SlickWRX
+6|6749
Whats up with this lately?  It seems like the language filters for kicking that Punkbuster uses are just a little too restrictive.  There were two kicks I don't think I really deserved.  The first one I was in a tank and trying to get one of my RL buddies who was in the game with me to come help me.  I was kicked for saying "hey man I'm gettin my ass handed to me over here".  So I rejoined the server and created a custom locked squad that only he and I were in.  So in squad chat I said to him "lets go get that bitch" referring to a Cobra pilot that was getting a streak on me.  I got kicked for that.  I realize that there are some things you can say that are just over the line but come on.  They are allowed to say ass and bitch on public radio and tv.
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6772|Trondheim, Norway
ppls who dont swear scare me, really! Those who cant deal with a little umph in the vocabulary should first all stop playing a game witch is mostly about blowing you opponets brains out.

Ultra violence is tolerated, but be damned if you utter the word "ass"

I'll just go out on a limb here and assume the servers was owned of one of those American purist f.. tards who cant deal with a lill nipple slip here and there.
volex
+2|6755|USA
it always seemed funny to me that we dont want people yelling obscenities but its okay to run around having fun pretending to shoot people
SlickWRX
+6|6749
Both kicks were labeled something like "Punkbuster:  Language".  I don't blame the server admins.  I think its just the default Punkbuster setting but Punkbuster decided to crack down and add more to the filter.
BladeRunner
+5|6755|UK
I was once kicked for saying 'wtf?'
I thought an abbreviation like this was used so i DIDN'T swear and say 'What The F*&K are you doinf punishing me for your idiocy you half-baked-sh1tbag' sort of thing

Harsh
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6787
Funny, I was playing Fushee on a 64 player map. I stole a chinese chopper and flew it back to our base for repairs. As I am just about to reach the chopper pad, I get TK'd by an anti-tank missle.

I proceed to type, "Nice job ass" and literally as I hit Enter, I get a PB boot for Language.

I've seen all kinds of profanity on other servers, so I'm guessing this isn't a admin boot, but a software boot? An option that's enabled somewhere?
dsb
+0|6783
I've never seen a kick for one language infraction.  The only time I've ever seen someone get kicked is AFTER they've been warned about swearing once already.
BladeRunner
+5|6755|UK
Nope...I've seen a few language kicks and only two warnings, so that doesn't reflect my experience.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6802|Barrington, RI

BladeRunner wrote:

I was once kicked for saying 'wtf?'
I thought an abbreviation like this was used so i DIDN'T swear and say 'What The F*&K are you doinf punishing me for your idiocy you half-baked-sh1tbag' sort of thing

Harsh
happened to me to.  the only way around it is to use VOIP, or something like TS. I've also been warned for using wtf and WTF.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6769

Haha, these language things piss me off too... I don't see the point of restricting it so much, I mean this IS a war game. I don't mind the limits on extreme obscenities, but yea, ass and wtf should be fair play everywhere.

On a lighter note, I got kicked from a server once for saying "noob" one too many times. I couldn't believe it, I would say like "thanks for the tk noob" and I'd get a warning for language. I never caught on until I got kicked. I came back and promptly asked for an admin who I interrogated as to why they would ban the use of such terms. I believe I said "that's just dumb, I'm gonna pwn you just for that".

And what do you know, I got banned for obscene language once again: Because I said "pwn"
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6766

GotMex? wrote:

Haha, these language things piss me off too... I don't see the point of restricting it so much, I mean this IS a war game. I don't mind the limits on extreme obscenities, but yea, ass and wtf should be fair play everywhere.

On a lighter note, I got kicked from a server once for saying "noob" one too many times. I couldn't believe it, I would say like "thanks for the tk noob" and I'd get a warning for language. I never caught on until I got kicked. I came back and promptly asked for an admin who I interrogated as to why they would ban the use of such terms. I believe I said "that's just dumb, I'm gonna pwn you just for that".

And what do you know, I got banned for obscene language once again: Because I said "pwn"
I guess that guy just doesn't like gaming slang...
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6795|Singapore

you should've said bwn.

Well its pretty ok on the sg front. When I get really really mad I start swearing in every sentence and the admin's like **[bf2s]polarbearz Your Language is unacceptable, Please keep it clean** and i get what? 20 warnings? Admins love me.

All my kicks are due to dumb TKs.
Ethereal_Drag0n
+0|6756|Villa Park, IL
As stated in my last post... I have 100+ hours, and 6 kicks... most due to language, and 1 or 2 to make room for VIP's on full servers....

I am 100% SURE that the server admin's are the ones behind the kicking.....

I have had servers where I can swear all I want..... Shit, fuck, bitch, ETC....
Some servers will give a warning, THEN kick.....
Some other servers will just kick on the first offence...

I also got kicked for 'wtf'....

pisses me off...
TrevorP
+0|6799
I prefer the term dick-weed for admins personally... Mixed with a little F,U,C and a dash of K to make the recipe just right for that not-so-special someone.

Last edited by TrevorP (2005-11-10 18:12:07)

Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6851|United Kingdom
like getting kicked for saying cockpit...
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6784
^LMAO That's my favorite.

My friend does that intentionally now (says "Cockpit") on our clan's ranked server when there are a ton of people.  It's amazing when almost everyone in the entire game types up "lol" at once.
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6777|Mechanicsville, VA
yea I def. have been kicked about 25 times for the PB language crap... if you know me personally I swear like a bitch... every 5 seconds if I'm mad its F*CK this and F*Ck that... sometimes I just lose control and I get kicked by PB from one sentence cause it has like 6 curse words in it... lol... ex. "God you stupid F8Cking a$$hole... what the F8CK is your problem you stupid f*cking B**CH go f*cking uninstall you a$$hat"
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6788|The Hague, Holland

shortah wrote:

yea I def. have been kicked about 25 times for the PB language crap... if you know me personally I swear like a bitch... every 5 seconds if I'm mad its F*CK this and F*Ck that... sometimes I just lose control and I get kicked by PB from one sentence cause it has like 6 curse words in it... lol... ex. "God you stupid F8Cking a$$hole... what the F8CK is your problem you stupid f*cking B**CH go f*cking uninstall you a$$hat"
There's something wih the word "Asshat" Hahaha, I find it so funny .
I learned the word itself from the posts on this site

Asshat.

http://www.blacklotus.net/images/asshat.gif

http://www.ennuicentral.com/images/asshat.jpg

I coudnt resist.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6769

I believe the correct way to use "Asshat" to make it PB proof is the following:

:: Ass^ ::
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6834|Australia

Ethereal_Drag0n wrote:

I am 100% SURE that the server admin's are the ones behind the kicking....
not all the time.

admins will warn you if they are on the server, but they are also can enable PB to kick for swearing. some servers cant be bothered.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6771
my theory is the kicking has something to do with the game's rating of T for Teen.  i bet servers have to agree when they become ranked to make sure the language stays in the PG-13 rating (so the soccer moms don't get pissed off) and some servers just take it to the extreme, while others don't even give a rat's ass. i've noticed that smaller servers, like 16-32 players, seem to be a lot more stricter on language then the big 64 ones.

i'm just guessing though...
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826
What's a soccer mom doing buying their little spoiled brat a war game? There's nothing more infuriating than swearing at some idiot FUCKTARD and then getting booted.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6771
indoor voices please,

i'm just saying that these are the type of wienies that freak out over a few bad words in a videogame

Last edited by DeltaForceWarrior (2005-11-11 22:15:07)

elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6762|Columbus, Indiana

[RL]Tarasque wrote:

ppls who dont swear scare me, really!
Look at this post...................

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=4329

Did I scare you
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6762|NH - USA
I dont have that problem as I cannot find the time to type playing this game! (Not to mention read everything that goes by.) If its not on the presets, I dont "say" it.

And DeltaForceWarrior, who are you referring to with the "indoor voices"? I dont see any CAP LOCK abuse in this thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard