Nebular
+1|6805
Hey guys, I have a problem with BattleRecorder, I can't download any files, i got a few links in the "Comunity" tab, about 10, but NO ONE IS WORKING ! How can i download a god damned file and watch it ?

(i searched on the forum but it only say to "remove your Bookmarks.con to remove the links" i dont wanna remove them i wanna watch my god damn 1337 skillz with battlerecorder )
Nebular
+1|6805
Come on, a  lil  answer
Nebular
+1|6805
Will anyone be gentle and simply tell me why i can't download any files rom "Comunity" Tab ?
Nebular
+1|6805
PLEASE GUYS !!

I'm just asking a question, and I'll probable be banned for spamming, but i just wanna know ONE THING !

WHY IS BATTLERECORDER BUGED ? or why i can't get it working ! please help
Icleos
+101|6764
I use fraps for small video capture.

www.fraps.com
Nebular
+1|6805
I use it too in CS etc, but i asked here " How to use battlerecorder ?" cause mine nerver work ... it says "unable to find the file on the server"

I want to know if this is normal or if i have to check something or fix something
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

If I knew the answer I wouldn't tell you because of your quadruple posting (honestly I think that is a record on these forums... but it is incredibly annoying.) These forums do not move fast enough to seriously require bumping your thread, so don't do it. Try a google search or other bf2 related forums. I'm sure the answer is out there, but it won't find you.
Nebular
+1|6805
I quadruple posted cause everyone answer on the most stupid thread like :

"I love Mickael Jackson"

"hey guys, i love mickael jackson"

and everybody answer something to it, a useless answer but they answer anyway, and when i posted, nobody care .....

That f*ckin piss me off ...

I try to solve my prob and no one give a $*it ...

Ok, thanks anyway for these sharp tips on BatlleSecorder
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

Nebular wrote:

when i posted, nobody care .....

That f*ckin piss me off ...

I try to solve my prob and no one give a $*it ...
Weird, what it looked like to me is you didn't want to put any effort into finding the solution on your own and so you came here and whined about it repeatedly.

Perhaps instead of people not caring they simply don't know the answer to your question, so instead of posting something useless they chose to not post at all.

Go find the answer for yourself, I'm sure it is out there, but you have to actually put forth some effort.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6828|The planet Tophet
alright voodoo chill im having trouble too so i know how it feels to have no one answer but its not his fault
Nebular
+1|6805
Well, i'll try to solve it myself but,  as i said :

everyone answer on the most stupid thread like :

"I love Mickael Jackson"

"hey guys, i love mickael jackson"

and everybody answer something to it, a useless answer but they answer anyway, and when i posted, nobody care .....
Even on a worthless thread anyone answer something, only for fun ... =/

Then as i said too :p

i searched on the forum but it only say to "remove your Bookmarks.con to remove the links" i dont wanna remove them i wanna watch
A tried to solve it myself, but it's hard to find "why battlercorder doesn't work", thats why i asked
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6848|Netherlands
Impact on server performance The Battle recorder feature can impact server performance in two ways:

* A bandwidth hit (if the demos are uploaded on the same machine that is running the game server.) We strongly recommend that you do not run battlerecorder on the same server you are using to host gameplay. Instead, set up a separate ftp server to host demo files.
* A performance hit - dependant on the demo quality setting, which is found on the BF 2 server launcher UI. The demo quality setting can range from the default setting of 1 (lowest quality / minimal performance hit) to 10 (maximum quality / biggest performance hit.) Depending on the server specifications, you'll want to set your demo quality appropriately. We recommend no more than quality 5, the highest quality was built in for users that are creating movies / trailers with the Battlefield 2 engine. Due to the demands even the lowest setting of quality can have, we do not recommend running Battlerecorder on any server that is configured for 64-players.

Requirements

* FTP server (only if using a separate machine from the server to host demos.)
* Web server - our in game downloading system requires http transfers, and does not support ftp downloading.

How To Set It Up
To activate the BF2 Battle Recorder using the BF2 Server Launcher UI the admin must:

* Enable the AutoRecord option.
* Input the address where users can download demo files (this has to be in the format of an http: address, as the Battlefield 2 front end does not support ftp downloads.) IMPORTANT - at the end of the address (i.e. 123.456.7.8/demos/) make sure you include the final slash, or the demo download url won't parse correctly in the Battlefield 2 front end, and clients won't be able to download your demo.
* If the FTP server is password protected (which we strongly recommend) the admin must use a text editor to make changes to the rotate_demo.cfg file located in the c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Server folder to contain the proper server address, user login and user password.

not all servers have theire thing connected to run BR.  needs settings.  not ur doing or whatever ur sided.

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-11-12 02:23:41)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

*TS*tphai wrote:

alright voodoo chill im having trouble too so i know how it feels to have no one answer but its not his fault
Yes, I know, I've seen your thread too... in fact there have been a few around long before this one. I only suggest that he extend his search elsewhere (www.google.com) since the answer is clearly not on these forums (three threads all asking the same thing and none with any answers...) instead of constantly bumping this thread and whining about people not responding.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
TheMajorBummer sent me this it will probably help you....

TheMajorBummer wrote:

its not ur game;
its; the settings of the server, U join are wrong to begin with, to run battlerecorder.
in other words;
try find one that has battlerecorder running,
or ask around.

heres 1 with running; cuus i have d-loaded from them.

join theire server and check it urself. 

http://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat … :33150.jpg
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
click the link it give specs on that server thats good
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

*gasp* three minutes with my good friend Google returned this which clearly describes your problem, and that it is actually a problem with the server settings.

Next time please try google instead of breaking multiple forum rules just so you can be lazy.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
Sorrry voodoo
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6848|Netherlands
im shure voodoo wont mind a descent chap asking..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard