Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6760|Dallas
Seen this on our server the other night.  The enemy commander was dropping up to six suplly crates at a time.  We blew up his arty and all the sudden 6 supply crates fall out of the sky and all his arty comes back up, then a few of his tanks were pushing for a flag and arty boxs come raining out of the sky to repair them.  We ended up banning him just for safe measure but we havent seen it happen since.  Has anyone seen this before or have a reasonable explanation?

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7908 … 0034yq.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/128/screen0043pq.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/8071 … 0059ah.jpg

Look at the supply icons on the last pic.  Two on the runway, two behind me and two more falling out of the sky.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6782|Netherlands
weird, never seen something like it
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6782

Yes, it is a hack... if you bothered to search you would know that.
This hack also allows you to drop multiple artillary strikes at the same time.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6743|The United Center
wow...thats...pretty insane.

it doesnt look like you can place where all the supply boxes drop though...it looks like the kind of just fall on a general area...which is good i suppose.  glad i've never run into that though.

did he get caught by PB?
pfcilng
+0|6763|Northern Illinois University
Yeah its been discussed here before.  Hack that allowed someone who is not the commander to call unlimited arty and supply boxes.  So you might of banned the wrong person...
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6782

ThomasMorgan wrote:

wow...thats...pretty insane.

it doesnt look like you can place where all the supply boxes drop though...it looks like the kind of just fall on a general area...which is good i suppose.  glad i've never run into that though.

did he get caught by PB?
Supply drops are reasonably accurate if you zoom all the way in on the map. 
Apparently this hack is untraceable and PB doesn't banninate people for it.  Apparently they laced BF2AMP with the code just to see if PB would catch them... PB didn't.
You have to pay money to get the hack though... I don't understand why people would cheat, let alone PAY for it.
RKF77
+1|6747

ThomasMorgan wrote:

did he get caught by PB?
ROFLMAO!!!

The last thing cheaters are worried about with this game is Punkbuster.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6783|North Lauderdale, FL
were you experiencing unusual amounts of artillery strikes from their team, as well?  if not, either the guy was trying to hide the fact he was using an MSX hack or you banned the wrong guy.  according to the MSX hack, you need to actually BE the commander in order to drop artillery.  but you do not need to be the actual commander to drop supply boxes.
Instant Cereal
+0|6740
I dunno.... If you notice he's playing as commander. Either he likes to drop dozens of his own supply crates in his own main base, or the enemy commander has a fetish for supplying his opposing team.

Oh, and supply crates are fairly accurate. I've managed to purposely drop them on people, albeit it is rare.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6739
It's a hack.  Another BF2 forum I frequent said there was a site for hackers, that had it as a front page feature.  Apparently, when the hack senses that PB is after it, it changes code, or something, to make it undetectable.  You're supposed to pay 20 bucks for it.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6743|The United Center
i know they can be accurate, but i cant think of why someone would drop six crates all in one area like that.  ive killed enemy snipers by dropping crates on them.

anyway, it just looks like with the hack you select an area, and a bunch of crates fall near that position.
Kriznik
+0|6767
why do you play on NON PUNK BUSTER servers? ....

play only on punkbuster allowed servers and you will be fine... like asbo clan
RKF77
+1|6747

Kriznik wrote:

Because it's the same as playing on any Punkbuster server?

Kriznik wrote:

This hack they are talking about is completely undetectable by Punkbuster, as are most of the hacks this "group" puts out.

Punkbuster's worthless...only thing it's good for is enforcing language restrictions on a server.  After all, the only Punkbuster kicks I've seen in the last three or four months have been for people swearing, or because Punkbuster won't update itself.

Punkbuster's nothing more than a deterrent to people that don't know how much it sucks.
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6750

RKF77 wrote:

Kriznik wrote:

Kriznik wrote:

This hack they are talking about is completely undetectable by Punkbuster, as are most of the hacks this "group" puts out.

Punkbuster's worthless...only thing it's good for is enforcing language restrictions on a server.  After all, the only Punkbuster kicks I've seen in the last three or four months have been for people swearing, or because Punkbuster won't update itself.

Punkbuster's nothing more than a deterrent to people that don't know how much it sucks.
That has to be the best way i have EVER heard someone describe punkbuster.
BudRell
+2|6833|Home

RKF77 wrote:

Kriznik wrote:

Kriznik wrote:

Totally agree !

PB should be categorized under "harmfull program", not as some kind of a "punk buster". The only thing that busts is the whole game (particularly multiplay..). Better name would be "PunkTrusted".

Last edited by BudRell (2005-11-10 10:01:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard