Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA
I tried a quick search for this but didn't find anything...I won't say it was exhaustive, however.

I was wondering on the "legality" of knife only / pistol only servers.  I think if I read the terms right, it is against EA's policy of a "ranked" server, right?

What are the community's thoughts on that?  I'll give mine...I think it is definitely fun to play knife/pistol only, but I don't think they should be ranked.  As such, I'll admit that I join those servers and kind of revel in using all weapons available until I'm kicked.  Maybe this makes me a jerk, I don't know.  I realize two wrongs don't make a right...but...

Thoughts?
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6785|EUR
against the rules nuff said. its fine unranked thoe.
DomeH
+1|6550|Germany
Thats statpadding
i think it was more fun to get 18 kills with a knife in a around.
i ran round on karkand and throw flashbangs that was my way to get the expert knife badge
but it was extrem difficult
now you only need 100 global knife kills
you don't need a knife pistol server for that
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6715|Antarctica
If you only wanna play it for fun then make a fake account for N/P servers.  I would really like a n/p mod, where all you have are smoke nades, ammo, medpacks, shockpaddles, pistols, and knives.  That would be really fun imo
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK
How the hell did you manage to do a search for knife and pistol server comments on here and not find anything.

+1 to you sir for acheiving the impossible.

As MuseSeeker said, unranked - have a blast, ranked - they're very much frowned upon as they are against the ROE and playing on them is likely to get your stats wiped. That's not to say that people don't play on them, even very very very high ranked players, just do so at your own risk. At the end of the day, it's cheating and doesn't exactly acheive anyting in real terms.

Oh, and VeNg3nCe^ , knife begins with a K, hence K/P server

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-06-19 09:26:41)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6539|Belgium
regular server expert knife badge > K/P expert knife badge

imagine the humiliation for the opposing team for you to get all those knife kills from their lack of skill
the ultimate ownage, much like knifing the opposing commander in stead of just cracking his skull with a vehicle drop
RedneckSloth
+12|6604|MI
Take a look at this site it should answer most of your questions.
http://www.bfroe.com/

Last edited by RedneckSloth (2006-06-19 09:27:53)

Seether

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

How the hell did you manage to do a search for knife and pistol server comments on here and not find anything.
I guess you're right.  I just put "knife only" and none of the subjects looked promising.  I probably should have looked harder.

Anyway, I'm definitely curious about the "getting your stats wiped part"  I guess I probably shouldn't join those servers just to annoy those people anymore.  I think anyone can see via my stats that I'm not a stat padder.  In fact, I've long ago given up trying to get even the basic knife badge because I don't play for stats.   I can't see where, during the course of normal gameplay, I would ever get 7 knife kills.  I guess if I tried I might be able to, but generally I just like to play for the fun of it and take any stats/awards that come with it.
Seether

RedneckSloth wrote:

Take a look at this site it should answer most of your questions.
http://www.bfroe.com/
What a great site.  Is that officially licensed by EA in anyway?  I couldn't explicitly tell from what I saw.  It's definitely something that should be widely spread.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6704|Howell, Mi USA
K/P servers should be left unranked just for fun.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6614
there out there. Look at karkand 16 players. pop up like crazy
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6706|Sacramento
Yeah this was talked about already.. its padding and not cool
plus its against the ROE.

If you see one.. report it. or go in and use a tank hehe.. lots of easy kills.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6614
Well if you think about it those who get on it and play commander alot sure do rank up quick. But its cheap.
Lurch_454
+5|6615
I love going into one of those servers just to light everyone up like x-mas trees with the support weapons.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6765|United States of America
Mmmm, T-90, supplies, no AT on the other team, lousy voters already making votes against someone else. Yeah, it happens.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard