Jeret03
+2|6638
Has anyone else notinced this???

They're not completely mineproof, but mines don't one shot kill them.  Here's what we found:

Tested on Karkand 64.  Mines will not kill a MEC APC if driven over them.  When you drive over the middle of an apc it will do anywhere form 1/2 to 3 bars.  If you drive over the wheels, then it will kill you instantly.

US apcs die instantly, wheels or not.  Tanks also die instantly, wheel shot or not, even the MEC tank dies instantly.  It's only the MEC APC this happens on.  Does anyone else know about this?  I searched and couldn't find any info on the subject.  Just thought this was really weird.  Someone else posted about the center being high up off of the ground, that might be what's causing this.

This was actually moved from the SF chatter, don't know why i posted it there.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6681|Canada Eh?
I think the MEC APC is higher off the ground, I believe I once went prone, the APC ran over me but the wheels didnt touch so I survived... the APC then ran over my AT mine
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6692|Hell's prison
In truth I have survived a few mines with the APC's on both sides.  If your APC is traveling fast enough sometime it wont give you the one shot kill.  But I have noticed that as well.
Jeret03
+2|6638
So do you think this is something they meant to do or just a flaw that they never knew about?
HeimdalX
+37|6658
I've had mines actually get pushed away with the MEC APC, they don't go off like they should all the time. Try running over some friendly mines with one and see what happens, they usually just push off to the side.

Since the 1.3 patch a couple of the vehicles do the same thing, either scoot the mines off to the side or they don't detonate. A perfect example of this is the ATV in Special Forces, even if you hit a mine and you're going full speed it won't take all of the vehicles health.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard