Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA
I just bought a new Logitech Cordless Keyboard Mouse Combo.  The keyboard is kind of, you know, whatever, a keyboard is a keyboard.  I'm a little more interested in the included mouse, the Logitech MX3000.  It has a whole lot of buttons and such.  I was curious if anyone used it, what they felt about it, etc.  I realize there are plenty of reviews out there, but I'm specifically interested in BF2 users' opinions because it's the only game I actually play...
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6694|West Yorkshire, U.K
I use a logitech keyboard and mouse ( wireless ) and they are great! Ive had them for nearly a year and the batteries havnt ever run out in the keyboard yet! btw the mouse has a charging station which is very handy.
Seether
Right, so if you have a charging station, you probably don't have an MX3000.  They stopped including a charging station, I think, because it kept breaking.  I recently replaced my old Logitech Wireless KB and Mouse because they quit working after a few years.  I liked them a lot though, hence the repeat purchase.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6702|England
I use the MX1000, it is the best mouse I have ever used. (Mainly because the others were shit) I've never heard of the MX3000 though. Sounds better than mine.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6694|West Yorkshire, U.K
oh dear well mine hasnt broken
Badcomp
+2|6798|U.S.
Isn't the bundle called the Mx3000???
The mouse is actually called a Mx600 or something. It's not the same as the Mx1000. Keys are arranged differently and the styling is different as well. From what I have read, it's not that great for gaming (the mouse at least). All opinions tho, ymmv.
Seether

Badcomp wrote:

Isn't the bundle called the Mx3000???
You're right, the bundle is called that...the mouse itself is the MX1000.  I wish I could edit the post title now...

But, at least Shadow893 says the MX1000 is decent.  Shadow, do all the buttons work in BF2?
l41e
+677|6658

You can map pretty much anything to anything, so yes.
Seether

k30dxedle wrote:

I apologize for being uneducated on this point, but is that mapping done in .cfg files, or through the "Options" menu.  The reason I ask is, if I try to assign certain keys on my old mouse via the "Options" menu, the game doesn't recognize the input from the mouse.  The OS (WinXP) does however, as it performs some crazy ALT-TAB action.  I'm wondering if the only way to map it would be via the mouse software, assign it to something known to BF?
Whiskey_Actual
+6|6684

Seether wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

I apologize for being uneducated on this point, but is that mapping done in .cfg files, or through the "Options" menu.  The reason I ask is, if I try to assign certain keys on my old mouse via the "Options" menu, the game doesn't recognize the input from the mouse.  The OS (WinXP) does however, as it performs some crazy ALT-TAB action.  I'm wondering if the only way to map it would be via the mouse software, assign it to something known to BF?
I posted this in another thread, maybe it can help you too:

I use Logitech Setpoint 2.60 Software (for the MX1000), all buttons can be assigned to act as 'keystroke'. Works fine for me.

Start Mouse Settings

Select Mouse Button Settings (1)

Select the button you want to assign in Select Button (2)

In Select Task (3) select Keystroke Assignment

In Specify Keystroke (3a) enter the key (i.e. 4 for grenade) you use in BF2

This is my current configuration:

LMB=fire
RMB=alt fire

back thumb=prone/stand
middle thumb=knife
forward thumb=pistol

back MMB=parachute
forward MMB=grenade
tiltwheel (left and right)=main weapon

In game settings:
ground pounding low sensitivity
armor/vehicles high sensitivity

Happy Hunting
Adogg
+5|6564
I use the mx518 ( I think) and the 2 thumb buttons work like a champ. Also the on the fly resolution change thingy is helpful when I jump in armour ...
vqsnapp
+5|6669
I use the MX1000 mouse and when I tried mapping the mouse buttons in game while I had setpoint running, the game would not recognize it. I shut down setpoint and it works. So now when I go in BF2 and I want to use the mouse buttons as I have them mapped in the game I have to shutdown setpoint first. It's not really a big deal but I prefer to have my buttons mapped in the game rather than mapping them as keystrokes through setpoint.

p.s. I bought the MX3000 combo as well, works great.

Last edited by vqsnapp (2006-06-21 12:06:10)

ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6729|Las Vegas
Here is a thread devoted to different mouse mapping combinations:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=30096
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6636
Best Logitech mouse for gaming is G7.

G7 for the win.
Seether
All, thanks for all the info you put forth in those post.  I appreciate it!  I haven't had a chance to play BF2 since buying the mouse, but I'm looking forward to it!  Take care.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6752|London

The1_Knightmare wrote:

Best Logitech mouse for gaming is G7.

G7 for the win.
Yup.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
ntberry1037
+0|6723
I have the MX 1000 and I can't get all the buttons to work......only the mouse wheel, left and right button. Any ideas on how to get the game to recognize it?
Whiskey_Actual
+6|6684
Either read the entire thread or follow this link:

Here is a thread devoted to different mouse mapping combinations:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=30096

If you can't get your MX1000 to work properly after trying these two options, PM me and I will try and guide you step by step.

Happy Hunting

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard