jacob_6
+0|6742
hi im gaikiwarrior i play on iconz arena ranked servers . my question is how come my ping is 112 on these servers 32 and 64 player yet higher on lots of servers eg. get kicked for high average ping of 250? does my card radeon 9550 256mb affect other gamers games or not , or do imake the game lag for others?

any experts please reply i dont understand why sometimes my game is a slide show!!!!!

system specs p4 2.6 ghz 1068 ddr400 pc3200 ram raadeon 9550 256mb 120 hdd

also im perth western australia is there any local servers i can use ?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6745|The United Center
ping is not affected by your video card.  ping is simply a number representing the time it takes for your computer to send a packet to a server and for that server to respond. 

there are two types of lag.  video card lag, which is caused by playing a game at too high of graphics settings, causing lag on your end, and internet lag, which is just when you're not receiving information from the server fast enough.

your video card obviously isnt the problem, so you have the second of the two types.  try sorting the servers by ping from now on and go with the lowest number that comes up.
jacob_6
+0|6742
cool thanks very much
Instant Cereal
+0|6742

jacob_6 wrote:

also im perth western australia is there any local servers i can use ?
I think that's the pooch right there.... unless I missed something.
BladeRunner
+5|6747|UK
Most of the time when people complain about lag in-game, they are referring to system-lag, not network lag. If they are the only one lagging and their ping is 20, they can't be having straight-forward network issues.

They could, of course, be saying they have lag as an excuse for being crap
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

There are some EA TH (thailand) EASG (singapore) if you want to try your luck. your connection might be able to handle the network lag. Try looking for EA AU or EAAU or something, i'm surprised they don't have any servers...

oh and i couldnt help thinking of this BladeRunner

https://www.totalirrelevance.zeeblo.com/images/randomshit/lagcartoon.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard