Poll

How many claymores should the sniper get???

07%7% - 17
114%14% - 34
227%27% - 66
311%11% - 27
410%10% - 24
510%10% - 26
>518%18% - 45
Total: 239
Delphy
+45|6597|Bristol, UK
AS many as poss. I love claymore whoring, but it doesn't really affect me on the receiving end, you can mostly avoid them if you just LOOK.
Defiantly only 2 claymores, do you know how fucking annoying claymore spammers would be anymore then they already are?

I think engineers should be able to defuse them from around back like the Anti-Tank mines.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-06-21 06:30:17)

Itchy_nuts
+11|6558
>5> >5> >5> >5> >5> huh!!!!! you kiding me! Stfu!!!! claymore WHORE
[If your a Gay sniper you should get 2 if your a good n00b sniper you should fkn get nothing they should rate it on stats]

Last edited by Itchy_nuts (2006-06-21 06:33:56)

sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6545|Denmizzark!!
2 are enough..
Slink
+17|6708
Give them 20 and a free hippo for all I care, but let us asplode them!  >.<
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6679

Like it was pre-all these patches... even with all the team kills.  Made it fair for all but the one dropping them.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-06-21 18:18:17)

Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6685|Canada Eh?
Imagine, unlimited claymores... I can practically hear the complaints now
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6531|Adelaide, South Australia

as for TK's with claymores, isnt the big, red deaths-head enough of a warning? if you know its there, couldnt you avoid it at all costs? (Yes, i realise that the deaths-head goes away, but i reckon it should stay put the whole time, even on AT mines and C-4).

as for real-life, the majority of claymores are set up with trip-wires, so if you spotted one (on your team) you should be able to walk over it and not set off the in-game trip-wire. this would all but eliminate any TK problems you have with them.

and picking claymores back up? that would be a great edition to the next inevitable patch. i dont know how many times i wasted one when i cap a spawn and a teammate just walks over it.

2 claymores is fine, but i wish you could get them back faster from supply drops.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6841
I say infinite claymores, just so I can read the crazed rants about it.

Best way to defeat claymores - Run em over in a tank.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys
0, then the annyoing bitches wouldent be shit.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6541|Belgium

FAF-Teeje wrote:

i just think that if a sniper picks up ammo, he can lay more than 2 clays.
Nope, the only clays that stay are the 2 last ones you layed. Every time i get resupplied, the extra clays just disappear after ~10 sec
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6548|Las Vegas
I said one Clay. That is plenty for the sceered snipers to hide behind.
mudder
+8|6537

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

as for TK's with claymores, isnt the big, red deaths-head enough of a warning? if you know its there, couldnt you avoid it at all costs? (Yes, i realise that the deaths-head goes away, but i reckon it should stay put the whole time, even on AT mines and C-4).

as for real-life, the majority of claymores are set up with trip-wires, so if you spotted one (on your team) you should be able to walk over it and not set off the in-game trip-wire. this would all but eliminate any TK problems you have with them.

and picking claymores back up? that would be a great edition to the next inevitable patch. i dont know how many times i wasted one when i cap a spawn and a teammate just walks over it.

2 claymores is fine, but i wish you could get them back faster from supply drops.
I was under the impression that "in real life" they are typically set off with a clacker.

I like it the way it is =2, if you need more or need to reset the position just find an ammo bag/crate and do it.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6684|Colorado
2 of course what they have now >
-r3-anubis
+73|6549|florida
0 because people need to grow the balls to fight and get kills the real way. Not spamming that damn green death trap!
[PHPR]-SpecialOps
+18|6793|Your six is my twelve

-r3-anubis wrote:

0 because people need to grow the balls to fight and get kills the real way. Not spamming that damn green death trap!
Right with ya, my previous post was a bit longer tho..
bravo3_1/22
+23|6719

[PHPR]-SpecialOps wrote:

I put 0 because the claymores of today are overpowered.  Claymores in real life do not distinguish friends from foes, they blow up and don't care who they kill because they are machines (match, plastic, gunpowder, and a trigger.  In fact, as far as I know, claymores in real life explode just like C4 does, just less bang and easier to conceal).  Snipers can have claymores when claymores kill team mates.  But, a skilled sniper doesn't need claymores.  I'm not talking about myself, but some players that dedicate their gaming experience to sniping.  They keep on the move and end up with a 20:1 kdr.  They do this by using guns, not toys.

A team comprised mostly of snipers can, in a clan match, win the game off of claymores.  They need only the snipers, resupply, and one anti tank.  (0 anti tank needed on a sharqi match.. both the TV station and construction site are impervious to tanks and no one cares about the office buildings).  Long story short, EA fucked this game up so it doesn't really matter anyway.  If they hadn't, the game wouldn't be so unbalanced.  Arguably, in real life, war isn't balanced.  The U.S., Britain, and a few other members of the U.N. kick ass wherever they go, tough luck for the insurgents and jihad idiots that want 72 virgins after they blow themselves up.   However, games are based on fun, and fun is based on fair play.  Fair play is based on symmetry.  Having claymores, and mines and well, that blow up only on hostile contact is not how it's supposed to be.  As far as I know, a mine in real life cares who it blows up just as much as Mr. Claymore.  If something pushes down that little button in the center, that mine gets pissed and blows up. It doesn't just say "Oh hey, wazzup home dog, go kick some MEC ass... I'll just sit here and wait for a jihad jeep to run by and blow up then." If a Hummer runs over it.  God damned people personality prototype mines.  FYI: that's an allusion to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.  It's a great book and a butchered movie, go read it if you haven't already.

My 2 cents.
long story short my a ss
frankhamand
=MIA=
+17|6587
I very, very...very nearly stopped playing bf2 for one reason. Why, for the love of god, why the fuck did they make claymores indestructable...its bad enough they have longer range than a shotgun and kill in 1 hit and (on 90% of servers) only kill enemies. Any retard can get a 2:1 KD ratio just by dropping 2 claymores every time they spawn, because the ONLY way of getting rid of them is driving over them, and at hotel you can't even do that, you drop a claymore, you are guaranteed a kill. What was wrong with destructable claymores? more realistic, more fun, more fair, why, i stay awake at nights thinking about killing the god damn gaylord son of a bitch whore who made the decision to make them industructable..why? WHY...seriously someone give me one good reason

Snipers should get 1 or 2 DESTRUCTABLE claymores, and their range should be halved, no way a stupid little mine is going to blow someone up from 12 feet. Maybe quarter there range and make them blow up 360 degrees

ANYTHING but what there are now, 3 claymore whores* on a 32 player karkand server ruins the game completely, 2 is maybe just about bareable, 1 is ok if i'm in a good mood

*a claymore whore is one of those retarded snipers who literally run into your face dropping claymores, die, and then get 2 kills from the claymores they just dropped
PapaTango69
+1|6801|NoneYA
H-E-L-L-O People, Did you all Forget that there are only 3 ways to get Explosives Badges? AT Mines,C4 and yes Claymores! Did you think maybe thats what they are trying to go for when they drop claymores at your feet? Sure you can try the other methods But ,AT mines you have to place them out of sight or they are of no use and I doubt very very much you can get expert bagde with just Mines(I would have to see a video to believe it).
C4 is questionable since they nerfed it its alot tougher ....and No I could never do the C4 chucking thing ...I'm talking about the trigger switch delay.. besides I'm still after my Expert badge myself. I doubt I'll get it though. Jihading is looked down upon more and more on alot of servers, so it makes it difficult to go that route. running and planting on vehicles is hard too . It seems like when I do it,I can get one planted and the tank pulls away and kills me.I guess I just stink at it. I hear you can toss it once agian though,but not as far. Claymores are the easiest in my opinion drop em' and go Snipe ....or save em' and plant them on your Six while Sniping . The Best I've done is around 25 kills with Claymores on a half-full Sharqi Map placing in alleyways, fences and flags and thats with 300 tickets "Man Thats tough"but thats why they call it Expert especially with no support to resupply you.
Take a look at  this ok...
Spec-ops gets 5 C4,AT gets 5 AT Rounds ,Engineer gets 5 mines ,Assault gets 5 rounds for grenade launcher,Support has endless supply of any kinda of ammo, and Medic has endless/magical health packs that can cure almost any wound instantly...and you know what they all have in common? they have close quarter combat weapons ...the Sniper does not ...and no the semi-auto Dragonuv doesn't count ...so a bolt action rifle and 3 grenades and 2 claymores and you people are complaining 2 clamores is too many?. I feel sniper kits should be able to carry 4......Here's why because I only see snipers by them selves with no support around and what commander wants to waste a supply crate on a lonely Sniper , and if your sniping and your possition is compromised and you have to relocate you dont have anymore Claymores to plant on your flank.Have you ever been a sniper and come head to head with 3-4 guys with autos ....I bet you have, and did you stop and think for a half a second ..." I should Throw down my clamores"? ....."Naw they will just start Bitchin' about it on a Forum somewhere". No you didn't you dropped them and said I'm gunna take as many of these S.O.Bs as I can ...and if you didn't drop em' you shouldn't be playing the game.
My point being is we all die on BF2 right(15 sec)? whether it be by claymore whore ,tank whore, grenade spamming or noob tubing whore as it was once called , it a freaking GAME... A G-A-M-E thats it nothing more nothing less ..ok well maybe more for those who have 2000hrs it might be your life ...but none the less ....Try to have fun and not complain too much they already have nerfed it many times already.

Last edited by PapaTango69 (2006-06-24 23:21:16)

TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6735|New Hampshire
Personally, I think claymores should be like they are IRL - they need to be detonated with a clacker like C4.  They don't just magically go boom.

Or, if they have some kind of super trip wire dealy going on, it should take a few seconds to put one down.  I HATE getting into close quarters fights with snipers to run around a corner and get wtfpwned by a claymore.  Seriously - who throws around a chunk of plastic explosives filled with ball bearings?
-r3-anubis
+73|6549|florida

TehSeraphim wrote:

Seriously - who throws around a chunk of plastic explosives filled with ball bearings?
Bitches who can't fight.
[PHPR]-SpecialOps
+18|6793|Your six is my twelve

PapaTango69 wrote:

and what commander wants to waste a supply crate on a lonely Sniper
Me
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6735|New Hampshire
OOOH!  It's fun to waste supply crates on snipers!  Especially if you can use them to get snipers to special places.

But enemy snipers...they get vehicle drops.
Sheep of War
+40|6655
I think with the current state of things, that they should get 1.

IF ---you could destroy them with grenades give them 2 or 3.
Sheep of War
+40|6655

PapaTango69 wrote:

H-E-L-L-O People, Did you all Forget that there are only 3 ways to get Explosives Badges? AT Mines,C4 and yes Claymores! Did you think maybe thats what they are trying to go for when they drop claymores at your feet? Sure you can try the other methods But ,AT mines you have to place them out of sight or they are of no use and I doubt very very much you can get expert bagde with just Mines(I would have to see a video to believe it).
C4 is questionable since they nerfed it its alot tougher ....and No I could never do the C4 chucking thing ...I'm talking about the trigger switch delay.. besides I'm still after my Expert badge myself. I doubt I'll get it though. Jihading is looked down upon more and more on alot of servers, so it makes it difficult to go that route. running and planting on vehicles is hard too . It seems like when I do it,I can get one planted and the tank pulls away and kills me.I guess I just stink at it. I hear you can toss it once agian though,but not as far. Claymores are the easiest in my opinion drop em' and go Snipe ....or save em' and plant them on your Six while Sniping . The Best I've done is around 25 kills with Claymores on a half-full Sharqi Map placing in alleyways, fences and flags and thats with 300 tickets "Man Thats tough"but thats why they call it Expert especially with no support to resupply you.
Take a look at  this ok...
Spec-ops gets 5 C4,AT gets 5 AT Rounds ,Engineer gets 5 mines ,Assault gets 5 rounds for grenade launcher,Support has endless supply of any kinda of ammo, and Medic has endless/magical health packs that can cure almost any wound instantly...and you know what they all have in common? they have close quarter combat weapons ...the Sniper does not ...and no the semi-auto Dragonuv doesn't count ...so a bolt action rifle and 3 grenades and 2 claymores and you people are complaining 2 clamores is too many?. I feel sniper kits should be able to carry 4......Here's why because I only see snipers by them selves with no support around and what commander wants to waste a supply crate on a lonely Sniper , and if your sniping and your possition is compromised and you have to relocate you dont have anymore Claymores to plant on your flank.Have you ever been a sniper and come head to head with 3-4 guys with autos ....I bet you have, and did you stop and think for a half a second ..." I should Throw down my clamores"? ....."Naw they will just start Bitchin' about it on a Forum somewhere". No you didn't you dropped them and said I'm gunna take as many of these S.O.Bs as I can ...and if you didn't drop em' you shouldn't be playing the game.
My point being is we all die on BF2 right(15 sec)? whether it be by claymore whore ,tank whore, grenade spamming or noob tubing whore as it was once called , it a freaking GAME... A G-A-M-E thats it nothing more nothing less ..ok well maybe more for those who have 2000hrs it might be your life ...but none the less ....Try to have fun and not complain too much they already have nerfed it many times already.
I'm sure there is some good stuff here (or not). But dude, thats just amazingly cluttered. Organize your thoughts

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard