actually buy it wasting all that time.. I can just imagine a noob buying the account - all ratios will just go right down the toilet pipes

I'm too lazy to calculate the money he earns per ingame hour - but it isnt that high
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6756|Denmark

PC_Judge wrote:

I remember the same problem happening on Americas Army, I remember accounts going there for about £200 which was bout $350 at the time for a 89 honor account.

Its much more satisfying to grab medals yourself, even if it takes forever!
I agree...
m4sopmod
+1|6751
I wonder how much can i get with my account
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790
Wow, nice move.  You've got to admire the ingenuity of the guy.

When I finish playing a game, I normally just trade it back to the shop I bought it from to get a discount off a new game.  Making an extra hundred quid off the account is a stunning idea.

Anyone want to buy a lowbie account with a weapon unlock available?
HerrBaron
von Panzer
sold for 146,59 EUR.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard