i have a

ATI 1600xpro 512
2GB of ddr sdram
AMD 64x2 4200
STOCK MEDIA CENTER SOUND CARD

PLEASE HELP AND ANY ! WHO DOES GETS KARMA THAKYOU
l41e
+677|6684

Yes you can run everything on high on that.
Capt.takedown
+5|6571|IM A MASSHOLE!!!
and i will not lag or anything
InnerMonkey
+62|6755
You shouldn't lag because of hardware, no (wouldn't see it with less hardware either).  Everyone gets a framerate drop when they're in artillery and such, but other than that, the only lag you should see are network related.

All settings on high, and 4x AA should be a none issue for you.  I would maybe just run the audio in medium with no EAX, but YMMV. 

....dunno what you're upgrading from, but hope you feel the money is well spent!

Last edited by InnerMonkey (2006-06-18 17:20:08)

Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6559|Little blue planet, milky way
Will be a sweet rig. Do as inner monkey says and set AA to 4x. It makes a little difference. Also, if you want to "snipe" a bit better (also good for helo attacks and the likes on city maps), check out the threads on settings for shadows, textures etc. Not ALL settings on high are preferable in all situations.

And remember that the GFX card has nothing to do with your loading time on the maps. Follow the threads on the forum regarding join times and load times, and you will get a LOT of quality time playing BF2.
Capt.takedown
+5|6571|IM A MASSHOLE!!!
Thanks for the help i am upgrading from a HP media center pc m7470n the ATI card came with a progam called game shodow. Should i use this or other programs. Also any good mods out there with ranked servers im getting alittle tired of the stanard maps. Also eversince the new patch my AA does not work any ideas or should i go to catalyst contol and set it there? Thnaks
tupla_s
+455|6628|Finland
My AA has never worked... It always shows the running animation if I put it on and I can't shoot
XIthRyker
+7|6690
I have to play everything on low. The only good thing is it gives the game a more gritty war torn feel.
InnerMonkey
+62|6755

XIthRyker wrote:

I have to play everything on low. The only good thing is it gives the game a more gritty war torn feel.
I started BF with a FX5700.  I wish I'd thought about it that way back then
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6567
For the most part on 1024 you should be running it on high. On 1200 you might have to sacrifice some AA. Maybe 2x.
Wraith
+30|6615

Capt.takedown wrote:

Also any good mods out there with ranked servers im getting alittle tired of the stanard maps.
There are NO mods whatsoever on ranked servers.  EA don't allow it (presumably because someone will make a mod where the only weapons are knives and pistols )

Wraith

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard