*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6714|Malaga, EspaƱa
The PLA semi Automatic snipers isnt so bad. for medium range it can be comfortable in place of the Bolt action
ToiletTrooper
+25|6746|WC
M24 and M95.. both desame, only the model, and sound
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6714|Vienna- Austria
problem IS, we tried it on our server... one sitting in chopper landing in front of me and waiting it took 15 shots at the head of him in cockpit and nothin O.o only thing was the chopper started burning... also its not more accurate than the m-24, im used to shooting rifles in real life, and also did once with the m82 (older,non socom, version of the m95) and its barely managable in shooting that thing standing.. in real life is helluva accurate thing but after firing in BF 2.. O.o wtf i can hit beter with the g36c in prone as with the m95..
for my thinking the m-24 is the best choice as sniper
Instant Cereal
+0|6714

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

The PLA semi Automatic snipers isnt so bad. for medium range it can be comfortable in place of the Bolt action
The MEC and PLA sniper rifles are squad / platoon / company support marksmanship rifles, or in other words, tactical rifles. They're like the US M21 (a modified version of a M14, but for tactical sniping). Usually people with the higher marksmanship ratings among their comrades are given these roles.

So yes, The MEC and PLA rifles are good for close-medium ranges, while they're hopelessly outmatched by the M24 school of sniper rifles in long ranges.

ToiletTrooper wrote:

M24 and M95.. both desame, only the model, and sound
Eh, I prefer the M24 over the M95 any day; accuracy is way more important than power. I can (or when I used to play Bf2) kill a guy with 1 or 2 shots with the M24, but I'd often find myself emptying entire M95 mags. to get one kill. Also, a lot of snipers and Spec Ops operators consider the M95 and its family overkill for many roles.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6733

You all have it wrong, the L85A1 is the best sniper weapon in BF2. It could be that I just suck sometimes but some nardsack took me out twice with his medic gun while I was trying to snipe him with M95.

And [FIS]-Thor, I can't possibly imagine shooting the M95 or the M82 while standing in real life. Holding it steady would be a challenge, much less aim properly and land a good shot... however that is common place in BF2.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

problem IS, we tried it on our server... one sitting in chopper landing in front of me and waiting it took 15 shots at the head of him in cockpit and nothin O.o only thing was the chopper started burning... also its not more accurate than the m-24, im used to shooting rifles in real life, and also did once with the m82 (older,non socom, version of the m95) and its barely managable in shooting that thing standing.. in real life is helluva accurate thing but after firing in BF 2.. O.o wtf i can hit beter with the g36c in prone as with the m95..
shit bad aim!!
iv shot a couple of guys out of cockpit with one shot, and the m95 is better than m24, it is so just deal with it, if you dont belive me goto ubar and look.
jax
+12|6738
i think that they should have made the upgrad for the sniper a little less acutae than the M24 but atomatic and 50 damadge per shot (not call it the M95 as well cause thats just stupid
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6742|Mechanicsville, VA
Heres a better idea, instead of giving a person an unlock for a rank... give them an unlock for that weapon class after they reach a certain amount of kills with the starter gun.  That way you actually have to use that gun to get the unlock for it, instead of never having to be it and getting the unlock anyway, which I have always thought is the dumbest reason to give a gun unlock.  They in 1.1 they should put a upgrade option where you can choose an upgrade path for your weapons, gear. Like nightvision, grenades, heart beat sensor, tougher armor,  etc. That would be a smarter unlock system.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Oh, gee. Maybe EA should have just made the AWP the sniper unlock. Then everybody would be happy and all the Counterstrike goons would return to play. Sure, I'm irritated at the inaccuracy of the M95, but I'm happy at all the M95 snipers on the other team who waste flag-capping time to sit en-masse around my airfields hoping for a lucky shot in any particular two-second window.

the_heart_attack wrote:

shit bad aim!!
iv shot a couple of guys out of cockpit with one shot, and the m95 is better than m24, it is so just deal with it, if you dont belive me goto ubar and look.
I'm sorry, but the M95 is effectively the equal of the M24 for damage, with two body shots required for a kill. If you're looking to hurt vehicles, and aircraft, then there's better weapons for that. If you're just sitting around hoping to get that lucky headshot against a chopper pilot, then you're not doing your team much good.

Personally, faced with the option of a near guaranteed headshot with an M24, or the game-randomized headshot with the M95, I'd go with the M24 any day unless I'm just screwing around.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-11-10 12:22:32)

dsb
+0|6748

the_heart_attack wrote:

I've only been able to to cap a pilot in 2 shots, so I wonder if the guy that you took out in one shot was already wounded.  That said, I like the accuracy of the M24 over the "longer range" of the M95.  I use the M95 over the SVD or that other piece o' shit, but I'll always take the M24 over the M95.
Instant Cereal
+0|6714

the_heart_attack wrote:

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

shit bad aim!!
M24 and M95 are equally good, but excel in different aspects. I don't need to go to ubar 'cause I know for a fact the M24 is damn good. All of my sniper rifles kills are M24 kills and I've never had a problem taking on a sniper armed with a M95. The M24 is muh baby!

I definitely agree with [FIS]-Thor that the 50 cal. family of sniper rifles are difficult to use compared to other rifles. The M95 is more cumbersome and heavy, where as the M24 is much more handy.

Last edited by Instant Cereal (2005-11-10 17:59:04)

[FIS]-Thor
+0|6714|Vienna- Austria

the_heart_attack wrote:

shit bad aim!!
erm Ubar says it not more accurate than the m-24 look at it urself and i dotn got that bad aim.. after the patch we tried that..

he was 4 metres in front of me not flying- also [FIS]Para tried it which is one of the better snipers, GR (7000) and it just didnt worked..

before u try next time saying i got bad aim, or look at ubar read it urself thru and read that THEY say m-24 is most accurate

well back to topic..

in real life the barret family is called, "anti material rifles" meaning u shot with em at jeeps vehicles light armoured tanks and choppers to get their motors, OR u use em to shot thru cover... meaning the 50 cal rounds.. the standard tips, are penetrating 30-50 cm stone walls and still kill the infantrist behind it.

there are multiple of these rifles also one which shots a Flak round.. and the gun its elkf whights 18 kg.

these rifles are not to be a mobile squad support.  these are used by sniper ON distances between 700m and 2 km.
whilst the m-24 is a man stoppinf gun.. the larger round of it do not penetrate the body as much as the standard rounds of the Armalite 15 family (=m16 and all variants)

so the try to get it into BF 2 is wrong because try to shot somebody at 2 km in BF 2 O.o? normal fighting distance is 50-300m so either the m-24 or the m-21 would be the choice in real life

Last edited by [FIS]-Thor (2005-11-11 06:18:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard